Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated)
    #4067916 - 04/18/05 06:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a little late here, but I wasn't able to get online until now.
I have to say Happy birthday to the f**king man himself.

41 and still rocks ass!!! Hehe or whatever.

I love you Maynard.

I'm sure he won't read this but I have to express myself.

~Desiree~ :heart:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDoneKildatReason
Chemical in the body
Male

Loc: Green Country
Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4067941 - 04/18/05 07:32 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What? When is his birthday?

I never even thought about Maynard having a birthday.

Tool's music is more pleasing to my ear than any other band, 'cept maybe Radiohead or Floyd. I love how the music just picks you up, and carries your little human-self for a ride, then sets you back down again. Oh shit, that was lacking, better not start rambling about music and my appreciation there-of.
:crazy2:

--------------------
This was an experiment.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4067946 - 04/18/05 07:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #4067952 - 04/18/05 07:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

His birthday was yesterday.
3 days after mine!!! That alone excites me. :tongue:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4068002 - 04/18/05 08:43 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

happy birthday maynard!!!! shine on!

--------------------

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: In(di)go]
    #4068153 - 04/18/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Happy b'day Maynard! I had no idea he was 41.

Thanks, Des! :heart:

--------------------

Edited by nonoman (04/18/05 12:03 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: nonoman]
    #4068199 - 04/18/05 11:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yes it was!

:dancing:

--------------------

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
    #4068261 - 04/18/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, I just had a flash of brilliance (lol!) to check their site!

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#4068297 - 04/18/05 12:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hehehe yeah... i know it when that happens... i always tend to first pop some questions in the shroomery before i even think about searching the web for answers... when sometimes that proves to be a lot faster! hehehe

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4068448 - 04/18/05 01:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Interested in astrology?

Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle
April 17, 1964
Sun in Aries
Moon in Cancer
Mars in Aries

One of the most compelling artists in alternative rock for over a decade, Maynard James Keenan seems to struggle with recognition and is at the same time driven enough to front two of today?s most passionate rock bands. His complexities are expressed through eloquent lyrics, as spiritual as they are angry and wounded. His intense vocals combined with a tendency to hide from his audience have sparked many conversations and theories among fans. What astrological indicators can give us insight into the man?

Maynard is born under the influence of two cardinal signs, Aries and Cancer. These signs are open to change and desire to have an impact on other people and the environment. An Aries/Cancer will not sit back and brood over the injustices of the world, he will do something to affect change. Not that this is an easy combination of Sun and Moon sign. In fact, an Aries Sun and a Cancer Moon puts the individual at odds with himself in many ways. Visualize a blazing fire doused by a blast of water and the smoking and sputtering that ensues. This is the Aries/Cancer combination which accounts for Maynard?s struggle. An Aries has a strong need to create and express, while the Cancer inside wants to hide in his shell. The two share an innate urge to give birth and nurture which eventually overpowers any Cancer tendency to hold back. The Aries with Cancer Moon seeks healing through release. As Maynard put it in his own words:

?The whole idea is to get it out: Write the song about it, spout off about it, and get over it. The idea is if I can?t heal from my art, then how can you heal? So I?ve worked some things out and moved on.?
(from an interview with Kurt Loder, MTV.com)

A Cancer moon child, Maynard James Keenan is inherently emotional with a strong need for roots, affection and spirituality. A Cancer Moon?s blessing and curse is the ocean of feelings and undeniable intuition one must learn to live with. Cancer is sensitive to people, surroundings, and even the most subtle changes around him. This can create a very dark personality. With an Aries Sun, some of the moody qualities of Cancer are balanced with fire and light. Add to that Mars in its? natural home of Aries, and there?s an uncontainable energy to be expressed. Mars, the warrior, accounts for Maynard?s aggressive, passionate vocals and lyrics and also connects to his stint in the US Army before art school. An Aries/Cancer can lack confidence and will always wonder if he?s up for the challenge, be it the army or the live audience, but the drive of Mars in Aries will not be stopped by questionable self esteem.

?It was always artist. I always knew that I wanted to be creative that I wanted to create something. Even if I didn?t know what it was when I was a child??
(Maynard James Keenan in September 2000)

If Maynard had not become the rock star, his astrological profile is also one of the artist or actor. In fact, Maynard seems more comfortable incognito whether in drag at a Tool show in the late 90s or backlit as he performs with A Perfect Circle on their most recent tour. He also turned in a chilling performance as Charles Manson on an episode of Saturday Night Live. The cardinal sign combination of Aries and Cancer again accounts for this ability to take on the feelings, or even persona, of another character. In fact it may be harder for the Aries/Cancer to portray himself, and Maynard acknowledges that he doesn?t like to look at himself which partially accounts for his wearing of wigs and facing back to the audience among other disguises.

Maynard James Keenan is a creative and complex individual who will continue to impact us through music and quite possibly expand his audience through artistic endeavors and movie or theater roles. As he expresses creative impulses, that otherwise directed could destroy, Maynard?s intent is to affect positive change and emotional release that goes beyond himself.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #4068600 - 04/18/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

nonoman said:
Happy b'day Maynard! I had no idea he was 41.

Seriously, that's crazy.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: Adamist]
    #4068871 - 04/18/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

that was pretty interesting, man! even as desiree made this post i was thinking "interesting, maynard is an aries"... i wonder what time he was born, and exactly where... since that would provide us with the accendent (sp?) and give us even more insight...  :thumbup:

thanks for sharing, man!

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4068902 - 04/18/05 04:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Tool is my wife's and my favorite band. We've seen them live 3 times...it's almost a religious experience. :smile:

Although I have to say, all the astrology stuff doesn't seem very credible to me. It's the falacy of false positives. We only remember the good things. How many people would believe in Astrology if your horoscope read something like, "You are non-communicative. People strive to avoid being around you. You will have horrible luck today, tomorrow, and for the rest of the year. All those who love you will suffer misfortune as well."

Also, if you read other horoscopes/astrological profiles, you will see that many (if not all!) can be appied to you if you aren't aware wether or not it is your sign before you read it. A "blind" test, if you will.

Also, why is the date of birth more important than the moment of conception? I would think it would be the other way around.

ALSO...if astrology says we get the way we are due to the gravitational and positional influence of the stars...well...the nearest star to earth exerts less gravitational pull upon you than a PERSON STANDING NEXT TO YOU! :smile:

Just all issues I have with astrology...not that anyone cares lol.

Edited by myndreach (04/18/05 04:39 PM)

InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: myndreach]
    #4068967 - 04/18/05 04:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I bukkake on the face of astrology.

--------------------
This will not go undocumented.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: Adamist]
    #4070289 - 04/18/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Interested in astrology?

Maynard James Keenan of Tool and A Perfect Circle
April 17, 1964
Sun in Aries
Moon in Cancer
Mars in Aries

One of the most compelling artists in alternative rock for over a decade, Maynard James Keenan seems to struggle with recognition and is at the same time driven enough to front two of today?s most passionate rock bands. His complexities are expressed through eloquent lyrics, as spiritual as they are angry and wounded. His intense vocals combined with a tendency to hide from his audience have sparked many conversations and theories among fans. What astrological indicators can give us insight into the man?

Maynard is born under the influence of two cardinal signs, Aries and Cancer. These signs are open to change and desire to have an impact on other people and the environment. An Aries/Cancer will not sit back and brood over the injustices of the world, he will do something to affect change. Not that this is an easy combination of Sun and Moon sign. In fact, an Aries Sun and a Cancer Moon puts the individual at odds with himself in many ways. Visualize a blazing fire doused by a blast of water and the smoking and sputtering that ensues. This is the Aries/Cancer combination which accounts for Maynard?s struggle. An Aries has a strong need to create and express, while the Cancer inside wants to hide in his shell. The two share an innate urge to give birth and nurture which eventually overpowers any Cancer tendency to hold back. The Aries with Cancer Moon seeks healing through release. As Maynard put it in his own words:

?The whole idea is to get it out: Write the song about it, spout off about it, and get over it. The idea is if I can?t heal from my art, then how can you heal? So I?ve worked some things out and moved on.?
(from an interview with Kurt Loder, MTV.com)

A Cancer moon child, Maynard James Keenan is inherently emotional with a strong need for roots, affection and spirituality. A Cancer Moon?s blessing and curse is the ocean of feelings and undeniable intuition one must learn to live with. Cancer is sensitive to people, surroundings, and even the most subtle changes around him. This can create a very dark personality. With an Aries Sun, some of the moody qualities of Cancer are balanced with fire and light. Add to that Mars in its? natural home of Aries, and there?s an uncontainable energy to be expressed. Mars, the warrior, accounts for Maynard?s aggressive, passionate vocals and lyrics and also connects to his stint in the US Army before art school. An Aries/Cancer can lack confidence and will always wonder if he?s up for the challenge, be it the army or the live audience, but the drive of Mars in Aries will not be stopped by questionable self esteem.

?It was always artist. I always knew that I wanted to be creative that I wanted to create something. Even if I didn?t know what it was when I was a child??
(Maynard James Keenan in September 2000)

If Maynard had not become the rock star, his astrological profile is also one of the artist or actor. In fact, Maynard seems more comfortable incognito whether in drag at a Tool show in the late 90s or backlit as he performs with A Perfect Circle on their most recent tour. He also turned in a chilling performance as Charles Manson on an episode of Saturday Night Live. The cardinal sign combination of Aries and Cancer again accounts for this ability to take on the feelings, or even persona, of another character. In fact it may be harder for the Aries/Cancer to portray himself, and Maynard acknowledges that he doesn?t like to look at himself which partially accounts for his wearing of wigs and facing back to the audience among other disguises.

Maynard James Keenan is a creative and complex individual who will continue to impact us through music and quite possibly expand his audience through artistic endeavors and movie or theater roles. As he expresses creative impulses, that otherwise directed could destroy, Maynard?s intent is to affect positive change and emotional release that goes beyond himself.

Awesome info...thanks.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: myndreach]
    #4072461 - 04/19/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Horoscopes are generally crap... astrology does have validity however. That's just my own conclusion after years of studying it, more than most people can say.. :shrug: :smile:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #4072468 - 04/19/05 01:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
I bukkake on the face of astrology.

:lol:

That made me laugh terribly hard.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTriplexiosis
Lachrymologist
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Happy Birthday Maynard.(belated) [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4072475 - 04/19/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Maynard is 41, I can't believe it... always thought he's around 30 or so -.-''

I wish him a happy, happy birthday.

--------------------

"If there were no desire to heal, the damaged and broken met along this tedious path I've choosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now" Tool - Patient

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub