Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
My pitched battle with fungus gnats
    #3249450 - 10/12/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I tossed a couple of casings as they were on their 4th flush and either done or the gnats had gotten them. I had several adults flying around, and I'm sure plenty of larvae.
Anywhoo, so I cleared out my fruiting chamber, dunked the last casing in peroxide water for a day. Isolated it for another two days. Now it's back in the chamber (which has been cleared of gnats since there's no food) and I've put a hanging fly strip in there. It appears my casing is colonizing again. Frankly, I'm surprised at this. Just patched it. Hope to see some fruits. What a bonus! Okay. Hope this might help someone.

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRetardedChemist
journeyman
Re: My pitched battle with fungus gnats [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3250233 - 10/13/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ah I hate fungas gnats. They are all over my salvia divinorum plant and won't go away. I hope they don't fly over to my mushrooms only a couple rooms away. We need to unite and kill all the fungas gnats.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: My pitched battle with fungus gnats [Re: RetardedChemist]
    #3250304 - 10/13/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I agree.  I've heard Tansy works.  Or dried coffee grounds.  But these sort of seem like wives' tales.  Hmmm.  Just wish I could find that pixie that vacuums 'em all up like that other poster wuz talkin' 'bout. 

I HATE GNATS! :razz:  They're worse than rabbits for breeding, and not nearly so cute. 

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: My pitched battle with fungus gnats [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3253752 - 10/19/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

dried coffee probably wont do anything except mess with the ph of the soil, some outdoor plants like it, not good to add too much organic stuff to indoor soil, draws bugs and critters, anyway to kill the gnats you can use a fan to disturb the flight of the gnats, dropping the temp can slow them while you figure out how to poison them. diatomacious earth( hort. grade not pool grade) in your soil will kill them, it shreds them up. also if a few drops of dawn dish soap in water will scorch them, the degreasing action kills bugs in soil, test a small amount first, and i never use that on plants im going to eat or smoke, probably wouldnt hurt though. and neem oil will kill bugs in soil and on leaves and its supposed to be safe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix