Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinezoltar
Hello I love youwont you tell meyour name?

question about knots........
    #3158598 - 09/21/04 01:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

when hyphal knots start to form is it ok that they turn color from white to a goldenish color? is this normal?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: question about knots........ [Re: zoltar]
    #3158628 - 09/21/04 01:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They're starting to form into pins... you should see it turn into a reddish-brown color soon. This, of course, is only the cap.

Is the whole knot turning yellow? Can you take a picture? It'll help out if you can. I don't have a camera myself, but the guys here can usually straighten things out with a few decent pictures.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#3158643 - 09/21/04 01:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sounds normal to me.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Offlinezoltar

Re: question about knots........ [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3158783 - 09/21/04 02:29 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

at first i thought it was turning yellow which was why i was going to post but then i looked closer and relized that it was turning more of an off-whitish golden color like the color of a stem mabey. i assumed that this was normal but theres that old saying you know. so i figured id come here and ask. i figured the nice people over here at the shroomery wouldnt mind awnsering a noobs questions and hopefully put my mind at ease. id take a pic but my digi-cam seems to have gone missing atm when i find it ill be sure to show you what i mean.

edit: heres the pic:

Edited by zoltar (09/21/04 07:40 AM)

Offlinezoltar

#3159026 - 09/21/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

bump added pics....

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3159029 - 09/21/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like you have some mushrooms on the way bro.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinezoltar

Re: question about knots........ [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3159035 - 09/21/04 07:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

well thats the best news ive gotten all day.

--------------------
We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
*note to any one reading my posts. any post pretaing to the cultivation of illegal psilocybe mushrooms are completely fictional. im a known pathological liar.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #3159069 - 09/21/04 08:52 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Did you use coir as casing?

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3159349 - 09/21/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Some strains have a tendency to do this. Cousin IT has seen it many times in PESA s . It also happens when using coir , and sometimes it could also be a massive quantitiy of nutes the myco is tapping into .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

#3159776 - 09/21/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Man, that looks pretty good. I'm just starting to see the same on my casing. Anticipation is torture, but they go from pin to full-grown mushroom so fast...

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3161358 - 09/21/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Looks good , only a few small steps away from overlay though . But does not look like nasties are trying to set in , so stop worrying about that coloration you noticed . Keep up the fresh air exchanges etc.... and get ready for some mushies .
Good Luck
May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !
Trip n D
PS What species are we looking at ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinezoltar

Re: question about knots........ [Re: Anno]
    #3163041 - 09/22/04 01:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yes it is. its a coir verm mix its about 75/25 coir to verm. why do you ask is there something wrong with it?? the strain is pf clasic FYI. id also like to thank you all for your help and for being patient with an annoying noob such as my self.

--------------------

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3163056 - 09/22/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

your casing looks fine
you will have pins shortly

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Offlinezoltar

Re: question about knots........ [Re: muse_sick]
    #3163077 - 09/22/04 01:44 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sorry if im being annoying i just tend to worry a little bit too much i guess. i just want to make sure that my little casing is healthy. god i only hope i worry about my kids this much when i have them.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation