Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Tool
    #3224173 -

I figured this forum could use a thread about a good band for a change, so I figured I'd educate you all on the fact that Tool kicks ass. If you ever want a good album to trip to, go out and buy Lateralus. There's nothing like it. And unlike the mellow jam band that's constantly talked about in this forum, all the members of Tool are still alive and kicking, so you can see them in concert without any diminished experience. In fact, their concerts are better than any other band's concerts that I've been to, and honestly, I can't imagine any concert(yes, even the Dead) coming anywhere close to that level of ass-kicking. Here's some pics from Tool concerts that I googled:











Unfortunately, the images don't come anywhere close to giving you an idea of how awesome Tool concerts are. Go, dammit! I'll even make a deal: If 3 of you Deadheads who hasn't seen Tool before goes to one of their concerts, I'll try and make it to the next Dead concert(I'll even wear tie-dye).


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224215 -

Hell yeah! Tool is awesome  :rockon:


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224232 -

I love Tool, i was into Tool before i was into GD, i have a few bootlegged tool concerts, too bad in one of them the guy filming is talking about how good Linkin Park is and how they are gonna "rock this place tommorow night" wtf is a guy like that doing at something as great as a Tool concert?

I dont know if you can compare a Tool concert to a GD show, they are both awesome things, differnt things aswel.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: Locus]
    #3224235 -

Tool is the greatest. I've never been able to see them live though. Some day I plan to though. Hopefully during thier next tour after they release another album which will kick everythings ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3224246 -

Their next album is sceduled for release in December(which in the music industry means July), so they should start touring around the time they release that album.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224252 -

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing them this time around.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: Locus]
    #3224256 -

I've seen them once before, but next time I see them, I want to do it on mushrooms or acid.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224418 -

:heart: I love Tool  :heartpump: :inlove: :love:
F**king awesome band. I can't get enough of them and I'm def. going to a concert the first chance I get! :rockon:


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3224498 -

Tool kiks ass, Maynerd(sp) is one intense mo~ fo~.... I dunno~ if any of y'all have read the lyrics he writes, but they are very dark and twizted.... It kinda~ makes me have a "dirty feeling" after I read them, much like after looking thru an H.R. Giger artbook.... Very mood provoking....

Maynerd did a song with the DefTones called "Passenger".... Very very cool ass song, but if you listen to the lyrics, I think it is about gay sex in a car...! Crazy how they make it all sound good, and nobody would even notice if you didn't study the lyrics.... One of my past bands played that song, it was one of the only covers I know....!

ChoW~


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224583 -

The best show I've been lucky enough to experience by far was TOOL on their Lateralus tour. Danny Carey is the fucking man.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224615 -

Actually, I heard it wasn't going to be released until early 2005...just what I heard though.


--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.


:rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3224617 -

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
Tool is the greatest. I've never been able to see them live though. Some day I plan to though. Hopefully during thier next tour after they release another album which will kick everythings ass.



Me too.  Can't wait to go!! :crazy2:


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3224742 -

GimpyTomCat said:
Tool kiks ass, Maynerd(sp) is one intense mo~ fo~.... I dunno~ if any of y'all have read the lyrics he writes, but they are very dark and twizted.... It kinda~ makes me have a "dirty feeling" after I read them, much like after looking thru an H.R. Giger artbook.... Very mood provoking....



By "dark and twizted," do you mean stuff like this:

It took so long to remember just what happened.
I was so young and vestal then, you know it hurt me,
but I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive,
even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.
I've got my haaands bound, my heeead down,
my eyyyes closed, and my throat's wide open.
(Do unto others what has been done to you. 2x)
I'm treading water, I need to sleep a while.
My lamb and martyr, you look so precious.
Won't you, won't you come a bit closer,
close enough so, I can smell you.
I need you to feel this,
I can't stand to burn too long.
Released in this sodomy.
For one sweet moment I am whooooole.

(Do unto you now what has been done to me. 2x)
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.
Won't you, won't you come just a bit closer,
close enough so I can smell you.
I need you to feel this.
I need this to make me whole.
Release in this sodomy.
For (I am your witness that blood and flesh can be trusted 2x).
And only this one holy medium brings me piece of mind.

Got your haaands bound, your heeeead down,
and your eyyyes closed. You look so precious now.

I have found some kind of temporary sanity in this
shit blood and cum on my hands.
I've, come, round, full circle.

My lamb and martyr, this will be over soon.
(You look so precious. 4x)
You look so precious now.
You look so precious.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224753 -

tool is good
they have a good sound, and can play together well
but i dont like them too much
not my thang


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: notapillow]
    #3224779 -

i really like tools stuff musically, i'm just not a very big fan of maynard..especially not outside of lateralus... :shrug:

i wish they'd release an all instrumental album.
anyone know any side projects or something i should look into? :wink:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: lukeboots]
    #3224782 -

You're crazy, man. Maynard is the best rock singer. Ever.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224784 -

i don't mind his voice,
but i don't really care for what he has to say.. that's all


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: lukeboots]
    #3224798 -

Not into stuff about transcendance and ego death?


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224810 -

im not to wild about maynard either
some of his lyrics i dont like at all


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tool [Re: silversoul7]
    #3224832 -

i am, but i just can't say i am a fan of maynard's overall catalog of works. sorry!


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Maynard Discussion thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
flip3084 9,945 160 03/05/09 08:58 AM
by flip3084
* I just don't get why everyone likes Tool so much.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Knifey Mcstab 9,378 169 07/27/09 08:53 PM
by LicHmicrO
* MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN Says A PERFECT CIRCLE Is Still Alive
( 1 2 all )
Bridgeburner 2,851 28 09/25/10 06:30 PM
by andrewss
* TOOL tomorrow!
( 1 2 all )
habitat0789 1,971 22 06/08/07 10:13 AM
by habitat0789
* maynard j. k.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Cubie 5,017 71 10/10/08 05:44 PM
by Cubie
* Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) CaRnAgECaNdYS 2,861 17 04/19/05 12:00 PM
by Triplexiosis
* I can't believe the great Melt Banana was opening for lame ass Tool
( 1 2 3 4 all )
TheFakeSunRa 6,436 73 07/19/07 10:05 PM
by DIRTYMAN
* Tool - Third Eye
( 1 2 3 all )
Syle 2,875 46 08/13/07 10:46 PM
by Man in the Box

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,468 topic views. 3 members, 316 guests and 291 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.