Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
New Law in Town
    #320277 - 05/18/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I am a new moderator here. This is not Off-Topic-Discussion. I intend to mantain a very strict NO FLAMING POLICY.

If any thread reaches a limit of three consecutive flames, the thread will be closed.

Any thread that I feel has reached it's productive limit due to flaming will be closed.
IAny Off-Topic threads--threads that do not directly involve the subject of Mushroom Cultivation--will be moved to the proper forum.

Any concerns, comments, or questions about this policy can be addressed here. If you believe that any thread is a potential problem or a flaming problem, please post a message here and explain the reason for your beliefs. They will be weighed through my objective eye and a decision will be made promptly. Thank you for your cooperation.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: New Law in Town [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #320281 - 05/18/01 04:27 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

youre the bad cop doobie :)

thou speakest arite
i am the merry wanderer of the night

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #320284 - 05/18/01 04:29 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Aw, gees, sheriff, me and the boys was just havin` some fun.

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #320301 - 05/18/01 04:51 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey lawdog, law just don't go around here, you hear!

--------------------

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

#320347 - 05/18/01 05:37 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

shouldnt this post be moved? is doesnt have anyting to do with cultivation?

haha jk

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: New Law in Town [Re: gaastra]
    #320351 - 05/18/01 05:43 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

i was thinkin the same thing :) but it is on topic. the announcement of a "mushroom cultivation" moderator
very much pertains to the mushroom cultivation forum :)
as i beleive it is an element to the order of discussion of mushroom cultivation.plus it would get prickly round here if i were to lock up senor_doobies thread :)

thou speakest arite
i am the merry wanderer of the night

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #320395 - 05/18/01 06:46 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: New Law in Town [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #320400 - 05/18/01 06:52 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

"hey officer krupkie, you gotta understaand.."

--------
"give me shoes so i can tapsy" --Ween~

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #320457 - 05/18/01 08:18 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

NuShroom, the elections are a popularity contest, so often its not the best suited for the job that get it.. We who have been here for a while have a good idea of who would make good moderators... I like this method much better in retrospect, I think you will see after a while that it is the smart way to go....

Senor_Doobie was a long time moderator for Off Topic, he's really what this forum needs, I know he shares my vision for moderating and I think he'll do an excellent job. I think it was wise to bring in some outsiders into this forum since there has been so much political shit going on here... He's got fresh perspective and balanced with our other moderators they should do a great job....

I feel confident in the selections, we have added a lot of great people to the moderating team.... Don't forget to check the suggestions forum for a shot at the few remaining positions available.

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

Re: New Law in Town [Re: Thor]
    #320509 - 05/18/01 09:35 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

yeah thor! laying the smack down!!!

Anonymous

Re: New Law in Town [Re: gaastra]
    #320520 - 05/18/01 09:50 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

It's the perfect idea to bring in somebody from the outside, somone who'se descisions won't be impaired by possible personal involvment.

Will there be any hangings?

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflineBullfrog
enthusiast

#320566 - 05/18/01 11:04 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Senor,
Welcome and Good luck to you. Looking foward to a new regime as we thank the departing one.
Your scrutiny will be appreciated. Your leniency will be pushed to the max, this we alll know.

Bullfrog

--------------------
The bus came by, and I got on.......
|| Grateful Dead ||

Offline12BLate
    #320581 - 05/18/01 11:21 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome aboard SR. Doobie.

Does this mean that instigating wanna be dictator McMan is no longer a power installed mod here?
what a waste of talant that guy is. Seems like he is more interested in power triping the spore vendors and playing dictator then helping a calm enviro here.

So sr. doobie, lets get to work. What is your favorite cubensis substrate and why?

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#320640 - 05/19/01 12:26 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Your concerns are understandable. I don't know the first thing about mushroom cultivation but I hope that you won't hold that against me. The advantage to having me moderate this forum is that I am unbiased. I don't need to know much about cultivation to spot a flame, and until I get my feet wet, I intend to only close threads that are flaming, and any thread that you start, NuShroomFarmer. :)

Kidding of course.

Heh, I like the Tombstone reference.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #320668 - 05/19/01 01:17 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #320686 - 05/19/01 03:03 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Actually NuShroom, there was a reason why I didn't post it in all forums.... I was looking for those members who look over the whole board, and might spend too much time here.... Thats why the suggestion forum was the perfrect spot, because I find peolple who check in there regularily are really into the improvement aspect of this place, they care to read new announcements, maybe want to post concerns, etc....

Basicly, it makes sense to post it only there..... Moderators have to care fot not only their forum, but this whole website, so those who check into the whole board are really the most suited people for the job.... Although of course there are exceptions, Nushroom you definately fit into that... I know you care a great deal about this place and you really only frequent the cultivation forums, and I can't blame you for that....

Anyways, I think we have some exciting changes ahead, and alot of good people have been given the oppertunity to help make this place a better home for all of us...

OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
Re: New Law in Town [Re: Thor]
    #320795 - 05/19/01 09:50 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, I would like to offer a possible amendment to this rule. I think it is excellent in intention, but very frequently, very viable and informative threads are thrown off topic...example, mcman's posting of plans for his new invention which he was not selling. The thread was hounded by those who sought to suppress such information simply because it came from mcman, that the thread was unable to make any productive use of the provided info.

Therefore, perhaps rather than simply locking a legitamate thread, that has been driven off topic by a few posters, or so called "trolls", even though I hate that word, the flaming posts are simply deleted, or are moved into the OTD forum instead, leaving the original thread intact.

See where Im coming from?

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: New Law in Town [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #320801 - 05/19/01 10:03 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The deletion of indifivual posts has always been frowned upon at this website. I think the reason is because it gives a moderator too much power over the forum. An example would be that if somebody had a problem with the way the board was being moderated, the moderator could delete that post and no one would be the wiser. I think that it is in the community's best interest not to delete posts and to keep the moderators limited in their powers. People seem to get antzy around moderator invoolvement in their posts. An example would be mjshroomer's anti-cursing policy of a year or two ago.

This kind of a change in policy is really up to the administrators.

I think that my policy will be sufficient. The three consecutive flame clause should discourage flaming. If a harsh criticism of another member is made, this will allow the attacked member to respond and then any further response will result in a closed thread. This may take some getting used to and some decent threads may be lost as a result but in the long run, I think this will work.

Of course this is open to debate and criticism.

--------------------

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: oOjonahOo]
    #320803 - 05/19/01 10:06 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
Re: New Law in Town [Re: McMan]
    #320805 - 05/19/01 10:08 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Why did you come back? Did you notice that your heir did not get the throne?

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom