Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSquidfingers
Stranger
Cheap filter disks
    #3139903 - 09/15/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know a lot of people rave about tyvek, and it's something that I'm going to try but I was thinking about those micron filter disks that I see on some of the sponsor sites.

I used to work selling vacuums for Kirby (hehe yeah it's a shitty job  :wink:) and in their home demonstrations they use a bunch of those filter disks to demonstrate hepa filtration. Each salesman has a big demonstration case FULL of the damn things and they get them for free.
I bet to get some cheap disks all you'd have to do is call your local ofc (you can get the # from kirby.com i believe) and ask them about
it.

If the ofc isn't too keen on the idea then all you have to do is talk to the individual salesmen away from the ofc (they're ALL crooked) and offer them 10$-20$ for a big stack of disks. The salesman makes some quick cash on something they're given for free and you get an assload of disks.

From each disk you can probably cut two or three smaller disks to fit your cans. The disks DO work just make sure they're the real HEPA ones that are really thin instead of the salesman's thicker, regular filter disks. Also Thermax at least uses the same thing.

Orrrr maybe that idea sucks, what do you guys think? Any reason it wouldn't work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: Squidfingers]
    #3139915 - 09/15/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

go to the post office and get tyvek in the form of priority mail envelopes. just look for the word TYVEK that will save you a shitload of money! dont waste your time on other stuff.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

OfflineSquidfingers
Stranger
Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: scape]
    #3139933 - 09/15/04 05:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I already know about tyvek, and although alot of people like it and i'm going to be using it myself, there are some who argue about air whether the jars would be able to breath. This is more for people who try filter disks.

Offlinescape
II
Loc: somewhere but not where y...
    #3139941 - 09/15/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

yea i understand. I was just stressing TYVEK. Its great my recent innoculation has given faster colonization and no contams with the addition of tyvek to my lid.

--------------------

EVERYTHING I SAY OR DO IS FAKE, IM A COMPULSIVE LIAR, sorry for any confusion this makes.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3139950 - 09/15/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

fed-x envelopes are free,and you can get a shitload of disk out of 1 !

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

OfflineSquidfingers
Stranger
Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: george castanza]
    #3139980 - 09/15/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Heh yeah i have some tyvek I just ordered and it'll probably take 2 weeks to get here, that and my local post office is too small to have much. Oh and off the subject question, does anyone have a link to a good
Karo tek?  I have some quart jars i want to use and i've been searching and can't find a good post. Thanks :smile:

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
    #3140066 - 09/15/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

1 tsp. karo/100 mL water
pc @15 psi for 15-20 min.'s
let cool
innoculate
incubate

OfflinePoopIntrusion
Stranger
    #11721689 - 12/26/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Squidfingers said:
I know a lot of people rave about tyvek...
I used to work selling vacuums for Kirby (hehe yeah it's a shitty job  :wink:) and in their home demonstrations they use a bunch of those filter disks to demonstrate hepa filtration. Each salesman has a big demonstration case FULL of the damn things and they get them for free.
I bet to get some cheap disks all you'd have to do is call your local ofc (you can get the # from kirby.com i believe) and ask them about
it...

Orrrr maybe that idea sucks, what do you guys think? Any reason it wouldn't work?

BUMP (I don't seem to be able to start new threads, and there are merits to keeping information consolidated)

I found these on ebay, and the question still remains, Any reason it wouldn't work? http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-100-Kirby-6.5%22-White-Filter-Disk-SP753196-NEW_W0QQitemZ170421797043QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091219?IMSfp=TL0912192110005r31386

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: PoopIntrusion]
    #11721726 - 12/26/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Was there really a need to bump a 5 year old thread. Just start one for Christ sakes

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: Shea25]
    #11721740 - 12/26/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Was there really a need to bump a 5 year old thread. Just start one for Christ sakes

whats wrong with old threads? i like memories

:lolcat:

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: PoopIntrusion]
    #11721742 - 12/26/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I love the idea of summoning the kirby salesman to try to buy the disks of him.

There he is, prepped and ready to give a 2 hour spiel. You cut him off and say 'I don't really want a vacuum but could you sell me some of those disks?'

Salesman: Huh?

you: I just need some of those disks.

Salesman: why?

you: I use them to grow mushrooms, but they're expensive to order off the internet, so I just called you instead cuz I know you have
some.

Salesman: you called me over here, just to buy my demo filters?

you: yeah, i'll give you twenty bucks for the whole stack.

salesman: (pulling out gun) Give me your wallet mother fucker, i'm robbin you.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

InvisibleLokelYokel
I Gro Fuud
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Heart
Re: Cheap filter disks [Re: anonjon]
    #11722103 - 12/26/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I found a case of these at a garage sale for $5.  There are $4000+ 6" discs in it.  I can cut 4 regular and 2 wide mouth filters out of each one. I use them for edible spawn and they seem to work just fine on top of an upside down lid w/holes and the ring screwed down tight. I have done jars with 1 filter and some with 2 and have had 0 contams in any jars, although we are not talking 1000s of jars so far.

If you get a hold of these fold them in quarters and use a lid as a template to cut 4 regular filters at a time.  Fold in half for wide mouth and you have to cheat a bit on each side as the 6" disc is not quite wide enough.  Your WM filters will have slight flat spots but they will be covered by the rings and will work just fine.

--------------------
ReUse! RePurpose! ReCycle!  "Mom says use it again!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract