Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
teen hairloss *DELETED*
    #3232056 - 10/08/04 06:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by JameZTheNewbie

Reason for deletion: embarrassing :laugh:

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
Re: teen hairloss [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #3232785 - 10/08/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry to hear you you're already having pre mature aging...

i think it has to do with your diet and your lifestyle?
Balding is often attributed to having the lack of nutrients causing hair loss and yes the polluted atmosphere too! Do you live in a busy city?

You can always wear a hat to cover your balding or have a bald head instead!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3232879 - 10/08/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, dude. Try some rogaine or something. A lot of hair loss is just normal daily hair loss that every one has. 90 percent of hair is always growing on your head and 10 percent is always dead and falling out. But I see that you can see your hair is receding so that's not good. Hmmm, yeah try some rogaine, make your diet better. this seems strange considering your dad has all his hair. Do some research on pre mature hair loss. I'll try and find some more solid solutions or things that will help, later.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: teen hairloss [Re: Locus]
    #3232998 - 10/08/04 12:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know how you feel dude, I'm only 23 and I already have a little v-shaped widow's peak thing going on.

here's my advice:

1. dont freak out. sometimes you lose a certain amount of hair and then the shit just stops. A lot of guys lose a little hair between the ages of 18-25 but dont turn out to be completely bald. You might just be coming into your mature, adult hairline.

2. Realize that no one pays 1/1000000000th as much attention to your appearance as you do. You style your hair right and no one will notice. As a matter of fact, a lot of girls find a certain amount of hair loss sexy. As long as you arent george costanza bald I mean. Remember: its not about how much hair you have, its about how good you look overall.

3. Look into your options. Rogaine only works for back of the head baldness. Propecia only works for front center baldness (ie- it wont help you with hair loss at the temples). Beyond that, you've got hair restoral surgery, which really isnt that expensive. They've gotten really good at it, and the price has gone down considerably. You wouldnt believe how many celebrities have had micrografts.

anyway, I hope this advice helped. Remember: there is no cosmetic affliction that modern medical science cant cure, as long as you have the money. So go to school, get a good job, and let the little, superficial shit work itself out!

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: teen hairloss [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3233062 - 10/08/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

All of the things you mentioned can cause you to lose your hair. You don't get your hair pattern from your father, it comes from your mothers side. Don't worry so much about it. It probably isn't as bad as you think.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: teen hairloss [Re: UncleMike]
    #3233099 - 10/08/04 12:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Hereditary hair loss is passed down just as much from the father's side of the family as the mother's side and could in some cases skip a generation."

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

#3234101 - 10/08/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i heard that a doctor can prescribe pills anyone hear about these. my doctor said they can regrow and stop hair loss. but there are side effects. what yuo think.

thanks for the kind words

--------------------
Mice have feelings

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3234543 - 10/08/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you'll look older, more mature, ladies dig that...and you may be able to buy some booze without being carded. its not all bad. i met a dude that when he was 18 was loosing hair in the front and back. it really wasn't that big of a deal at all. he got plenty of action, well, that's because he's gay but that's a diff story. just get some chill hats, shave bald, or just say fuck it its cool.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: teen hairloss [Re: TODAY]
    #3235235 - 10/09/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

im just gunna think my hair back like in stranger in a strange land. you grok?

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3235276 - 10/09/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

what kinda pills? if the benefits outweigh the side effects then try em out.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#3235825 - 10/09/04 05:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm pretty bald for 23 and I think the best idea would be for you to get over your conception that shaving your head makes you look like a fuckin retard, it doesn't.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3236208 - 10/09/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The genes for hairloss actually come from your mom's side of the family, not your dad's, so it doesn't make any difference if your dad is losing his hair or not.

Despite what some might say, I don't think your lifestyle has much of an effect on your hair. There are lots of people with terrible diets, and nasty drug habits who manage to keep all their hair. I'm afraid this is genetic.

I don't know how well Rogaine actually works, but if you want to spend a bunch of money just to keep your hair. Go for it.

Tons of people lose their hair, and most of them start to do so in their late teens/early twenties. That's life. You can live with it, or you can try to hide it. But frankly, a hairpiece or a combover makes you look like much more of a insecure loser than just keeping it out in the open.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: teen hairloss [Re: Phluck]
    #3236233 - 10/09/04 11:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, hair loss comes from both sides of the family. I was doing a lot of reading on it after taking a glimpse at this thread and I found numerous sources that state that. And lifestyle definitely effects hairloss as well. Stress, diet, and illnesses can certainly be factors.

--------------------

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3236237 - 10/09/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Don't worry about it. My friend is 19 and has been losing hair for a couple years. Soon he'll be bald. He just buzzes his hair to real short. Looks good.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: teen hairloss [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3236870 - 10/09/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well my hairs pretty thin. so i dont know know if its gunna be funky if i buzz it . i dont think bald people are retarted i think me as a blad person would be very retarted....and most agree with me. thats what my point is.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

#3236873 - 10/09/04 03:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

locus thats basicaly what ive read. thanks for the help.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #3236998 - 10/09/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JameZTheNewbie said:
im just gunna think my hair back like in stranger in a strange land. you grok?

heh! A Heinlein fan...Ya know Church of All Worlds is based on that book? a few other pagan cults too...

Anyhow, some females are attracted to baldness, some turned off-just like any traits we have. It's part of you so accept it and walk confidently. All ladies are attracted to a confident guy.

Wear a do-rag. Those are cooler than ball caps and, imo, caps make some guys go bald faster. Keep your scalp clean. Shampoo everyday but don't use strong shampoos. You just want to keep the follicles clean and open. and, yeah, Rogaine too.

May you always grok in fullness
:smile:

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Re: teen hairloss [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3237008 - 10/09/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

lol may u drink deep

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3237841 - 10/09/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Go bald and tattoo your head. Or get sub-dermal implants and screw spikes onto your head.

OfflineCornelius
Heinous Anus
Male User Gallery

Loc: T.O.
Re: teen hairloss [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3237976 - 10/10/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

can you post a picture of your scalp?...I remember when i was 18-19 I was freaking becasue I thought I was loosing my hair, but now when i look at pictures I realize it wasn't that bad, so it may not be as bad as you think. If it is, then there a lot of things you can do - but I honestly wouldn't waste a lot of money on Rogaine because it's expensive and you'll be doing it for years. I would just shave your head if you're that concerned - I really doubt you would look retarded unless you had an irregularily deformed skull, andnif you do....well....that's another story.... :tongue:

--------------------
Even as the nineteenth century had to come to terms with the notion of human decent from apes, we must now come to terms with the fact that those apes were stoned apes. Being stoned seems to have been our unique characteristic.

- Terence McKenna

1946 - 2000

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag