Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Loc: Cali
has anybody tried Absinth?
    #3395426 - 11/22/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

does Absinth really make you trip or was it made up the 19th-20th century to get people to stop buying it?have you drank it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: cougercruiser]
    #3395472 - 11/22/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've drank Absinthe, it does not "make you trip." It is pretty much very high proof alcohol with various different mixtures of herbs in it. In some countries it has wormwood in it, which is supposed to be psychoactive, but I have only ever noticed that instead of feeling slow and drunk I felt rather awake and sparkling in conversation, if that makes sense. I think that in the 19th century when things were less regulated and absinthe was very popular, manufacturers were throwing all kinds of toxic crap in it. Plus, people got addicted to it and drank so much that they probably did start to hallucinate eventually, but that happens to serious alcoholics. Absinthe is tasty, though, if you like liquorice-herby tastes.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: champ]
    #3395496 - 11/22/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i've tried quite a bit of different absinths... i'd recommend home-made absinth from Provence (a region of France) as the best I've sampled... it isn't psychedelic, although at large doses, I've experienced hallucinations from it... the problem is, by the time that starts happening, you are so shit-faced that it really isn't a "trip" - it's just weird. most absinth you buy in the US will not have wormwood in it... brew your own (their used to be a shroomery sponsor that sold kits... not sure if there still is)

--------------------

OfflineaoxomoxoaMan
Esquire

Loc: Colorado
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: Krishna]
    #3395508 - 11/22/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It tastes like ass. It does give you a different buzz. But...I REPEAT it tastes like ASS.

--------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene...You might put an eye out.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3395512 - 11/22/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes and it kicks major ass.

there's no better way to get drunk :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Loc: Cali
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3395542 - 11/22/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks guys for the help i just thought i wanted to try a different trip without doing some majore damage. :eek:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3395549 - 11/22/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

just do it in shots and don't go overboard as you don't want to reach toxic levels too quickly

moderation=key

have tons of fun!

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleMmkay
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3395740 - 11/22/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I tried it in Finland a few years back and it really knocked me on my ass. I was there for a business trip and wasn't at liberty to experiment with it, so when I got home I ordered 2 bottles of Sebor: http://www.seborabsinth.com/shop/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1

I went all out and bought the silly spoon, sugar cubes...etc. I never experienced anything other than a slightly different kind of drunk. Absinthe smells very strongly of anise and has a harsh black licorice taste. Overall I was disappointed by the rumors and IMO it was a complete waste of money.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: Mmkay]
    #3395778 - 11/22/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ideally you dont drink enough to get sloshed but still get teh effects of the wormwood.  i ahve tried it once and got too drunk to knwo if there were any other effects.

its $80 a bottle here so i cant afford to sample too much :frown:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: aoxomoxoaMan]
    #3395798 - 11/22/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

aoxomoxoaMan said:
It tastes like ass. It does give you a different buzz. But...I REPEAT it tastes like ASS.

if you "cook" it properelly with sugar and whatnot, i think it tastes quite good... but, only if you like black licorice (actual black licorice - like the flavor of anise or salmiaak, not american black licorice)

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: Krishna]
    #3395811 - 11/22/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

reminded me a jaeger

--------------------

Anonymous

#3395850 - 11/22/04 09:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It won't make you trip. If you are in touch with plant allies, you will note the different effect, if you are drinking it to get wasted you probably won't. If you can feel blue lotus and similar entheogens then you'll probably get a good effect from it, notably dreamlike imagery with your eyes closed.

Sebor is good in my experience.

I have a ground up nug soaking in a covered glass of it right now.

Edited by Organic (11/22/04 09:22 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: Organic]
    #3395876 - 11/22/04 09:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

order from drinkabsinthe.com, they have a quality product from experience...

yes, there is a lovely difference from just drinking alcohol, and i prefer it :thumbup:

its very... clear when you start to get effects... just try it! take about three glasses (a shot in each glass with the sugar and fire and water, make sure the absinthe and water is nice and chill)

youll have a good time! definatly a ritual drink, and a lot more fun with close friends.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinepsychedelic_sam
Life is shortenjoy

Loc: Hell in a bucket
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3397077 - 11/23/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its some of the most horrible stuff Ive tasted! I tried some home made, it might have been better if it was distilled, not the effects I was expecting more alcohol buzz then anything. I did notice a bit more of a calming laid back buzz though, but it shure didnt make me trip

--------------------

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...;)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: champ]
    #3397287 - 11/23/04 07:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

champ said:
I've drank Absinthe, it does not "make you trip." It is pretty much very high proof alcohol with various different mixtures of herbs in it. In some countries it has wormwood in it, which is supposed to be psychoactive, but I have only ever noticed that instead of feeling slow and drunk I felt rather awake and sparkling in conversation, if that makes sense. I think that in the 19th century when things were less regulated and absinthe was very popular, manufacturers were throwing all kinds of toxic crap in it. Plus, people got addicted to it and drank so much that they probably did start to hallucinate eventually, but that happens to serious alcoholics. Absinthe is tasty, though, if you like liquorice-herby tastes.

What really did the trick with absynthe back in the day was the addition of Laudanum, which was an opiate based drug. The combined effect is supposed to be grand, though Im not sure if anyone makes Laudanum anymore. I sure would like to find some.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: beejay]
    #3397336 - 11/23/04 07:48 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

laudanum was made by dissolving as much opium as they could in aberral of grain alcohol, it was a tincher, a couple drops would do ya.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: gdman]
    #3397431 - 11/23/04 08:29 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

mmm mmm good. I think laudanum should be a new campbells soup variety. I could sure go for a can of that this morning.  :crazy2:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Invisibleboese
Absinthe
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: beejay]
    #3434202 - 12/01/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Deleted by Ripple

Edited by Ripple (12/01/04 06:32 PM)

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: boese]
    #3434205 - 12/01/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Edit: That's not legal
in the USA

You can buy the extract I've tried it and it's not bad.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Edited by Ripple (12/01/04 06:34 PM)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: has anybody tried Absinth? [Re: boese]
    #3434220 - 12/01/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not legal in the US.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies