Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsylo330
shroomz not totally dried
    #335976 - 06/06/01 08:09 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

hello!! My shrroms seem to bee difficult to dry, cos the dessicant keeps on melting. They are not toatlly dried, they are elastic. I would like to use them saturday, and I had planned to put them in powder to day, put the result is weird!! It's not really powder, it seems more like little wood chops(about 1-2 mm), quite elastic. Can I use them anyway??

I am completly mad so dont listen to a word I say its the littleblueguyz fault.If I don'tpost anything for a few days, it's that I have suicided myself or I had decided to live on Mars.

--------------------
I am completly mad so dont listen to a word I say its the littleblueguyz fault.If I don'tpost anything for a few days, it's that I have suicided myself or I had decided to live on Mars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: shroomz not totally dried [Re: psylo330]
    #335992 - 06/06/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Sure you can use them. As long as they not stink...
Next time predry them in front of a fan, then end dry them with desiccant.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#336004 - 06/06/01 08:51 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #336206 - 06/06/01 01:34 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

1. This is how dessicant works. It absorbs moisture. When it absorbs moisture , it gets wet, and looks like it's "melting"

2. If your too impatient for your shrooms to dry properly in your dessicant chamber (usualy takes 3-5days depending on howmany shrooms you crammed into your chamber) then go ahead and fan them before you put them in. But don't come back and post something like "i just tripped on my shrooms and they seem so weak" in the future...

3. of course you can use those little pieces.

peace

"like a Japanese Cowboy or a blind man on skates"-Ween
Drool Donkey Island

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #336256 - 06/06/01 02:33 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

not enough dessicant used.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinepsylo330
Re: shroomz not totally dried [Re: hubertd8]
    #336961 - 06/07/01 10:11 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm using a quarter of a liter!!

--------------------

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #337155 - 06/07/01 04:11 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

then either your chamber has a leak(moisture is being absorbed from outside, and/or you got bad dessicant, by that i mean either its not strong enough or it wasn't stored properly.

1/4 L on approz how many mushies?

try spreading you dessicant out abit more,

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinepsylo330
Re: shroomz not totally dried [Re: hubertd8]
    #337792 - 06/08/01 11:43 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hi everyone!! Well, what I did, is that I put all the powder(well, copers!!)in a 1/4 jar, put a inch layer of dissicant, , a few cotton ball, and wrapped the powder in a tishu. In one day, its was all dried. I did the same with about the five shrromz I had that weren't so driede, and to day I put the in powder, they were all hard and snaped. I have a bout 20 ml of powder now, and I put that in a little tube( U know, thje one U put the caps containing plant powder). That seems fine. But I had the REALLY big shrrom, very large, not dried, and I did the same thing, put it really doens't seem like driying. I'm throwing it away, cos It's about three day I'm trying to died it, It must have lost all of it's potenty... Well, anyway, thanx to everyone!!! Psylo33

--------------------

OfflineGuyute
addict

#337793 - 06/08/01 12:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I never let my shrooms completely dry... just let them get to the "elastic" stage right before cracker dry... I powder them in a coffee grinder at this stage (you have to grind them a LOT to get them to poweder, I suspect you did not grind them enough, because I used to have the same problem)... then stir powder into OJ and drink it down... in my experience, they retain a little more potency if you keep them from completely drying out.

You Enjoy Myself

--------------------
The army's on ecstasy... so they say... I read all about it in the USA Today...
They stepped up urine testing, to make it go away... because its hard to
kill the enemy on ol' MDMA. -Oysterhead
You Enjoy Myself -Phish

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #337899 - 06/10/01 10:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Never throw a shroom away, shame on you.  If you think it might have lost its potency then just eat it with a regular dose, you don't want to just make its whole life meaningless!

4 out of 5 inmates agree.  The FSR is better than being raped by your overweight roomate!;)
Support the FSR.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag