Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend

Loc: The Yard
Problems, problems and more problems
    #313784 - 05/10/01 07:39 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

A couple of questions:
How long can sterilized jars sit for, before being innoculated? My friend sterilized 9 jars, and isn't sure now if the culture is viable or not. He innoculated 1 jar, and wants to wait and see if it grows out. But is it OK, to wait five or six MORE days, before innoculating the rest?

A different friend has a casing growing of Thai (Lipi Yai) from Ryche. He has grown Thailand's before, and they grew extremely fast, like under a week and a half from case to harvest. This casing is going mad slow, like it's been more than two weeks and the pins are just popping up, and growing at an extremely slow rate. He was hoping to have product for this weekend, but at this rate, it seems like it could be a few more weeks. WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?

Someone help a brotha out...

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Problems, problems and more problems [Re: ricelicker]
    #313848 - 05/10/01 09:36 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

1) Yes
2) If they`re pinnining now, it should be a matter of days.

Offlinericelicker

Re: Problems, problems and more problems [Re: puscle]
    #314076 - 05/10/01 02:50 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

But there have been pins for a few days, and they are growing much slower than previosu batches. What I want to know is why, and how can he speed it up?

--------------------

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Anonymous

#314456 - 05/11/01 01:03 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

You can up the heat to 75-80

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #314723 - 05/11/01 11:21 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I wonder did he grow the" thai ks"the first time not the lipa yai? The "ks" Are quicker than the lipa yai.Give the shrooms 12 hours light and high temps.That should speed things up alittle.

Offlinericelicker

Re: Problems, problems and more problems [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #314932 - 05/11/01 03:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

He will raise the heat, but also the first time he grew a different strain of Thai's, not Lipia Yai or the KS, but a strain from workman. But he thought that when the casing is in the vegetative growing stage, the temp was supposed to be that high, and then dropped to initiate pinning. But he will raise the heat, like I said. They have been getting 12hrs light/12hrs dark, so hopefully the heat will do the trick.

--------------------

Anonymous

#315352 - 05/12/01 12:26 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well 70-75 is a good temperature for fruiting, which should be a ten degree drop in temp from incubation (80-85)
I know that some strains respond better to higher heat, and others it doesn't matter. I have also read somewhere that mushrooms in fact grow faster in higher heat, so try raising the heat to 75 and see what happens.
During vegetative state you want the temp to be around 80, the same as incubation. Then you drop the temp and add 12 hours light and humidity and air exchange.

Offlinericelicker

Re: Problems, problems and more problems [Re: ]
    #315978 - 05/12/01 10:11 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Well...
The good news is the fruits are growing a little faster, he raised the temp. But now there are mad mutants, like upside down mushies and morphed and squashed mushies, and just to make things even better, there aren't even that many healthy fruits. He has had sucess growing large batches with less jars(3 1/2 pint instead of 4) but why is this time so shitty????? Everything seems to be the same(temp humidity light etc)...All the sudden everthing seems so hopeless.

--------------------

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
    #316110 - 05/13/01 05:34 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I think upside down shrooms are hilarious. I had one in a flush of 150 Cambos. The stem was straight up in the air, and looked like it wanted to form another cap. Meanwhile, the cap was sticking stright down into the casing. When I picked it, the mycorhiza were coming out of the cap! Absolutely funny. I wish it had grown another cap. I woulda cloned it and tried to raise a flush of dumbell shrooms.

Peace.

I choked Linda Lovelace!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale