Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
the nature of life, the unverse, and hollographic jazz
    #3283792 - 10/27/04 12:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

alright there's been a few posts lately asking what exactly is meant by the idea of the hollographic universe, and what it means when we say that 'everything is an illusion' and some other cool stuff. This is going to be a quick summary/explanation of my own ideas and understanding on these subjects. Read it!

Frist off, what is a hologram? a hologram is a 3 dimensional image formed when two beams of light meet each other going in opposite directions.

Now, keep in mind, light is the carrier of all information. All things that appear in the perceptual world, all phenomenon, are literally defined as that which manifests in light.

So, what are the '2 beams' or rays of light, in the case of the universal hologram?

well, you know how some posts and thinkers here have wisely said 'the universe is a mirror of yourself?'

this is a step in the right direction. The first beam of light, or stream of information, is one that originates or projects from a place within us. Within our individual minds, is a vast capacity to create, shape and project information and experience. The world of dreams is an example of just how huge the resevoir of internal reality really is.

The second ray of light is an external one. I like to think of this stream of information as being basically GOD, but you could also just think of it as the external world, evertyhing without.

The image or reality, the description of reality, the PARTICULAR reality that any individual percieves, is created by the intersection of his individual light, with the universal external light.

This is why even though we all theoretically inhabit the same world, we each as individuals percieve a basically unique reality, even the way we percieve colour , distance and time are individual, not to mention ethics, morals, emotions etc...

so basically we are each living in our own unique reality, shaped by the way our own internal light mixes with the external universal one. Remember light is a source of information.

Now another interesting feature of the hologram (and yes im taking much of this from my own understanding of the article the hollographic universe) is that by changing the angle of the lights intersection, entirely new images can be produced, basically infinitely.

Keeping in mind my previous statements, the implications of that are enormous!

If the image is our reality, and the first light beam is our internal states, or thought, programming, training, conditioning, beliefs, assumptions etc, than think of what it means to say that changing the angle changes the image. Basically, if you can restructure the light beam on YOUR side, you can literally create an ENTIRELY NEW reality, an entirely new hologram to reside in.

It is not necessary to be able to change the other beam of light, the so called 'external' information, because a realignment of your own half of the deal is all that is needed to reform your reality in just about any way.

In my old thread "the lid is blown off" i talked about my idea that by changing ones CORE beliefs, assumptions, coding etc, we could change our EXTERNAL reality. This was a half truth. From an individual perspective, external reality is what we PERCIEVE as being outside of us, but the holographic model of reality shows that what we percieve as being outside of us is at least half dictated by our internal 'angle'.

So again, by readjusting the angle of our light, (which means to adjust our state of conciousness, our beliefs, or ideas about reality, or assembalage point etc etc etc) we can quite literally redefine our enire realities. by changing the way OUR light intersects with that other light, we form new holograms.

Do you see how this can explain so many phenomenon such as dreaming, drug hallucinations, OBE's, astral projection, dimensional shifting? these are all ways to readjust the angle of our light and form temporarily or permanently, new holograms to reside in and explore.

Better yet, we can do this in unalterd daily life. By changing our beliefs about ourselves, we can change our perceptions of ourselves. By changing the hindering beliefs, like 'i am weak' or 'i cant learn this' or 'i cant do sports' into non hindering beliefs 'i can learn this' 'i can become good at this' 'i can achieve this' we are effectively adjusting our side of the information and thus we can form a new hologram and effectively change our perceptual realities (and believe me , perceptual reality is as real as it will ever get as long as you are confined in the ego)

this all ties in with other posts and explorations in ideas like the EGO. the ego is our lens through which we shine our light. It is our definition of who we are and how we relate to the hologram. This too is transient and illusory, and changing the lens changes the light we project and THAT changes the hologram we percieve.

Change your lens, change your angel, change your hologram, change your reality.

Somehow we each know how to do this intriniscally, to some degree, as manifested in dreams, but by conciously understanding the mechanism by which these alterd or new holographic realities are created dramatically increases the extent to which we can control them.

We can change our 'normal' waking life holographic reality to almost any extent, leading to happier life, financial success, healthy body and relationships etc

AND

we can shift between different holograms entirely, exploring whole new worlds of experience, as in the case of astral projection, dimensional shifting, etc

Much love

shine on

PEACE and illumination

:tongue:

another angle/explanation attempt:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2982329/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Edited by Moonshoe (10/27/04 02:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: the nature of life, the unverse, and hollographic jazz [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3283853 - 10/27/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

that was an awesome read...

i have nothing to say today however, i am sorry :frown:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3284177 - 10/27/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well Done moonshoe!

I enjoyed that, the bit on the angles was neat too. You could say the reality out there doesn't change, but because of the new angle, you just see what has all been there in a new light.  Keep flying and sharing!

:thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3284435 - 10/27/04 03:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

THANK YOU, Moonshoe. This is the first time I've heard the whole concept related in such a logical manner that I could understand plainly. I think the part at the beginning analyzing WHAT a hologram is before getting into how the universe is a hologram really helped a lot.

Thanks again, man! Now I actually feel like I can go on and read other sources on this stuff without having to wonder what the fuck they're talking about! :laugh:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: the nature of life, the unverse, and hollographic jazz [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3284450 - 10/27/04 03:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

glad i could help man, but keep in mind this is just my interpretation of it. Once i started reading it though it just fit so well with so much other stuff id read and thought about, it really is an amazing paradigm to work with.

If you find any other good stuff on the subject send it my way!

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3284471 - 10/27/04 03:21 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Indeed, but it is simplified interpretations that I need to get my "foot in the door" for just about any abstract concept, really.

Whenever i started reading any of the "Universe is a hologram" concepts prior to this I always found myself going "..but how?" and I think having that refresher on what a hologram is right above the rest of it (so it's fresh in one's mind) really helps.

My only beef with the concept now is that actual holograms have no physical mass, while everything else does. Theoretically, if everything is a hologram, I should be able to put my hand right through my computer monitor.

Perhaps this complication is answered somewhere along the lines of the subject of different density levels, in which "density" means the density of light? who knows, that's just where my brain runs with it when I try to think on it...

Then there's the idea that the concept of the world being a hologram is more of an abstracted thought and that we're not literally talking about what we think of as beams of light.

Or perhaps what we interpret as beams of light is just a very light (no pun intended, heh) density of light, versus matter which is a much heavier density of light.

Somethin' like that? heh. :P

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3284563 - 10/27/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Light is wave frequency's. In fact, all things are frequency's varying in resonance vibrating in harmony within the Universe. An illusion? No, it does indeed exists. Do we have limited perception? Yes, of course. Our sensors only expirence a small percentage of these frequency's.

I'm not completely the effect of consciousness on this interacting field, I think that is merely an understanding of its nature and does not effect the mechanisms that operate. Whatever you choose to believe is your belief, the Universe does not care. I do not know the nature of the mechanisms behind it all, such as recycling energy (reincarnation), the purpose of achieving enlightenment (if there is even a purpose for it), "astral projection," etc... But I'm still exploring :smile:

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (10/27/04 03:52 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: the nature of life, the unverse, and hollographic jazz [Re: psyka]
    #3285470 - 10/27/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oh noes!? is a mirror image a hologram per say?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology