Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorganichunter
Stranger
I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores question..
    #3192469 - 09/28/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've been reading up about different teks, and it is wonderfull, I must say, to have such a wealth of knowledge available.

In terms of spore companies, I've gone through the vendor list and visited many of the company websites to try and get a feel for them.

I'd like to raise some discussion on spore companies...
1. Who have you used recently?
2. They have good, consistent products?
3. Any companies to stear clear of?
4. Any advantages/disadvantages with doing business with a US company versus International?

Finally, from a newbie cultivation standpoint, what strain of cubensis should I be looking at?

Keep up the great work guys....

oh

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores question.. [Re: organichunter]
    #3192515 - 09/28/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone on the vendor list is reliable. Any strain of cube should do well. Buy 2-4 strains to start off with then take prints and trade to collect em all.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores question.. [Re: organichunter]
    #3192911 - 09/28/04 06:55 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Finally, from a newbie cultivation standpoint, what strain of cubensis should I be looking at?

FAQ: http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23248

They're all very close to the same, and for a beginner whose less-than-perfect technique is likely to account for a huge variation in yield and potency, the tiny variations from one strain to another will be lost in the noise.

You'll get more mileage out of reading the FAQ and improving your technique than you will ever get out of choosing one strain over another.

:mushroom2: Good luck!

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: Diploid]
    #3193040 - 09/28/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

yeah they're all close to the same but i would reccommend a newbie steer clear of strains like penis envy and the thai strains as they ime are a little more fiddigity :stoned:

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: organichunter]
    #3193076 - 09/28/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah dude, just know which strains NOT to buy your first time around. Some of them can be a bitch to fruit, or have all sorts of other weird nuances about them.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: F0SS1L]
    #3193725 - 09/28/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if its still around anywhere, but earlier this year I bought some African from a vendor. Awful strain. Took forever to colonize, (and when it did it appeared 'weak') fruits were small, flushes were few. Maybe it just looked bad next to my south americans. Anyway, I assumed the strain was problematic when I no longer saw it on the vendor's page.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3194608 - 09/29/04 05:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There's nothing wrong with the Transkei South African:

Transkei

But imo the South American is the mac daddy of all strains:

South American

Of course TLG and most of the shroomery sponsors sell their spores for microscopy identification only so..........

OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: boxtop703]
    #3195260 - 09/29/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Q
1. Who have you used recently?
2. They have good, consistent products?
3. Any companies to stear clear of?
4. Any advantages/disadvantages with doing business with a US company versus International?

IMO
A
1. Sporeworks
2. VERY good consistant products, FAST shipping (I ordered with postal money order, had my syringes in 9 mailing days... there and back), and fairly dark syringes.
3. Just stick to the sponsor's forum as said. Sporeworks, TLG, Ralpsters and Spores 101 are highly praised on this site in my opinion.
4. Not much diff. dealing w/ US companies other than international. If you're living in the US I'd sugguest dealing w/ US becuase of the shipping aspect. Cheaper and faster if you ask me.

My first time I got Treasue Coast, worked out GREAT for me.. this time trying Puerto Ricans and PES Amazonians. I've heard B+ is a great strain for newbies.

Happy shrooming
Sammy

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: organichunter]
    #3195357 - 09/29/04 11:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Boxtop, I'm sure it wasn't Transkei. In fact it didn't even say south african, just african.
They used to be on ralphs site.

Offlineorganichunter
Stranger
Re: I've enjoyed all the reading! Great board! Spores questi [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3196717 - 09/29/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks so much for the input guys... This is the sign of a truley great board: when you don't get your ass chewed for being a newbie and posing your first question(s)...

Sammy that was a super comeback and thanks for answering all the questions I posed. I will stick with board vendors, as suggested.

Boxtop I appreciate your chiming in on the spores issue. I will take some time to look at the TLG site.

Diploid thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that section.

Keep it up and enjoy the microscopy identification!

oh

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#3196795 - 09/29/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

there is only one strain of cubes ever to be found in africa and that is the transki strain

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck