Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShankster
Stranger
What the hell?
    #3308446 - 11/02/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone suggests drinking OJ with your shrooms. Why not apple juice? or grape? Is there something special about OJ, its kind of acidic to me, i dont know if my stomach would sit well with only dry mushrooms and OJ. Help me to understand this better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineErythroxylon
Stranger

Re: What the hell? [Re: Shankster]
    #3308481 - 11/02/04 09:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you can drink whatever you like with your shrooms. I personnaly drink them down with a beer (too much alcohol gives a too intense trip, I only drink 1 beer for the taste). A wild guess why OJ is recommendet is because of vitamine C, maybe they do something with the trip. I dont know. :smile:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: What the hell? [Re: Erythroxylon]
    #3308516 - 11/02/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but I'm not so sure it's anything more than just for taste...although OJ does contain lots of good vitamins (Niacinamide?) that can help your body AND your trip

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: What the hell? [Re: dblaney]
    #3308930 - 11/02/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This same topic was just posted a day or two ago, and explained pretty well. I drink orange juice when i trip, because it is my favorite drink. Drink whatever you like, i'm sure orange juice isn't going to make your trip noticably better.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: What the hell? [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3308932 - 11/02/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I like grape, cranberry, or grapefruit to mask the taste because they are all bitter.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
Re: What the hell? [Re: dblaney]
    #3308938 - 11/02/04 11:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think its cause OJ is just so damn good, that it puts people in a good mood. Even when I'm sober, a good glass of OJ will have me feeling like a million bucks.

Bear in mind vitamin C is very good for you, and I figure like other vitamins helps the efficiency of your brain and whatnot.

Some people say it makes them trip harder, some say it brings them down, some say it does nothing, I say it doesn't really matter what it does to other people, but what it does to you. We all have individual body chemistry and individual minds, so it's natural that it's going to affect everybody differently

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Re: What the hell? [Re: entiformatie]
    #3308961 - 11/02/04 11:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Also, how can you really tell if your trip is altered by OJ? It could totally be placebo and you wouldn't know it. Trips differ in the experience from dose to dose, and i think it'd be really hard to tell if you were slightly effected.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3309202 - 11/02/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, basically anything that your mind thinks increases your trip most likely does as it's based largely around your mind-set.

If you think that a glass of orange juice is helping your trip, it probably is.  If you think that throwing rocks through your neighbor's window is helping your trip, it probably is.. not that I would suggest this one, just proving a point. :wink:

- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineMrbadguy
Marquis de Sade

Loc: Enemy territory
Re: What the hell? [Re: Shankster]
    #3309961 - 11/02/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OJ example: ever brush your teeth than afterwards noticed OJ tastes like complete shit?

OJ example 2: OJ + vodka in about half parts tastes ok

There are two things to consider with the flavor or shrooms plus OJ. We've all learned in gradeschool flavor is really a combination of taste + scent (gustation + olfaction). My example with brushing your teeth shows the good range of taste in OJ. Most toothpaste contains "sodium lauryl sulfate" (sp?) which disrupts the surface of your taste cell's membranes, preventing anything from binding to sweetness receptors. You get a treat of only the OJ's bitterness and not its sweetness. Any taste in shrooms is diluted with OJ's bitterness, sweetness, and sourness (excluding salty and "umami").

Taste is a pathetic example of distaste from shrooms. The real problem is the scent ( + taste = flavor). Atleast half of alcohol's distaste (ex 2) is taste, whereas shrooms is about the scent. Unfortunately somewhere on our evolutionary tract, our impoverished sense of smell produced a nasty sensation to shrooms (for practical reasons - they are "toxic," in the hallucinogenic sense). Our olfactory receptors go down to the molecular level in responding to stimuli, so any exposure will continuously increase the sensation of the shroom scent, thus flavor. OJ's got a good enough scent to help, but in sensitive individuals it may not be sufficient.

Solution: Hold your nose shut, add OJ (or your preference) while eating shrooms, and down the hatch.

In addition to OJ's nutrition, everyone was right on its health benefit. It's not much the VC (I od on atleast 1000mg daily when I can :thumbup:, remember the governments DV of VC is just to prevent scurvy :thumbdown:), but the potassium. Not too many foods we introduce in our diet have a good supply of this. Hell, one serving of OJ's got only around 15%DV, and most daily vitamin pills I've seen add like 2%. The most important bodily use of potassium is desynchronization of nerve...well, the synapse of neurons in combination with sodium (which everyone gets plenty of). Most importantly OJ tastes good which is a virtue many health foods lack.

--------------------
...hypothetically speaking of course.

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Re: What the hell? [Re: Silven]
    #3310018 - 11/02/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silven said:
Actually, basically anything that your mind thinks increases your trip most likely does as it's based largely around your mind-set.

If you think that a glass of orange juice is helping your trip, it probably is.  If you think that throwing rocks through your neighbor's window is helping your trip, it probably is.. not that I would suggest this one, just proving a point.

- Silven

Nicely put  :wink:

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3310091 - 11/02/04 03:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OJ can be good because it provides quick energy ... so, I imagine your body likes it, and that's good for the trip

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract