Listen to this lady singer and tell me if you think she is good. I think she is fantastic but I don't have a great ear and I want to hear what other people think. Click on the mp3s and ignore the interviews. Just listen to 1 or 2 of the songs. 'Across the universe' is good, as is 'stop', 'history repeating' and 'glory box'. Thanks heaps! (please ignore the very tacky website)
http://chanelcole.cjb.net/
She was on Australian idol and was just voted off at number 5. Here is what Rolling Stone said about her:
More Katie Noonan than Paulini Curuenavuli, Australian Idol finalist Chanel Cole looks destinied for a music career beyond the fleeting popstar curcuit. The 26-year-old Fletchers Fotographics employee who rates Radiohead as her musical heroes shined as the alternative Pop Idol, choosing left-field tunes to cover and imparting her individual style on the generic popster mould. Why then, did Cole choose Idol to make her mark? "Because I think there is a severe lack of articulate, brunette, size-12, flat-chested women on television," she claims. But the New-Zealand born, Bega-residing singer is far more than an Australian Idol novelty, a standing ovation from the hard-to-impress Ian Dickson in an early round highlighted Cole's immense talents. Then, impressive renditions of Portishead's "Glory Box" and Ella Fitzgerald's "When I Get High I Get Low" to propel Cole into the final 12, cemented her stature as one of the most original stars of the series yet. While Idol judge Mark Holden expressed concern that viewers may not "get" her style - which she describes as a cross between Moloko and Fiona Apple - expect to see more of Cole long after the series wraps."
-------------------- Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium
"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.
|