Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Pergatory
Age and, the Shroomery?please any all reply,w. comments.Poll Included.
    #3345907 - 11/11/04 09:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I will try to make this as short as possible and hope this is appropiate.I have been around the community for some years now.(before I was even regesterd)It seems to me the age group in the community has gotten younger and,younger over the last few years.I wounder if at some point(this may have allready been addresd before?)The age as it may seem has gotton a little to young.I do not know how the law works but so many sites have a 18 or older agree,before entering there sites.I was just concernd that the shroomery could catch some flack or somthing.I would hate to see someone try to f*#@K up such a good thing.Please feal free to delete if at all this topic seams out of line for any reason.(MOD.,also if so Im me with your thouts.(sorry for the book)peace to all............
Does any one feal the same way?
Users may choose only one (30 total votes)
Yes
-
15 50%
No
-
15 50%
Votes accepted from (11/11/04 12:00 PM) to (11/25/04 09:09 AM)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Edited by sporechase13 (11/15/04 08:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: sporechase13]
    #3345921 - 11/11/04 09:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it seems that a lot of people who are underage apptempt to post here, useually they are picked out pretty quickly though.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Anonymous

Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: gdman]
    #3345933 - 11/11/04 09:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you have to be eighteen to post here.

age doesn't mean anything though, I've met some childish 30 and 40 somethings.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3345951 - 11/11/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The Shroomery does have an 18+ policy. Anyone creating a new account has to agree that they are over 18 years of age. Any members found to be under 18 years of age have their accounts banned/deleted. They can re-register WHEN they are 18.

I'm not sure if the shroomery membership is getting younger, or all the long-time members are just getting older :grin:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: trendal]
    #3345971 - 11/11/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Also, I have wondered about this to a small degree.

I have wondered if the Shroomery may be liable since I don't believe there is any age check for just viewing the site.

Maybe there should be a "Log in for existing member" or "I agree I am 18. --> click enter" or "I am not 18 --> click leave." just to even view the shroomery content?

I realize that would limit people from linking to our great content here, but then again it might be a good idea, eliminating any chance of the law coming down on this great community.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3345979 - 11/11/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I'm not sure if the shroomery membership is getting younger, or all the long-time members are just getting older :grin:

I'm not a long time member, but I am 20 years old....

Kids in high school seem sooo young now when I see them/talk to them, its really odd.  I think psychedelics really mature you mentally...in most cases :wink:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: Silven]
    #3345990 - 11/11/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well none of the information we present on this site is "illegal". There are no laws about giving the information to people under 18, and I think it is IMPORTANT to get the information we have out to kids who are looking to try mushrooms or other drugs for the first time. Education is key, as always. However by limiting posting to those over 18, we should be able to do away with any legal issues by limiting those under 18 from really being a part of the community here.

At least, I hope so :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3346071 - 11/11/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i agree, i do see alot of young people on here, but they usually get picked out fairly quick or loose interest and quit coming, so i think in the end it will only be the truly dedicated people still around beside the few that stroll in to look around and also it is good for the younger kids to learn about this stuff, if i would have found out about it a long time ago i wouldn't have had so many bad experiences while abusing mushrooms. the shroomery has mad it possible for me to actually learn about the fungus and respect it other than just look at it as a drug.

Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: KyKid]
    #3346144 - 11/11/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I would like to add a little tid bitt.In a artickle in the usa today.A son of a CEO of a acoul distributer had his son order wine over the internet as a so called experiment.And it of course was shipped,we all no the real reason he did this was not to make a point about minors obtaining drink over the net but of his own buisness intrest of course. But this shows how far assholes that would like to putt good things legal or not at an alert.Because they do not believe in peoples rights(that in ? in the community should be a persons write knowing here in the USA are unlawfull.(some of the things in topic in the comminty here.)Never the less this would just be another way someone could putt things at risk such as vendors and,the Shroomery.................................

--------------------
Why did I eat to many,now I have falling and I cant get up.For now I have seen both heaven and,hell.Come with me and,eat flesh of the gods.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
    #3346170 - 11/11/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It really is weird......that im just 18 and graduated HS last year. when i talk or see anyone still in high school, they seem so immature.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: druqks46]
    #3346285 - 11/11/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Granted there are some people that are more mature than others in highschool.

I actually hang out with one kid who's 17, but he's so intelligent and mature it literally leaves me dumbfounded.  Then again he's in a band with (2) 22 year olds and a 21 year old I went to school with.

Really cool kid, but most of his friends from highschool annoy me to no end when they come over to watch the band play.  One girl even left because we smoked a joint. :lol:  She kept saying that we were dumb for smoking drugs and that her parents would kill her if they found out she was around MARIJUANA.

Anyway, I guess I do see your point about allowing the information to be available to everyone.  I should have thought of that before even posting my previous post, as that's Erowid's motto as well.

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
    #3346596 - 11/11/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, What about the 16/17 age group who post on here? Some of them seem to have a mature aspect towards drugs and seem to be quite knowledged. I agree that a 18+ policy should be upheld at all times, but i think exceptions should be made to the 16+ variety who seem to have a good aspect towards the other people who post here and drugs.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

Offlineblackroselove
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: WYO Flag
    #3346701 - 11/11/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

As long as the shroomery has something saying that you have to be 18 , it is my understanding(from when I ran a site) that they really can't get in to alot of trouble, because they had no way of knowing. Because it's not all that hard for a 15-16 year old to click on"yes I am 18" rater then"no Iam not 18"

Blackie:flaming:

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3346702 - 11/11/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Underage posters! Where?

damb kids, with they'r music

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3346954 - 11/11/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

im 19, so im probably siding with the under 18 people. but dont kids have a right to learn? drug education in teh schools is a fuckign joke. where else can they go to find stuff out? its liek taking their english book away and expecting them to be able to spell perfect.

bizaar how drug discussions and naked peopel are looked down upon and yet killing is fun for the whole family.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleChairman Meow
Concern Pork
 User Gallery

#3346973 - 11/11/04 02:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

trendal, yer so smart! :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3346993 - 11/11/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, I seem to remember there used to be a lot more underage posters here than there are now. Most people I've met from the Shroomery have been at least 18, and usually 20 or older.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: druqks46]
    #3347069 - 11/11/04 02:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

druqks46 said:
It really is weird......that im just 18 and graduated HS last year. when i talk or see anyone still in high school, they seem so immature.

Same here.

The current shroomery age policy seems to work just fine. Anyone under 18 can still access the information they need, but cant legally post, although they probably do. Since theres a disclaimer stating that if theyre under 18 they cannot register, the shroomery cant be held accountable. Seems fine to me

Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Age and, the Shroomery?please any all res.w. comments.. [Re: Pathos]
    #3363125 - 11/15/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Come on people,we got some good replys here. Would like to here more comments on this topic,what people think here in the shroom community...............

--------------------
Why did I eat to many,now I have falling and I cant get up.For now I have seen both heaven and,hell.Come with me and,eat flesh of the gods.

InvisibleA3eyedfish
mycophile
 User Gallery

Loc: Wut some people Call Par...
    #3365028 - 11/15/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

too many youngins'

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag