Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Bad Posture
    #3565620 - 12/31/04 03:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

From 6 months of school work and too much computer time, my posture has gone to shit. I can't believe it, catching glances of myself in a store front reflection I look like a hunchback in the early stages.

This is bothering me - how can I fix this, just sit straight at any opportunity? Am I permanently changed from all this time practicing awful posture?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bad Posture [Re: Holydiver]
    #3565704 - 12/31/04 04:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You need a bit of cash and a good chiropractor.
You may be given several adjustments over the course of a few months, but he or she will have to tell you. Choose someone you are drawn to or someone you are referred to by reliable sources.

Work out. Excercise. Practice good posture at all times.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Bad Posture [Re: World Spirit]
    #3566050 - 12/31/04 07:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was watching Jack Lallane's old workout show and he did exsercises that were supposed to help with bad posture. Maybe you could look into some workouts that could help.

Other than that, just try to keep your posture correct all the time. It's tiring, but worth it to keep your spine healthy.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3566076 - 12/31/04 07:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Excersize, concentrating particularly on abdominal strength and back flexibility. Yoga is good.
If you aren't flush, you just might buy the video "Classical Pilates Technique - The complete mat workout". It isn't full-on pilates (no machines needed), but shows a good, very short daily workout that'll fix your posture. This video isn't good to work out with, but is a good resource to learn some great excersises that don't take any more equipment than a little open space.

InvisibleSociety
Pizza Guy

Loc: Eating pizza
Re: Bad Posture [Re: phi1618]
    #3566653 - 12/31/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've had bad posture for a long time. Just the past few years I've been trying to improve it.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #3567617 - 01/01/05 06:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i would echo enter's words; "practice good posture at all times", except that you will only practice good posture when you remember
just try to use the comp. so that you sit up fully in a comfortable fasion. this is more work than sloutching, but not much.

i have lower back pain sometimes from computer use myself. i just try to remember to sit up strait and make sure the chair i sit in is comfortable in sucha position. i'm sorry i can't be of more help, but this seems to work for me.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Posture [Re: World Spirit]
    #3568592 - 01/01/05 06:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No he doesnt. All he needs is a good mind and to breath deep at least three times while letting the top of his head rise and his chin drop. while sitting remeber to take three full breaths starting by expanding your stomach and extending it up to threw your chest. Doing this while at your desk in your car and walking takes some time to remeber but after a while it becomes natural.

That and are you lacking confidence. Slouched posture is a sign of lacking confidence. When walking be confident and walk proud.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being