Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeanie
Loc: Arizona
setting up cool mist-yeah
    #323272 - 05/22/01 11:50 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ok so i finally got a holmes cool mist humidifier.:) In the MMGG it says to "Drill a 7/16 inch hole in the center of the exhaust lid for the humidifier. Insert a grommet. Apply a bead of silicon glue to the slit through which vapor normally exits. You want to plug this slit up. The only exit for vapor should be through a piece of vinyl tubing that will be placed inside this grommet"

This is a bit confusing to me because the exhaust or the humidifier housing is about is about 7 inches in diameter and I am working with a 7/16 inch tube!?!?

So this is what I did: I found a clean country crock butter container(just so happens to fit about perfectly) and taped the hell out of it covering the exhaust fan. Then I cut a small hole and inserted the tube and sealed it with silicon glue. Sound ok so far?

Well now I have 8 feet of this tubing... Do you really need 8 ft and 4 cokes bottles?

Can't you just run about 4 feet tubing straight into your terrarium?

I have it hooked up to a small container right now with a humd gauge to see how it works.

Any advice is appreciated. What works for you, what didn't...
Thanks

--------------------
FREE SPORE RING!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagnusra

Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: beanie]
    #323295 - 05/22/01 12:19 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You could just run it straight into your terrarium. Thats what a friend does with no more than 2 1/2 ft. of hose. He also runs it 24/7 but the problem he has is that he can't get the damn humidity lower than 98%. He is still experimenting with that.

* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process

--------------------
[red]* The above post is not meant to be the thoughts and/or opinions of the author. I am relaying information for an acquintance and only write in first-person to simplify the process[/red]

Offlinebeanie
Loc: Arizona
Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: magnusra]
    #323306 - 05/22/01 12:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

well after about 45 min hooked up to the small container it reads 85% so I guess that means it is working. Could your friend open the lid just slighty? I though of just running it 12 hours/ day?

--------------------
FREE SPORE RING!!!

Offlinepl151

Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: magnusra]
    #323307 - 05/22/01 12:35 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i used the 4 coke bottle method with the 8 ft and just used 2 feet for the connection between the bottles and 1 ft for the connection to the first bottle anf last bottle to the terr.. with keeping the u. s. humid. on for only 1 hr day and hr night on a timer i got constant humidity of 91. i think the 4 bottles help by allowing the humidty to be stalled and thats why i was ablt to get the lower humidity.

--------------------
the truth and reason for the above post has been diminished by its very beginning..holding no facts,, but squeezing every bit of fiction...

how 'bout a hug??...

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: pl151]
    #323437 - 05/22/01 02:54 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Are you guys in very humid places? My friend is in a very dry place, so the boost in humidity needs to be pretty big. He's considering a cool mist setup, but the coke bottles seem so awkward and make the whole project much less stealthy. Could he just make more exit holes in the box to keep humid air from accumulating as much?

"such a fine line between stupid and...clever."

--------------------

Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: uncarved_block]
    #323443 - 05/22/01 02:59 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Here's another thought. Could my friend pipe the cool mist into a sealed box (like a tupperware) and then have aquarium tubing (small guage) coming from that to a gang valve (the valves you use to split and regulate the output from an aquarium air pump). Then have a tube from the gang valve to the grow chamber which you could turn up or down to adjust flow as needed? Maybe open up another outlet on the valve to bleed off excess pressure, if needed?

--------------------

OfflinetheOtherOne
journeyman
Re: setting up cool mist-yeah [Re: beanie]
    #323564 - 05/22/01 05:05 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I found this when I searched for manifold...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=55548&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1

3Mshroom posted this a while back. It's a cool-mist hooked up to a bunch of vertical/horizontal PVC pipes that act as the coke bottles do in the setup that you guys are talking about.... if I remember correctly.

You really need the pictures from that post to get the idea...

--------------------
YippeeEEee! ,;:"?'??:?::;. i walked
?????;;:':;;':;;;.,,...along my spine,
??....,,:;;:':;;':;;;.,,..as the foregro
????;;:..,,.;;:und grew like a vine

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies