Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Question/Contaminates
    #342901 - 06/17/01 04:07 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Question,
If there was yellow discoloring in the mycelium when I planted it in the soil/vermiculite growth medium, will the actual mushrooms produced be contaminated or bad to consume?
What if there was a more severe discoloring like green or black and it was planted?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
Re: Question/Contaminates [Re: Anonymous]
    #342909 - 06/17/01 04:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

yellow discoloration can be mycelium waste that is left behind, or a contaminant. The easiest way to check is to see if there is any odd rotting or bacterial smell going on in the jars/casing. Green mold is bad, id rather not consume it even though i have read that it wont really harm you.

--Kremlin

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlinedementiarecords
Stranger
Loc: Somewhere Central Fla
Re: Question/Contaminates [Re: Kremlin]
    #342919 - 06/17/01 04:44 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thanx for the reply. I didnt have a funky odor or a green smell. The actual substrate did smell a little weird(i've never smelled it) , but nothing rancid.

Reality is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes

--------------------
Catch me on the reverb and expect delays.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Question/Contaminates [Re: Anonymous]
    #344273 - 06/19/01 07:55 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Black is bad too! It won't neccessarily smell bad.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate