Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Boletes that bruise Blue in Cow paddocks. Pics.
    #335944 -

Hi,
As Mitchnast quite rightly has pointed out to me, some boletes that can be found in cow pastures bruise blue and may be mistaken, by the very (very) inexperienced as Psilocybes. Obviously it doesn't look anything like a real psilocybe, but a newbie armed with the knowledge that 'blue bruisng mushrooms in cow pastures are magic' may well poison themselves.

The below picture has been sourced from GGreatOne234s page. It can be found at http://hometown.aol.com/ggreatone234/Page7.html and, in my opinion, is well worth a visit if you havn't already. He says he found these in cow paddocks. Thanx for the correction, Mitchnast.










Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boletes that bruise Blue in Cow paddocks. Pics. [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #335993 -

WEll I am curious since there are hundreds of leaves on the ground I was wondering what kind of a pasture had trees in it. The shroom grows in soil not from manure and pronbably only popped up through the manure like many shrooms do.

ANd they have a porus bottom instead of gills and look nothing like a Psilocybe or Copelandia or Panaeolus, the main three genera which produce mushrooms which are coprohilous.

I have never in thirty years ever seen a bolete (pronounced Bo-leet) or Boletus {Pronounced Bo-Leet-Us), not Bo leet tay.

mj

Nice image GGreatOne234

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boletes that bruise Blue in Cow paddocks. Pics. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #335994 -

thatnks for backin me up guys, i appreciate it. hope i can return the favor.
wish i had that milk cap set of pics i boasted, but the zip drive is frigged for the time being, ill fix it tho and get them up for interests sake if anybody still cares. :) they also dont look like psilocybian mushrooms, but they ARE mushrooms and DO stain blue :) anyway, just waiting for ketch to call then were off to halifax. im sure we will get into lots of trouble
:) later.

thou speakest arite
i am the merry wanderer of the night

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boletes that bruise Blue in Cow paddocks. Pics. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #336032 -

mjshroomer,

Well I have found this type of bluing boletes on many occassions in cow fields and they never look the same. Usually found in hard-woods where the cows wander around all day and shit all over the place so it is just as easy for me to go in and look around for mushrooms, and I have never after hundreds of times in those woods ever seen a single cow. Well, I seen One, just a couple days ago, wanna seeE?

My Tree identification skills are as this;
Pine tree
Palm tree
other trees.
So I dont know what trees these grow under but I have indeed found many boletes growing in just grass pastures with no trees around. I cant recall ever seeing a bolete growing directly from manure, I bet that I have indeed found Poison mushrooms growing from manure before though

And Knome King that page is still under construction and only about 35% complete.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boletes that bruise Blue in Cow paddocks. Pics. [Re: Mitchnast]
    #336420 -

I'm not backing any one up. The things is, I asked for comments and corrections in my original post, I got one from you and for some reason everyone thinks that I "can't hack it" - why would I ask for suggestions if I couldn't!?

Just trying to clear things up.



Give me a woman that loves beer and I could conquer the world

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo on 06/06/01 08:42 PM.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* blueing non actives *pics* mattch1 2,435 9 05/19/08 10:39 PM
by weiliiiiiii
* Huge Ass Blueing Shroom (No pics, just a story) DocPsilocybin 1,562 2 09/29/02 07:52 PM
by Gumby
* King Bolete found in Washington State! (PICS) Stymee 4,711 12 07/19/04 12:55 PM
by HoodedForestDwellr
* AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (PICS) zither 1,975 5 10/26/03 07:15 AM
by Xenophobic
* blueing Gymnopilus ID (pics) mikeofyle 2,066 7 06/27/02 09:20 AM
by cardboard
* blue bruising bolet. (pic's) MESCALATO 3,560 10 09/07/04 10:40 AM
by mjshroomer
* Pics, cubies, extreme look-a-likes and big orange things...
( 1 2 all )
oO_wombat_Oo 7,476 21 05/05/03 08:28 PM
by ruskifile
* Why you should always shop at WoolWorths (pics) oO_wombat_Oo 3,070 13 01/09/02 09:28 PM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,808 topic views. 1 members, 13 guests and 64 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.