Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCornBall
Stranger
A few newbie questions?
    #348938 - 06/25/01 09:07 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I'm a newbie so I'll start with a few simple (for you guys anyways) questions I could not fiind the answers to on this site (great site BTW).

#1 Can contamination "jump" from jar to jar when the network is establishing itself? I know the mold/fungus/bacterias can jump once in the terrarium, but can it go from jar to jar in a dark closet?

#2 Are filter discs a worthwhile investment?

#3 Where's a good place to order spores? I ordered off Spore Chicks last time, and although the spores got here, they took about three/four weeks longer than they should have.

#4 What's the most "newbie-friendly" strain? I'm guessing one that spreads fast (minimizing infection chance) would be optimal, but I'm unsure of this.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Corn-Ball

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemadmyco
Stranger
Loc: Illinois
Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: CornBall]
    #348951 - 06/25/01 09:30 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

#1 It can't go through glass but spores are microscopic and will float around.#2 Yes.#3 Sporechicks are reliable so is hawk. Ecuadorian Ecuadorian Ecuadorian Ecudorian need I say more?

peace and plants
m

go.to/FreeSporeRing
How can you go wrong if its free?

Crobih is my founder of the shroomery

--------------------
m
peace and plants

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: CornBall]
    #348953 - 06/25/01 09:31 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

#1 Can contamination "jump" from jar to jar when the network is establishing itself? I know the mold/fungus/bacterias can jump once in the terrarium, but can it go from jar to jar in a dark closet? >>>>>>

It all depends on how much you move those and/or store your jars. It has never happened to any monkeys around here (in similar situations i might add). Once you identify that your jar is contaminated move it to a different spot in your closet. If the Top is on then you should be good . All of this addreses a PF style cake.

#2 Are filter discs a worthwhile investment? >>>>>>>

If you have the money i don't see why not. I'm sure there is a way to re-use them. No monkeys here have ever tired these silly little disks.

#3 Where's a good place to order spores? I ordered off Spore Chicks last time, and although the spores got here, they took about three/four weeks longer than they should have. >>>>>>>>>>

Why dont you try www.fanaticus.com . Not only for your first spores but also for the info that is provided there. They are usualy prompt. I would also recomend the FSR which is also prompt and ralphster44 is great with answering any questions pertaining to the FSR .

#4 What's the most "newbie-friendly" strain? I'm guessing one that spreads fast (minimizing infection chance) would be optimal, but I'm unsure of this. >>>>>>

I don't know that much about "newbie-friendly-strains".

peace and good luck

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Anonymous

Re: A few newbie questions? [Re: BrownPastures]
    #348958 - 06/25/01 09:40 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

No
No
SporeLab
B+

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags