Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblueloon
mushroommerchant
Do you get headaches the day after tripping?
    #3198504 - 09/30/04 02:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I ate a little over 4 dried grams and experienced a decent medium strength trip. felt fine while coming down and throughout the rest of the night. but when I got up the next morning, after a long and pleasant sleep, I had a pretty strong headache that continued well into the day. I read on this site that psilocybin may constrict small blood vessels in the heart:

"According to recent studies, indole alkaloids are agonists at the 5-HT receptor in the central nervous system. However, peripherally they induce a sympathomimetic stimulation that leads to tachycardia and hypertension. In the past, the use of 5-HT agonists in migraine headaches was linked to myocardial infarction due to coronary vasoconstriction. In addition, serotonin receptor agonists can cause platelet hyperaggregation and occlusion of small coronary arteries. Because psilocybin is also an agonist of 5-HT receptors, it is conclusive from these observations that the use of this drug can lead to cardiac toxicity."

--------------------
radiohead track resource: every officially released version of every song and where to find them

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Do you get headaches the day after tripping? [Re: blueloon]
    #3198632 - 09/30/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When I took around 5 grams I had a terrible, awful headache for 24 hours. So, yeah.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3198686 - 09/30/04 03:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Try drinking more water and not going to bed so late.

The headache is a thousand times more likely to be down to deyhydration and a late night than any half-baked "cardiac toxicity" conclusions from scientists who have never even studied psilocybin.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
    #3198819 - 09/30/04 04:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah count how many times you piss next time you trip that hard, A shit load. The headaches are from lack of water. It may taste like ass but the more water you drink during the trip the better you feel the next day. This also applies to alcohol comsumtion, and probably pretty much any other drug you can think of that dehydrates .

--------------------
Now go Home.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3198914 - 09/30/04 05:37 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting articles about psilocybin being used to treat headaches:

There are recurring discussions of the use of psychedelics, most often psilocybin and LSD, in the underground and personal treatment of migraines and cluster headaches. Cluster headaches (also called Suicide Headaches) are a specific variety of extreme, recurring headaches and are classified with migraines. A good overview of Cluster headache symptomology can be found at clusterheadache.com. Very briefly, Cluster headaches are cripplingly painful headaches which occur in clusters or periods where the sufferer experiences them at a high frequency, sometimes several per day, over the course of weeks or months, then a period of no headaches, then another cycle of pain.

Erowid has received several reports of migraine sufferers who have used low doses of LSD to treat migraines and chemicals structurally similar to LSD are commonly prescribed for migraine treatment, but more recently data has begun to accumulate that psilocybin may successfully reduce the incidence of cluster headaches for weeks or months and may also reduce the pain during an attack.

Ethan Russo wrote a comment, posted to the MAPS website in February 2000, which makes it clear that the recurring claims of relief from these disabling migrains should be scientifically investigated.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_medical1.shtml

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinehermanntrude
Stranger

#3199123 - 09/30/04 09:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the thing about constriction of blood vessels inside your brain doesnt mean it'd cause headaches. there are no sensory nerves inside your brain so if u get brain damage (from anything) then you wont feel the pain of the actual damage to the brain, just the pain from whatever hit your head.

Offlineblueloon
mushroommerchant
Re: Do you get headaches the day after tripping? [Re: Xlea321]
    #3199756 - 09/30/04 01:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for making sense of it. I can't believe I hadn't thought of dehydration before! in hindsight it makes a lot of sense. after we came down we went to this party and the only liquid around was beer and liquor  :sad:

--------------------
radiohead track resource: every officially released version of every song and where to find them

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3199993 - 09/30/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used to get headaches after trips but drinking more water cleared it up.

I try and trip earlier in the day too - staying awake until 3am seems to cause headaches for me too.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#3200359 - 09/30/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

we ate an 8th of very strong cubes in the moutains, and for some reason felt compelled to stay in the tent laying down for a couple hours of the trip. My sober buddy came back from a jog, came over to the tent, and explaimed "holy shit guys its gotta be over a hundred degrees in here, how can you stand it?!" we enthusiastically babbled back about the nature of reality, but he interrupted and insisted we drink water. my hand kept bending the glass, the water changed slowly from clear to yellow to purple, and it took me about an hour to drink each cup full, but I imagine that I would have gotten a horrible headache too if I hadn't. Water is super important, especially when you're on ANY drug, but especially a mild stimulant like psilocybin, which has diuretic properties.

--------------------

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
    #3200929 - 09/30/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, it happens to me too. When I drink lots, and lots, and lots of water it's fine.

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

Offlinedoop
MiSFiT
Loc: California
    #3201421 - 09/30/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've actually noticed I get NO headaches for quite sometime after I trip. I don't think it's the shrooms that is giving you the headaches, it's probably dehydration.

--------------------
LSD Fiend

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Do you get headaches the day after tripping? [Re: doop]
    #3201438 - 09/30/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

doop said:
I've actually noticed I get NO headaches for quite sometime after I trip. I don't think it's the shrooms that is giving you the headaches, it's probably dehydration.

Yeah, lots of people I know who fast before trips usually end up with a headache a day or too later. They're far too disheveled to get water the next day, that's another reason why I've never fasted to the max before shrooming.

I love not having headaches. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience