Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
please help me , my wireless router is fucked up
    #3330746 - 11/07/04 08:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

okay heres the situation, i just moved into my new appartment, and the previous roommate didnt pay the cable bill so the internet got turned off, before that d's and the old roomate's wireless connections were working just fine.
as of now im borrowing one of the 3 other wireless connections in the area.

anyhow, we got the internet back today, and one of my roomates (m) who is wired in with a cat 5 cable can acess the internet fine. my wireless card will pick up our local netowrk just fine with a very strong signal, but i cannot acess the internet through it. and my other roomate (d) with a wirless card on his laptop has the same problem as me.

any ideas on why this is happeneng? were running on a wireless g 2.4 ghz and we can acess the internet through everyone elses un-encrypted networks

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTherapy
Question Mark

Loc: Ontario
Re: please help me , my wireless router is fucked up [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3332769 - 11/08/04 11:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Could be a number of things.

1. Make sure the wireless nic is being associated to your new router/access point.
2. Make sure you obtain an internal ip address (eg. 192.168.X.XXX)
3. Make sure encryption settings are off or all computers are configured with the correct key.
4. Make sure that the mac wireless filter isn't on.
5. Make sure microwaves or cordless phones aren't affecting the performance of the router.

If all else fails, reboot all computers, highspeed modem and the router and configure the router first, then turning on the computers one at a time to make sure everything's working.

Cheers

--------------------
The Haves have not a fucking clue!
-Vedder, PJ

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: please help me , my wireless router is fucked up [Re: ZippoZ]
    #3348440 - 11/11/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Sounds like your WEP (wireless encryption protocol?).

Go to win xp wireless options and make sure you specify the preferred network as well as the WEP in options. Then go to accessories and "dos prompt", then type "/ipconfig renew_all".

Also try unplugging everything, then plug in the modem, then the wirless router...finally turn your computers on.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology