Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Is this a contam or pre-pins?
    #3333718 -

OK so I dunk/rolled my first cake...nice bright white myc immidiatly grew into the new layer of verm and ive been waiting about 5 days for it to start pinning. Im sure you guys have seen when the myc spikes out like it wants to pin right? Well today, when looking for pins, I noticed alot of these myc spikes had black tips or maybe dark blue (bruising?), like they were the beggining of aborts...What are these? Whatever they are, theyre making me nervous!! HELP me in time so I can go get the tweezers and pull off these lttle blackheads before they breakout even more!

Sorry I have no camera until wednesday when I will for sure post macro shots. But until then, someone let me know what this is before I go mad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? *DELETED* [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3333845 -

Post deleted by psychedelicatessen

Reason for deletion: just a bump post.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3334312 -

cmon, need replys guys!! I have a casing waiting to get put into my pmp but I dont want to if this cake has contams!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3334348 -

Well, take one off and if it's kind of slimy, it's an abort, if it's not then it's either bruising or some pin-killin-contam. or something, but what urks me is, how the hell do you bruise pins or anything w/o it getting some form of contact?....o yeah and is it only on the top of the pins, or is it on the whole pin or is it on the pin and then some? all that could probably help you tell what is it as well.gl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3334360 -

come back in a few days then ask could just be a pin who knows leave it be i doubt its contamn bring pictures back wednesday and someone will tell you right off

-mike


--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3334368 -


Well, pins should have a redish colour to them and they will grow quite fast once you see it... ie within a day or less you should be able to tell they are mushies.

I'm new but my aborts do not really seem to be black or even dark blue. I think black would be bad. My aborts also seem to look like normal baby mushies (ie redish pins first) and then stop growing and turn blueish.

Hopefully you can get another response, but black is not good.

Good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3334518 -

Ignostic, there are no pins yet...just spikes of myc. This is my first grow so I dont quite know the pinning phase.

Im thinkin maybe it was from the misting...I know your not supposed to hit the cake but I accidently did because my pmp is so small (only fits 2 cakes)...If this is so, it would make sense because these myc spikes are the most sensitive part of the cake, and if mist or water were to land on a spike, the spike wouldnt have much myc to back itself up. You see? maybe a drop of water BIGGER then the size of the tip of the myc spike landed and drowned the myc..that being the reason for the blacking only on the tips????
I dunno, Im having a hard time trying to explain myself. This is completly a newbie assumtion. I truly dont know shit about contams.

Also, I looked on the contam FAQ page with all the pics....there is a VERY SIMILAR, if not, SAME, contam listed...says its very common with grains...but im growing BRFcakes :undecided: also says its a very fast spreading contam so I guess I'll see in the next few days!

Thanks guys.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: psychedelicatessen]
    #3334532 -

Spikes of mycellium are not a bad thing. It usually means its super high humidity which is ok for cakes. Some cakes will blue up with mycellium and still fruit fine.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-45/976932283-34895-sa.jpg

check out the blueness of that bot left cake.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this a contam or pre-pins? [Re: baraka]
    #3334560 -

thnx baraka..that made me feel alot better. I know my humidity is high because it displays "-- --" on my therm which, im assuming means it cant display numbers past 99%. Plus my pmp is small. I definatly have really high humidity. Thnx.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pre-pinning? *pic* merlink 7,470 5 08/23/03 09:34 AM
by soochi
* Spawn RUN? and pre pinning. kzlazy 1,531 2 08/16/02 05:11 AM
by kzlazy
* Contams or pins? Architeuthis 1,290 5 04/17/03 08:04 AM
by Architeuthis
* fanning pre-pinning disturbed 2,191 8 12/08/02 10:55 AM
by Anno
* half contam / half pinning weazel 393 1 05/04/03 01:13 PM
by Suntzu
* help with a pre-pinning casing? jakeholman 1,155 4 04/30/03 10:25 PM
by jakeholman
* post casing/pre pinning sciencediet 1,509 7 01/12/03 02:39 PM
by sciencediet
* What are these...pre-pins? Aeolus1369 1,901 3 07/24/02 08:37 AM
by LaCasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,424 topic views. 13 members, 44 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.