Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
HUGE creativity boosts from psychedelics.. Anybody else...?
    #3152014 - 09/18/04 09:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

LSD:
I took LSD quite a few years ago, and it was very strong - that night I could play my guitar (improv) like a freaking madman, almost as if I was possesed....!  I remember looking up at my buddy at one point (he played bass with me regularly, and knows how I normally play) who sat there with his jaws open wide while my fingers were ripping my guitar a new arshole...!  (I normally cannot play fast nor complete a fast improv musical phrase before I fug up, or get lost when sober...)  I remember when I looked up at my buddy, I shook my head and said "It doesn't even feel like I am doing this, it is just doing it by itself, just flowing...!"  I wasn't even looking at the neck of my guitar, and it just kept going - for hours - for both of us....    Ironically, neither one of us could play any of the songs that we were quite familiar with, only improv.... 

The next day I thought - it must have been my imagination, and even though I was playing fast, it must have sounded like shyt and we just didn't notice because of the influence we were under....  Well, I record EVERYTHING....  So I checked out the recordings....  I was amazed to find that it all sounded pretty damn good, and there was a flow to it....!!!!  It sure the hell didn't sound like anything I would ever be able to play...!  We were both playing very well, and musically flowing TOGETHER in a state where neither one of us was really trying - nor really paying attention to what the other was playing, it all just happened....    It was so rewarding...!!!  It was absolutely absurd to me that I was able to do that, and wish that I could play like that ALL of the time...!!!  I have yet to try this again as LSD does not come around, and I don't have connections..... 
-----------------------------

ShrooomZ:
On a second note (pardon the pun) I have done shroomz quite a few times, and I have tried to play my guitar, but I really just don't feel like playing once the effects start....  It is frustrating in retrospect, but I just seem to get mentally distracted while I am playing, and there is no flow - it is like stop and go....  ie; Play an improv riff, stop and ponder an abstract thought, play another riff, stop and ponder an abstract thought, and so on....  I usually give up - promising to myself that I will return later to play, but I never seem to fullfill my promise....  It is frustrating to me, but shroomz seem to put me in a place to write very deep thoughts / lyrics (which I am not usually good at)....  This part has been VERY rewarding to me, but it is not how I would prefer to be creatively influenced in....  I guess it is all for a reason, but frustrating when I am in the mood to jam out, and that mood is lost to be a creative writer for a few hours...! 

Mescaline:
I tried to do the Mesc/San Pedro thing, but the thick bitter snot was just not something I could do....    :frown:    I was very eager to see what creative effects this would have on my playing, but I physically could not down it - gag reflex is just too strong (I have a hard time taking aspirin!)....  Goes in slimy green, quickly comes right back out slimy green, no effects (besides the gagging)....  ::::pout pout::::

I would LOVE to hear other creative influences of psychedelics on other peoples, mostly in the musical aspect, but not limited too....  I would also like input on other psychedelics that have given a creativity boost to musical improv - but again, not limited to music if you have other creative experiences....    (Sorry that my post is so long....!!!!)

ChoW~ 4 NoW~
>^;;^<

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAhHaHaHa
there issomething on myshoulder
Loc: upon the east
Re: HUGE creativity boosts from psychedelics.. Anybody else...? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3152605 - 09/19/04 12:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I drew a detailed picture of what my friends bedroom looked like on shrooms. There was somethng else in those shrooms, I have never tripped that hard. Anyway the image was burned into my mind. Fluorescent yellow expanding walls and the bright navy blue blinds were smiling and winking at me. The whole time it was like I was looking through this prism of dimension. Like those mirrors that are facing each other and you look in one and see forever. Like looking through a clear square that just kept getting smaller as it got farther away. That is how I drew it the next morning. I drew a detailed picture and colored it in with the appropriate crayons.

--------------------
So Im packing my bags for the mysty mountains where the spirits go.

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Re: HUGE creativity boosts from psychedelics.. Anybody else...? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3153067 - 09/19/04 11:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, same thing happened to me on shrooms. I tried to play the guitar, but it was difficult. I managed to strum a chord, then would just sit there and giggle at how cool the chord sounded.

I find that low does of mushrooms allows you to play the guitar in a godlike state :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3153409 - 09/19/04 07:55 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The most important effect that psychedelics have on my creativity is what happens in the weeks immediantly following a trip.  I feel like I'm able to use description in a more poignant, titilating way with my writing.  It just helps me get in tune better with my characters, and the situations.  Lots of new ideas!  :smile:

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
    #3155098 - 09/20/04 11:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'd have to agree with what you said about the shrooms. I tried doing some music on my pc in the later half of a strong trip. I had a sample I wanted to use and I could hear the song playing in my head how I wanted it to be, but my I kept on getting lost in my thoughts every couple of minutes so I actually failed to acheive a great deal. I'm sure at some point I was simply hitting the keyboard repeatedly just to hear the sample which stupidly enough seemed fun in itself. Also the computer was hard to use, I seem to lose a great deal of my technical ability when tripping, and the mouse cursor was buzzing all over the screen leaving trails while the screen seemed too intense to stay focused on it.
Drawing is fantastic though, give me a pen and pad while tripping and I'll stay doodling for some time.

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
    #3155111 - 09/20/04 11:46 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hell yeah, not musically but lyrically, musics too hard to put 2gether but lyrics r amazing to write, i fill a note book every trip, golden teachers are amazing for writing

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: HUGE creativity boosts from psychedelics.. Anybody else...? [Re: Chronic7]
    #3155644 - 09/20/04 02:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I forgot about the heightened drawing abillity...! (as I look around my computer desk at all of the post-it notes covering the framwork all covered with abstract pictures...!) One of those things that just becomes background noise in my daily life.... And somebody I know just happens to have some Golden Teachers about ready to birth, so he is excited to see what they bring...!

Edited by GimpyTomCat (09/21/04 09:07 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience