Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I can't seem to settle down.
    #3304016 -

For the past dozen or so years i've bounced from state to state(i have chronic grass is always greener syndrome)and always seem to burn out on a place before i give it sufficent time to make things happen.I've been from coast to coast a places in between and i'm still drifting.I'm now in florida and pretty much hate it,another mistake.I'm tired of the nomadic life,and there must be some sort of disfunction going on internally that makes me want to wander.I'm not a kid anymore,i mean it was fun as a teen but i'm in my 30's now and my friends have all settled down.....all but me. :sad:anyone else like me out there?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: chieftenbeers]
    #3304094 -

When you move to a new city, what is your reasoning? Social life, jobs...etc...??


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: looner2]
    #3304270 -

Identify what it is that you are searching for in life...


--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: chieftenbeers]
    #3304311 -

I have a friend who just turned 50 last week. This guy has been a nomad his entire life. This man has been all over the North and South americas.

While at my house he told me he was tired. Just like you. He was worried about what he's going to do when he's very old and poor.

He came to the conclustion that he was happy as he was and if the day came he was that old, he would throw himself of a mountian. :smirk:

The thing about this man was the fact he is very calm. I mean his attitude and life are very peaceful and fullfilled. At least the is what I get from him. Mabey he's a ranting crazed lonley man inside. I doubt it.

The point is not everyone is cut from the same block of cheese. Mabey the pain your feeling isn't the fact your tired of the lifestlye. But mabey your really tired of the fight of accepting who you are.

It's not past the relm of possiablities that you belong backpacking the Alaska mountians until you die or go to some third world country and start a school. You may end up being a poor travler spreading joy everywhere you go thru your stories and laughter.


People must understand that what can make you great may not look good on TV

Understand??

I have always beleived that a man's greatest achievments can be only had by total aceptance of who he really is.

Stay true to yourself and try to find that place inside of you that makes you tick. Inside everyone of us is a bomb waiting to go off and fill you with joy. You find the fuse and light it. Even if it meant you were to live the life of a Bear.


--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3304359 -

Fucknuckle said:
Inside everyone of us is a bomb waiting to go off and fill you with joy. You find the fuse and light it. Even if it meant you were to live the life of a Bear.





:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup:


--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: chieftenbeers]
    #3304850 -

Ramble On,
And now's the time, the time is now
To sing my song.
I'm goin' 'round the world,
I got to find my girl, on my way.
I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Got no time to for spreadin' roots,
The time has come to be gone.
And tho' our health we drank a thousand times,
It's time to Ramble On.


It's a lifestyle.  Who cares what other people are doing?  Keep on Ramblin'.  I wish I could.  :heart:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: CherryBom]
    #3314741 -

Well i saw a bumper sticker once"all who wander are not lost"But that ain't me....I think i'm lost,lol.I wish i could start all over again,i'd do things much differently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I can't seem to settle down. [Re: chieftenbeers]
    #3316099 -

I am a lot younger than you but have bounced around quite a bit as well. One thing i have come to realize in my journeys from coast to coast and in other countries, is its always same shit, different place (you will probably agree with me here). The excitement of living in a new place with new people wears off after time. If you are running from problems they will always find you again.  What I was "seeking" was always right inside me all along.

I now found myself back at the place where I grew up, happy as a clam. I took up meditation a year ago and now do so twice a day. I run and found a job I am happy with, although I have yet to go back to college. I still have a few bumps to get over, I am far from perfect, but I am glad i came to terms with my self. Moving around was fun and all, but now its reality time.

Good luck with your journey,

:heart: :heart:


--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Will this settle with time? holyhodgepodge 778 8 01/04/08 12:22 AM
by Ginseng1
* Substance free lifestyles Holydiver 2,647 17 06/15/05 02:35 AM
by dalorean
* ramblings on food and weight loss. truekimbo2 974 13 01/02/23 07:06 PM
by loladoreen
* Taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle while being an opiate addict. MeltedPlastic 1,004 2 04/04/11 01:39 PM
by MeltedPlastic
* musings/ramblings from me MOTH 1,632 12 04/18/04 12:20 PM
by MOTH
* In depth discussion on diet and nutrition & healthy lifestyles owls 1,033 14 07/21/10 06:12 AM
by wellage
* Healthy lifestyle & eating RonaldFuckingPaul 1,448 14 04/07/08 07:44 PM
by LeftyBurnz
* So I wanted to start a healthier lifestyle... razmablues 574 2 11/04/07 07:28 PM
by PyroBurns

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
5,571 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.