Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezither
Stranger

AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (PICS)
    #2042903 - 10/25/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

There is a xmas tree farm I walk through every year in W Washington for the wealth of amanitas. I never find any magics and I'm not into eating amanitas but I love to look at them and I've picked a few to spread around my yard.

I've found lots of other cool shrooms there too like some violet colored ones last year. But now I've found these strange blue/green ones. The color doesn't show up very well in the pics (looks more purple) but they are a very blue/green color as one would see in magics. Only they are intensely colored throughout. They were growing in some moss and shaded under young evergreens. They are also being eaten by maggots unfortunately. Can anyone help me with an ID?

Here are the pics of those as well as recent amanita pics.

...damn. I reached the upload limit. I'll upload more later. I have some really beautiful stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (help!) [Re: zither]
    #2042989 - 10/25/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Your Amanita, of course, is the ever popular Amanita muscaria.

Your other mushrooms I would normally suggest that you make a spore print and all that other stuff, but they are actually fairly distinctive. And you even got specimens of different ages. they are Cortinarius, close to Cortinarius balteatus or C. sodagnitus. Your second photo shows the cortina (spider web like partial veil) pretty well. Neither of those species is considered edible, and no Cortinarius should be eaten. They are difficult to identify accurately to species, and that results is little useable research on edibility. There are known to be deadly poisonous species of Cortinarius, and none are listed as good edibles. None of them are active.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinezither
Stranger

Re: AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (help!) [Re: ToxicMan]
    #2043663 - 10/26/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks a lot ToxicMan. Much appreciated.

OfflineMisstressChrissha
Suductress

Loc: Milky Way
Re: AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (help!) [Re: zither]
    #2043684 - 10/26/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Great pic of the Amanita!..I saved it in my pics...I hope you don't mind...they are such a beautiful mushroom.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (help!) [Re: MisstressChrissha]
    #2044164 - 10/26/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

man this is the best pic of amanita muscaria ive ever seen!

beautiful colors...looks big and healthy :smile:

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: AMANITAS plus strange blue/green shrooms (help!) [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2044198 - 10/26/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Geat shot of that Fly Agaric, zither.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract