Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Question: Contaminated?
    #1557286 - 05/18/03 03:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hate to ask after reading through FAQ, but I'm not entirely sure if my mush is contaminated. There are no signs of other coloured mold, but on some of the vermaculite there appears to be a raindbow tint colour, it's on very little, it might even just be the lighting in the room, also it seems to be growing.. but not that fast in the terranium, it's been about a week and a half since it was cold-shocked, there is noticable growth, but i fear it is not enough, also there is a hint of a sour smell when i lift the glass off the terranium, other than that it all looks okay, don't have a cam so no pics! but should i just let it keep growing and see what happens?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Question: Contaminated? [Re: sprucemoose]
    #1557296 - 05/18/03 03:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well the shinyness is characteristic of verm, but i would say if its growing and its not white mycelium...it must be contam, but if its not jumping to other cakes...maybe not... Smell isnt good either..perhaps others can give a better idea.

Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question: Contaminated? [Re: sprucemoose]
    #1557305 - 05/18/03 03:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Remove or cover that area in baking soda. Doesn't sound good if there is a sour smell to it. I would think if it was just the lighting in the room it wouldn't be growing.

All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Question: Contaminated? [Re: Magash]
    #1557503 - 05/18/03 11:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

not sure really... all i can say is i use a coarser vermiculte and there are occasional chunks of... shiny fishscale looking pieces that have somewhat of a multi-color tint to them. although they dont grow on me haha. as for the smell i have no clue. i've read that theres some kinda bacteria has somewhat of a noticeable apple smell or something... i think.

Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation