Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Radiohead
    #3207641 -

So I was in the cd store yesterday looking for season 4 of Mr. Show. Turns out they didn't have it. So I picked up the new GreenDay cd and Rock Against Bush vol 1. So I'm buying this and I see Radiohead's cd Hail to the Thief. I've never heard Radiohead before. So I bought it.

Anyone else here listen to them? At first the cd was really weird and now I'm listening to it, it's cool. Except I dunno what the fuck they're singing about.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3207818 -

Radiohead is fuckin cool. They're different, and I like it.

A lot of people say they are the new age Pink Floyd. I can sort of agree, but there was already one Pink Floyd... so I'll jsut say they are the first Radiohead.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3207826 -

they've been one of my favorite bands since Kid A was released. I bought it and have been hooked ever since..

You should check out OK Computer (more brit-rock oriented, a real masterpiece) and Kid A, and then Amnesiac if you like Kid A.

they get very jazzy as they go.. I love them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: idiotek]
    #3208174 -

This cd keeps getting better

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3208517 -

Radioheaed rules...Street Spirit (fade out), Paranoid Andriod, and true love waits among my favorite songs of theirs. Unique harmonious music.


--------------------
"Im a dreamin man
yes thats my problem
I cant tell when im
not being real"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: MellowMood]
    #3208531 -

Radiohead fucking Rocks... next CD you need to get is Kid A.... then Amnesiac... but yea... keep listening to it. Especially on shrooms if you can. Fucking amazing shit.

I dont think theyre the new age Pink Floyd at all. Naw.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: plexus]
    #3210058 -

They don't jam out like Pink Floyd, you could say.  Their music is much more brief but they do have that soundscape aspect that the floyd made famous.  aside from both bands toying with electronics and being from england, and also being awesome, i'd say that's where the similarities end.  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3210241 -

radiohead is great man. thats a good cd too, but there's a lot of other good cds out there of theirs.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3215478 -

so basically what were saying is... get everything by them... theyre all good.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3215528 -

Just so happens today was the first time Ive listened to radiohead in about 4-5 years, really used to love there stuff. Especially kid a

was listenin to tha bends today

Btw, i listen to Jungle and drum and bass music 95% of the time hehe


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3215882 -

I'm listening to Kid A as we speak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3215997 -

I personally think they are way overrated.  They are considered the current generation's Pink Floyd?  Are you kidding me?  No, seriously.

They do make good music that isn't pop trash, but I've never got into them.

They're still overrated. :smile:

To each their own I should say.


McKennaDMT


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3216072 -

McKennaDMT ... Listen to Hail to the Theif from start to end without distractions on shrooms, and i think your mind'll be changed.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3216359 -

reccommend some songs guys and i'll give an oppinion. =)


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: plexus]
    #3216390 -

Is Hail to the Thief pretty good? It's the only album of theirs I haven't heard yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: PuZuZu]
    #3216398 -

2+2=5
Sit Down, Stand Up
Myxomatosis
Hoe to Disappear Completely
I will
Everything in its right place
I might be Wrong
Idioteque
Morning Bell
The National Anthem
Talk Show Host


:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Redstorm]
    #3216678 -

I like it a lot, you should definitely check it out man.


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Redstorm]
    #3216706 -

I think Hail to the Thief is definitely their strongest effort.
:thumbup: to bands that seem to get better with each album.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Gijith]
    #3216744 -

and :thumbup: to change with each album


--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe



~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Radiohead [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3216828 -

hail to the theif is actually my favorite.


it speaks to me.


--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Radiohead playlist
( 1 2 all )
JonnyOneNut 3,048 21 03/12/07 03:31 PM
by Cloud9
* New Radiohead DVD: "The Most Gigantic Lying Mouth of all Time" Jdawg2013 1,264 9 12/20/04 01:08 AM
by dpc2424
* Radiohead: Kid A, Amnesiac, Hail Thief, as a whole RedNucleus 982 8 04/05/05 09:10 PM
by Locus
* Radiohead adamj 961 7 07/21/04 06:23 AM
by mr_kite
* In Rainbows - Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
mentalIMAGE 3,461 35 09/22/08 05:09 PM
by x2and2makes5
* RadioHead?? *DELETED* slushie9090 1,297 17 02/14/04 07:44 PM
by MazzyStar
* Radiohead appreciation thread JCoke 991 8 03/22/05 04:47 PM
by Freeker
* Radiohead
( 1 2 all )
yousuck 4,404 30 07/14/05 04:34 AM
by Frappy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
2,480 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.