Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Maybe the sane ones are the insane?
    #3440995 - 12/03/04 06:05 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

How do we know that people we look at as insane aint the sane ones? that they can see things we cant that is there but we dont want to belive is.
Visions of things we see as a child, but lose as we grow older then forget.
Maybe we are too narrow minded.
Maybe Mushroom gives us this back, or any halligen(must be wrong word)

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Maybe the sane ones are the insane? [Re: RiffSki]
    #3441217 - 12/03/04 09:43 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

I think a lot of insane people have wide reaching minds that see further than our cultural bounries. Because there is no space for their gifts to be assimilated and no context for them to place their minds in.....they are maltreated by a society that cannot accept the spirit into it's culture. And they actually do loose the plot in terms of social intregration, because there is no space for their feeling.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Maybe the sane ones are the insane? [Re: CJay]
    #3441288 - 12/03/04 10:12 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

It might all be well and true that the mentally ill have a wider scope of things, and it may play a part in their difficulty integrating in society, but it's true nonetheless that the mentally ill lack the ability to function because their grip on reality is too loose. They are often violent people who pose a threat to themselves and others. They are in a lot of fear and a lot of pain. The most insulting thing we can do to the mentally ill is muse about how "gifted" they are, standing idly by while they are tortured by their own turbulent minds.

Thinking of the mentally ill as "spiritual" is inaccurate, and just plain useless. Society has not "discarded" these people because it "cannot except the spirit." Society has put the mentally ill in treatment because they cannot take care of themselves. There may have been some fear about insanity fifty years ago, but that ignorance is on it's way out. Lets not trade it for the ignorance believing these people are our gods.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Re: Maybe the sane ones are the insane? [Re: Ped]
    #3441515 - 12/03/04 11:43 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

well just look at people in this forum:P

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Maybe the sane ones are the insane? [Re: RiffSki]
    #3441633 - 12/03/04 12:13 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

Sanity is a relative and subjective concept, just like most other concepts created by man.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Maybe the sane ones are the insane? [Re: Ped]
    #3441691 - 12/03/04 12:29 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

I don't think they are our gods at all, and if you notice I said 'a lot of insane people' not ALL insane people by any stretch of the imagination.

I suppose I am not talking about the violent sort braindamaged from birth or suchlike. Nor am I really talking about autistic people, tho many may possess gifts and are often uncapable of integration into society. (I have some experience working with these people - like you say many of them can be unpredictable and violent)

I have personal experience with a few close friends who have been locked up in mental homes, people who cannot cope in society as it is given to us as members.

Some cannot be helped tis true, and I have had experience of seeing things spiralling out of control until suicide. It is very sad to see that happen. What will happen will happen tho.

However some come through, especially with the right tips on how to cope with their minds and the trip through chapel perilous. I have a friend who is extremely sensitive to feelings, others feelings and vibes at large. Not knowing how to handle this part of his mind almost took him under and he has spent various periods in homes. Thanx to the right vibes from many people around him and some good work by his psychiatrist he's back in action.

And still the same guy. Only now he knows where to place those voices in his head and how to deal with the mind. He is very insightful. Let's hope we keep rollin.

We are all insane, just some of us can deal with it better than others.

It can be extremely difficult to integrate one's vision and feelings into the mechanised hub of society and the constraints of culture - so fuck that shit, realise and ride. It's ok to be oneself.

:crazy2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology