Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMeltedPlastic
Stranger
Taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle while being an opiate addict.
    #14236125 - 04/04/11 01:23 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hello Everyone,

I've read the Thomas Guide and practically every other piece of information on google related to opiate addiction/detoxification/recovery, and while there is pretty comprehensive information pertaining to how to kick and stay clean, there is not really much about the effect of leading a healthy lifestyle leading up to the kick.

Here's some personal information. I've been an opiate addict for about three years now, with only two week breaks in-between daily usage, and only then about two times (so about a month sober cumulatively). My usage has gone up and down over the course of my addiction and I'm currently taking a 40mg a day which is usually pretty effective at getting me high/avoiding the detox. Mind you that my addiction has been at times much higher than that but I do have at least some self control. One thing I'm actually proud of is that I've never fucked anyone over for drugs and won't on general principal (I'm an addict, not a junkie).

Anyway, my question is this; if you start taking the steps to lead a healthy lifestyle while you're still an addict, will it help with detox and staying clean? I know that your body stops producing essential chemicals when you are substituting them with external sources but will exercise help your body to start producing endorphins if you are still taking opiates? Anecdotal evidence will be appreciated as well as anything published and credible.

My reason for asking is that I used to run six miles a day shortly before my addiction, so I know the positive effects of exercise first hand and am thinking that this might be what I need to finally drop this habit for good, but I don't want to become accustomed to leading a healthy lifestyle again and still need the junk. If this is the case, I may as well kick before I start that way I can avoid injuring myself by pushing too hard with my workouts.

One last thing to note is that I am aware that I can do damage to my body if I can't feel the effects of running, so I am going to be mindful about that.

P.S.

I used to lurk here about five years ago and it's nice to be back.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRODIpure

Re: Taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle while being an opiate addict. [Re: MeltedPlastic]
    #14236150 - 04/04/11 01:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think if you make working out and getting in shape a goal, you start to notice any drug and even most foods don't help at all.  It seems like the only time I don't work out is when I break out the vaporizer.

It's obviously different for everyone.

--------------------
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

"Sometimes it takes three blunts to get through to me.." -WK

OfflineMeltedPlastic
Stranger
Re: Taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle while being an opiate addict. [Re: RODIpure]
    #14236185 - 04/04/11 01:39 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Let me clarify my question.

Will exercise restart the natural processes in your body that shutdown if you are currently still abusing opiates?

I think that's the concise version of my babble fest above.

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder