Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Need advice on being ripped off from a web-based business
    #3327872 - 11/06/04 04:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I ordered a hard drive from a small, one-maned company on the internet. I needed it so I could beging recording music, either my own, or as a mini-recording studio for other people. To make a long story short, I never received the hard drive, even though I paid the money by check.

I'm very broke, and it's only about $200, so I can't really fight this thing through lawyers or anything. I've filed a complaint with the FTC (Better Business Bureau referred me to them). Other than that, I have no idea how to get my money back. This guy really screwed me over, so I want to make sure he doesn't get away with it. I'd also LOVE to get my money back, but I can't even reach the guy (his website, e-mail address, and voice mail are still up, but he never answers/responseds).

I was referred to him by a friend of mine who has done business with him, so I know he used to be legit, but it seems like this asshole is now ripping people off (he owes my friend a hard drive). I need advice on how to handle this, and any ideas would be apperiated.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNuperSova
Stranger
Re: Need advice on being ripped off from a web-based business [Re: Twirling]
    #3328209 - 11/06/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't really know what recourse you have legally. I'd try calling the police local to where he lives. Did you use a credit card or a check to pay him. If so, then that's somewhat proof that you did actually pay him. If none of that works then you just may have to bite this one, but you can call his web service and sometimes they'll kick him off...though he could just use another service elsewhere...I don't really know...

Chryssi

--------------------
I Refuse To Say I'm Lost Just Because I Don't Know Where I Am

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Need advice on being ripped off from a web-based business [Re: Twirling]
    #3328919 - 11/06/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Call your bank and dispute the check. Tell them to to an investigation and recind the payment.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being