Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

question of tub in tub setup
    #3262566 - 10/21/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hey i'm about to begin a tub-in-tub terrarium setup during these winter months and have a question. i'm gonna be using a fishtank heater submerged under the water, and i'm kinda worried about the water. is it going to start growing algea or breed contams. over time?? do i need to worry about anything of the sort?? any recommendations on how to set it up good would be greatly appreciated. if its important, i'm gonna have a bunch of deep square aluminum pans containing the mushies with a the water going up 3/4 the way up the pans, thanks again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: question of tub in tub setup [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #3262611 - 10/21/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think you want the pans directly in the water. The water goes in the outside tub with the heater, and another tub sits in the one with the water. I've read other people add a capful of bleach every so often to the water so it doesn't contaminate. I just bought my fishtank heater today and I'll be setting up my double tubs this weekend for my casings.

OfflineInnernaut
MycologicalNetworkTechnician

Re: question of tub in tub setup [Re: DNKYD]
    #3262929 - 10/21/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, you definitely don't want to put the trays in the water... read magash's tub in a tub post to accurately construct it.

Secondly, an effective way to keep your tub ina tub water clean is to add an entire bottle of h2o2 to the water when contructing it... I am sure bleach would work as well...

--------------------

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
Re: question of tub in tub setup [Re: Innernaut]
    #3263004 - 10/21/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Follow Magash's tutorial on this, he knows his shit :
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...t=1#Post2921939

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

Re: question of tub in tub setup [Re: distortion]
    #3264175 - 10/22/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

okay i checked the magash tub in tub, but it was looking more like its both geared for jars and also looked a little overly intriquite for me. i take it from the previous responses that i tould need a large container with the water, and another one inside of it to hold the pans. i can work with that perfectly fine, but would i need to buy a giant glass aquarium to prevent the heater from burning a hole/melting a plastic container?? sorry for being a pain in the ass guys

--------------------
never let life get you down. when the world starts screwing with you, get back at it by pooping in a bird nest.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: question of tub in tub setup [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #3264748 - 10/22/04 12:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The heating element is not directly on the plastic and I have glass cups to keep the 2nd tub from setting to close.Tubs are same size.Mine's been running for 9 mo. now. Add a cap full of bleach about once a mo.

GL

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder