Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineWhiteRussian
The Silence islouder then youthink
Loc: In your head :P
Re: Mixomatosis [Re: ]
    #3220121 - 10/05/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Why value materialistic things?

What about the people who have no choise? who were born into poor families? was it their choise?

--------------------
aaaaaahhhhh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Mixomatosis [Re: ]
    #3220212 - 10/05/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you expect me to take your word for it.
Wrong again, friend. I expect nothing, I simply stated the fact that your swords are mass-produced garbage. The reason for my saying this is I was amused that you'd give them cheesy names and put them in a cheesy digital photo all with the intent (it seems to me) as putting them on some kind of holy pedestal. This is ironic as they are clunky poorly weighted sticks churned out of a factory.

If what you personally produce is not as beautiful these wooden swords then all your talk is empty.

The best I could most probably create would look like &#8220;garbage&#8221;
It's not about how they look, it's about how they're weighted. At least, that's what I think as I use them for training and not photographing (though hand-carved swords are always prettier than factory swords). Wooden swords are crappy for training because the weight's all wrong. First they're often made of lighter hardwoods (like oak). Make your own and you get to choose really nice words (ironwood for example). Also you can weight them as you want, by drilling and inserting little sticks of rebar in the hilt. This way you get all the benefits of training with a metal weapon without the hassle of people getting scared and the cost.

you see your digital contribution to this thread as a work of art while what I have shared is &#8220;garbage&#8221;, right?
No but yes. My jpeg is a parody of yours. Without getting into a debate on the nature of art I'll say that mine, through it's appropriateness, ironical expression and not as a demonstration of my technical prowess, is a fine work of art. Yours speaks for an aspect of yourself that lacks originality but has the coin for a decent imageing program and some meagre technical know-how. This qualifies it as a fine piece of art as well.

You are a beautifus human being.

Anonymous

To Moonshoe [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3220267 - 10/05/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

?however, you do need to tone down the ego/bragging a bit. I mean if you are making a point of giving advice, that is fine, but talking about how big your muscles are, how great your music is, etc, its just immature. Someone as powerfull and intelligent as you seem to be should be secure enough in himself to not have to seek praise by constantly bragging about his feats.?

MY RESPONSE:

I am not ?giving advice?. What I am doing here is testing these lessons of the Spirit in order to see if others can find obvious flaws in them that I cannot defend. THAT IS WHY I AM HERE and I believe I have stated this over and over.

Hey, if I do not prove that I have been working out for quite a while why should anyone believe me? Someone posted that the muscular shadow on the rock looked fake so I provided more evidence that I am not a fake. Those who are weakling wimps will most certainly take offense to the truth that I have been involved in bodybuilding and martial arts for over twenty-years. I am proud of what I have accomplished and what the Spirit has done for me. I share my proof of the benevolent presence of the Spirit in my life and you people call it bragging. You want proof that convinces you and all I am interested in is the proof that convinces me.

My music is now greater than it has ever been and you think I should not be proud of this fact? Of course I am proud of this fact and I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE!!!

YOU WROTE:

Also, avoid hypocrasy. In your orignal thread you said you had learned to look at all people in a positive light, and that if you couldnt think of someone in a benevolent way you wouldnt think of them at all. Later in that same thread you called someone a miserable loser.

The question is, do you live your ideas, or just come onto forums to post those ideas and then immediatly contradict them??

MY RESPONSE:

THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID!!!!!!! I said I was ((((REMINDED))). Now why in heaven and hell do you think I had to be reminded???? Because I remembered without needing to be reminded???? THINK MAN!!!!! The Spirit has to keep reminding me of these lessons because dealing with the doomed human race is extremely abrasive to any great spiritual lesson I may gain at my power spots. And these are to be considered general courses of action. There are indeed exceptions to these general lessons. It is not always the time to be sweet and nice.

I do what I feel is my best to apply the lessons of the Spirit in my life, but I often fail to live up to the standards I feel I should be living up to. Thus it becomes imperative that I view myself as equal to everyone and forgive and bless myself others even as I envision the Spirit forgiving and blessing me.

YOU WROTE:

?This forum is give and take. Share your ideas and respect those of others.?

MY RESPONSE:

Hey, if someone comes onto the thread I create and calls my beautiful wooden swords ?garbage? he is just asking for trouble and Trendal defends the person and thinks of it as fair. I have to be dishonest in how I feel about that person and act as though I never get angry. Let it suffice to say that Chinese Red Oak and solid Rosewood are not garbage woods and if anyone can carve wooden swords that look more beautiful than the ones I have presented I would most certainly like to see pictures of them. If what you produce looks like ?garbage? compared to my swords then you have no right to call my swords ?garbage?.

:mushroom2:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Mixomatosis [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3220278 - 10/05/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

one thing i dont get is why mix thinks those swords suck. They are probably just fine, they certainly look nice and probably work well for practicing.

That said Sid remains the most insanely egotistical person ive ever not met. I cant imagine what hes like in person and in the 3 threads of his i read i could probably put together a 2 page list of quotes that make him look like an egomaniacal freak.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Anonymous

To Mixomatosis [Re: ]
    #3220322 - 10/05/04 09:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Wrong again, friend. I expect nothing, I simply stated the fact that your swords are mass-produced garbage. The reason for my saying this is I was amused that you'd give them cheesy names and put them in a cheesy digital photo all with the intent (it seems to me) as putting them on some kind of holy pedestal. This is ironic as they are clunky poorly weighted sticks churned out of a factory."

MY RESPONSE:

If you cannot be more respectful in your posts you can expect no further response from me.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: To Mixomatosis [Re: ]
    #3220386 - 10/05/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

please read this, its in the S&P forum guidlines.  I know it has been pointed out before.

1)No Flaming
2)No Baiting
3)Be Respectful
4)Come with an open mind
5)This isn't OTD...keep posts on topic where possible. Off-topic posts will be removed at the mods' discretion.

you are found to be breaking one of these rules, provoking, insulting, or otherwise disrupting the general harmony and the people of this forum to the discretion of those involved and the moderators.. you will be subject to warning, either public or PM, second time may result in a temporary ban, and third may result in permanent ban, depending on the severity of the scenario. Just think before you post and all will be good

think before you post.  you devalue a lot of the ideas you have by coming off the way you do.  please edit your post. 

namely "Responding to you is a waste of myself. If you cannot be more respectful in your posts you can expect no further response from me. "

respect dude!  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

Re: To Mixomatosis [Re: kaiowas]
    #3220448 - 10/05/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

please read this, its in the S&P forum guidlines. I know it has been pointed out before.

1)No Flaming
2)No Baiting
3)Be Respectful
4)Come with an open mind
5)This isn't OTD...keep posts on topic where possible. Off-topic posts will be removed at the mods' discretion.

MY RESPONSE:

Mixomatosis has been breaking all these rules on this thread and has thrown it completely off topic and you don't warn him of anything? Well, I refuse to respond to him as long as he keeps breaking your rules and continues to bait and deliberately antagonize me.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3220462 - 10/05/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Not responding is the right thing to do, there :wink:

In fact, it is ALWAYS better to not respond to something if you can't do so without resorting to disrespect and/or flames.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

sid sid sid... [Re: ]
    #3222075 - 10/06/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm starting to understand why you live on an island...

--------------------

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: sid sid sid... [Re: ]
    #3222512 - 10/06/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

lol!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
    #3222653 - 10/06/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sidarthurr,

Humility man, humility!

I have no doubt that you are ripped, have more money than me, make better music and could kick my ass with a wooden sword. You've made it abundantly clear. Your dick is probably bigger too, right? The thing is, I really don't care and neither do most people on this forum (if I know them like I think I do).

If you lack humility, you lack everything. There is nothing to be proud of! 'You' have done nothing. 'I' have done nothing. There is no you or I, there is only it...nothing...everything...God...Tao...Brahma...one energy dancing the aweful dance of creation.

Pride is a symptom of dellusion.

Nonetheless, I wish you much happiness! Your fervor is commendable!

*Three prostrations*

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3222663 - 10/06/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Sid received a 2-day ban from the admin, so will not be around until thursday night at the earliest.

In the intrest of peace, I think this thread should be closed so Sid can attempt to start from a clean slate if he decides to return.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder