Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

Re: What's the REAL low down on Vitamin C???
    #98930 - 01/11/00 01:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I too have heard this 'underground' secret...but I don't put much credence in it personally. I do know that eating oranges is always good when you're tripping; they have a wonderful maze of myriadical flavors, scents and textures. But I don't really see how Citric Acid (Vitamin C) could have an effect. My thoughts are that it might be pychosomatic, though that is only my first impression. Vitamin C does have neurological effects, though I personally can't find any correlation with the neurotransmitter interaction. I suggest you perform a double-bind experiment; have a film canister of vitamin-c and one of sugarpills. Make it so that a friend is the only one that knows the difference. Then you could take one before you trip one time. And the other the next time. Record which trip was 'more visual' (if any) and you have your answer.

What I have to let you in on is that shrooms and lsd arn't like most drugs as they don't have the same effects for everyone. It was recognized early on that the drug effects which occured seemed to be based largley upon the state of mind of the subject's mind set (set, for short). Perhaps Vitamin C alters your mood slightly so that it is more likely to produce visual stimulus? This is one of the reason that MAOI's are so effective, at least in my opinion. They elevate your mood (they're antidepressants) and subsequently lead to a more relaxed trip. But because of the pychological links between the neurological behavior of ones mind while on these types of drugs, the 'ritual' of taking vitamin C (while it may have no outright physiological effect) might be nessicary for you.

Ish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: What's the REAL low down on Vitamin C??? [Re: Ishmael]
    #98932 - 01/11/00 01:24 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Vitimin C is an anti oxidant.. and it "makes you happy".. one of the dangers of MDMA is oxidation due to the breakdown of serotonin by monamine-oxidase (spelling im sure is fuckedup).. anyway.. take some vitimin C and B complex before you trip.. it wont necessarily give you a better trip, but you will be "safer"
good luck

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

#98934 - 01/12/00 06:49 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, thanks for the info there Ishmael, and especially Dino-myc. That spot about the oxidation prevented in MDMA use is a great tip, prob explains why I never have that dreaded "dead" feeling all my cohorts have the next day, that don't take the pills. Interesting how I never noticed such cause/effect before, but then again that really is the nature of the beast. New question, on the topic of MAOI's; got any favorites? I've heard a lot about Harmaline, and was wondering where I could get some.

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#98935 - 01/12/00 11:59 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

MAOI?

Syrian Rue is easy to get ahold of; cheap; easy and legal to grow and produces a nice mind set during the trip. If you're not experienced with MAOI ingestion, I suggest, no, I command that you go to the "how to dose" section and read up. They are dangerous if used improperly. An added bonus, Oranges are one of the few things one can eat while doubling-down on MAOIs and Mushrooms.

Ish

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#98936 - 01/12/00 12:01 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

MAOI?

Syrian Rue is easy to get ahold of; cheap; easy and legal to grow and produces a nice mind set during the trip. If you're not experienced with MAOI ingestion, I suggest, no, I command that you go to the "how to dose" section and read up. They are dangerous if used improperly. An added bonus, Oranges are one of the few things one can eat while doubling-down on MAOIs and Mushrooms.

Ish

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #98937 - 01/12/00 12:57 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

harmine and harmaline can be purchased from various suppliers for about $70/gram (HCl salts or freebase...) but $70 dollars worth of seeds, vinegar & salt could yield about 35 grams of yellow crystals... kitchen labwork & no toxic solvents... and a working dose of harmine/harmaline HCl is like 200 mg or so...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#98938 - 01/16/00 12:33 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

The reason why vitamin c was passed around to acid-dosers is because vitamin c feeds the adrenal glands, they pump out adrenaline and the resulting cortisol, etc. If not working properly, one becomes more paranoid. This is why in the book/movie "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", dr. gonzo and attorney stock up on grapefruit, quoting Thompson: "We need all the vitamin c we can get". I once had a conversation with a psychiatrist who said a daily weed smoker and patient, 7-8 joints a day, was extremely paranoid. Because 500 grams of vit. c is burned when one smokes a joint, he was most likely very deprived of the vitamin. As for the visuals, vitamin c is an antioxidant and strengthens the capillaries, tiny blood vessels, around the eyes, giving them better circulation. So either the drug would reach them more effectively, or because they are in better condition the visuals are heightened.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag