Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Contaminated?
    #789651 - 08/01/02 02:13 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay. I had three cakes (B+) that flushed once and then stopped.... I dunked, i cold shocked but still nothing. So i decided to case them. I cased with straight vermiculate. Its been about 4 days since then and when i checked on them they had a really rancid smell. Almost like sour milk and penicillin. There is mycelium growth but no visible contaminent.

I have two questions...

1) since this casing is isolated (no way it will contaminate anything else) should i leave it be for a few days to be sure or just throw it out?

2) has anyone else had a casing develope this smell, and if so was it contamination?

my friend seems to think its not contaminated, that the smell developed due to too much moisture & too not enough air exchange... but he doesnt really know what he is talking about so.....

Thanks

~Seraph~

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contaminated? [Re: Seraph]
    #790203 - 08/01/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Fan it more often, if the smell stays for a couple of days then the mushrooms are gone.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Seraph]
    #790913 - 08/01/02 02:20 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: Contaminated? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #793740 - 08/03/02 05:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

well, i kept it isolated and fanned it for a few days but it didnt help

My friend hasnt sent me the pics yet but there are lil olive-greenish spots on one side and really fuzzy white stuff on the other... and the smell got worse... we threw the casing out seeing as the mycelium that was once white was kinda gooey and green... pretty nasty looking...

ill post the pics in a few days or so in the contamination faq

~Seraph~

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale