Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy
    #3220902 - 10/05/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I had a couple of rye quarts going.  I shook them to break up the myc so it'd colonize the "inner" parts of the jar.  Well, now, the fucking myc hasn't recovered.  One jar is looking super.  I shook it to try to evenly distribute the myc, but the grain/myc block wouldn't break up.  Another  jar that was looking fantabulous before I shook it has a nice blook of myc in it, then some weaker looking myc on the other portions of the grain.  The third quart is looking better, but, not as good as I expected.  Recently (the past few days) it's gotten a bit cooler around here.  Could the drop in temps cause this?  I had been using a submerged fishtank heater in a quart jar in the middle of a large pot covered with a towel.  Temps were fine until this recent cold spell.  Hmmmmm.  Just don't know what's going on. 
    Does this happen sometimes after shaking the jars?  The myc doesn't like to re-colonize the grain?  Should I just spawn the jars as is?  When rye is broken up to spawn to poo....it looks not so good as compared to when it was in the jar.  Please help experienced folks!  :blush:

Thanks very much! :grin:

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

Re: So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3220946 - 10/05/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

After you shake the jars the mycellium wont look as good as it did just give it a couple more days theyll look good again dont sweat it.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

InvisibleMykro_Guy
Myco Student
 User Gallery

#3220947 - 10/05/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

how long has it been since you shook them

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

#3220980 - 10/05/04 10:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

About 4 days. I've shaken jars before. The myc sort of blued after this one. It seems as though it really should have re-colonized faster than it has. I'm tempted to just case the things. But perhaps I'm looking at a contam problem. Hmmm. Just don't know. I suppose this is experience in action...always the best teacher. THanks!

GB

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3221002 - 10/05/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

patience is a virtue!

the cold spell has really messed with my temperatures as well, but my casings seem to WANT to pin right now.

just wait it out. i picked some midget cubensis from a cow pasture a few days ago and set them to fan dry. the mycelium actually started to grow from the base of the mushroom again.

these things are pretty strong and want to grow, sometimes they just need you to be patient.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinezoltar

#3221018 - 10/05/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oh its been 4 days already?? And the mycellium blued??? Correct me if im wrong but bluing is an the oxidation of psilocin and psilocin isnt produced until knots form. Atleast i was under the impresion that its not produced until knots for thats why mycellium dosent bruise when you break it up to case or use as spawn. Sorry didnt know it had been 4 days since you shook. I dont know what happend there man sorry. Anyway GL and let us know how it all turns out man.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy [Re: zoltar]
    #3221046 - 10/05/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm.  I'm _pretty_ shur it blued.  These jars have tyvek with holes a la Mr. Magash's rye tek.  Can myc bleu in the jars? 
    I'll just wait.  I suppose there's no hurry.  Jars can take a few extra days, y'know?  Is this right?  OKay, thanks all! :thumbup:

GB

--------------------

Offlinemycoguy
old hand

Loc: PNW
    #3221108 - 10/05/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

myc can definitely blue in the jars.

--------------------

(and no, that's not me in the avatar)
Yahoo! Pacific Northwest Mycology Group

Offlinezoltar

#3221119 - 10/05/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I think waiting it out is deffinetly the bestt thing you could do. Theres never any hurry when it comes to this hobby. If it did infact blue the only thing I could think of is that it some how started to fruit ealry in the jars mabey??? Not sure on that. as far as i know the mycellium isnt supposed to bruise till after knots form so I have no idea what mihgt of happend there. Hopefully some one more experienced will come along and tell me im wrong and that everything is ok for you.

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

Re: So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy [Re: zoltar]
    #3221154 - 10/05/04 11:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Nah, it's not even close to pinning/pre-pinning at this stage.  It's that  superficial myc clinging to the grain berries.  Imma put 'em back in the incubator and see what happens.  Thanks guys! :grin:

GB

--------------------

OfflineWhippersnapper
noobie
    #3221175 - 10/05/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i thought that you only shake for BRF not grains??? ::shrug::

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy [Re: Whippersnapper]
    #3221348 - 10/06/04 12:15 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Grains benefit more than anything from a good shaking.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: So I shook up my rye quarts, now my myc is shy [Re: Whippersnapper]
    #3221665 - 10/06/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Brf cant be shaken, its a cake. Grains are loose, therefore shakeable.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3222017 - 10/06/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Shake grains, dont shake BRF like everyone said.

Mycelium from the start contains psilocybin and psilocin (which by the way makes it, liquid cultures, ect illegal unlike spores which is the only part of the cycle not containing the actives) and can therefore bruise. It's a sign of dryness alot of times but shaking can do it for sure. Dry kernals also wont recoupe so well after a shake. Neither will wet ones for that matter. Or ones with bacterial infections. If it aint back after 4-7 days I'd be worried. Mine pretty much always return to full force 2-3 days after a shake.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract