Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
got a soul?
    #3135577 - 09/14/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Some may se it unnecessary to start a new thread for this, but i felt soul deserved it's own topic ;P
You are what you become someone said, but what is it that becomes?
the "me" the one who speak?
where is it? what is it? am I a soul? and where is it when i.e. you are a sleep and is dreaming?
is it maybe the animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the aculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity,
the spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.. ?
as we stand in front of a mirror, is the soul reflected?

Edit *

* Some may se it unnecessary to start a new thread for this, but i felt soul deserved it's own topic ;P
the "me" the one who speak?
where is it? what is it? am I a soul? and where is it when i.e. you are a sleep and is dreaming?
is it maybe the animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the aculties of thought, action, and emotion, etc ... often conceived of as an immaterial entity, ..
the spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, being susceptible to happiness & misery, in a state of being.. ?

as we stand in front of a mirror, is the soul reflected?

Edit *

* Some may see it unnecessary to start a new thread for this, but I felt 'soul' deserved it's own topic! ;P
.. the "me" the one who speak?
Where is it? What is it? Am 'I' a soul? and where is it when e.g. you are a sleep, and is dreaming?
is it maybe the animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the aculties of thought, action, and emotion, etc ... often conceived of as an immaterial entity, ..
the spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, being susceptible to happiness & misery, in a(nother) state of being.. ?

...as 'we' stand in front of a mirror, is the soul reflected?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (05/08/06 07:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: got a soul? [Re: Gomp]
    #3135607 - 09/14/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The best way I can describe my interpretation of the soul (or spirit, consciousness, true self, *insert other symbols*) is as pure void. Eliminate all physical aspects of the illusionary self (behaviour, memories, desires, character traits, thoughts, physical looks, ect...) and you are left with the one truly omnipotent universal quality of objective nothingness. It exists within and without everything and nothing, and this aspect can be bubbled off into our physical body as the observing consciousness, or as some call it, the soul.

This is why we are all one, and yet all none. It is the greatest unifying quality :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3137000 - 09/14/04 10:59 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Define the word "soul" however you want. Don't know why you'd want to though. Thanks to the spiritual dis-unity of the day everybody's loaded the word "soul" with all kinds of crap like their own personal definitions, and nobody knows what anybody else is saying when the word's used, which makes it useless so...... have fun on your pointless mission!

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
    #3137076 - 09/14/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Like mixomatosis, I think there is a great problem with terminology. one person calls it Soul.  it all depends in what way you speak of soul.

Agree with deff on this one! (some great opinions!... deff is  :cool:)

i wish this was the way everyone viewed the soul, and not in the Oprah Winfrey idea of a individual, personal soul - just another way of defining and accentuating the ego.

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

Anonymous

#3137108 - 09/14/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Even though I believe in the existence of an eternal soul, it's been a real mindfuck for me to try and make sense of what it is. The more I think about it the harder it is to describe. I'd once thought that the soul was a point of conscious awareness, it's physical representation being a point or sphere of light. But a 'point' of awareness implies a physical space for a point to occupy, so I think that idea gets scrapped. A purely non-physical entity would have no point of reference whatsoever except in the context of interaction with the physical realm of space-time. I think the soul is composed entirely of consciousness. But the problem is, where is the separation of one consciousness from another in a non-physical realm where there's no space? What then defines where one consciousness ends and another begins? It would seem there'd have to be a non-physical 'gravity' that holds foci of consciouness together. But again that's using a physical phenomenon to model a non-physical phenonemon.

There are some serious problems with the idea of a soul, especially if one believes in reincarnation. For example, how are 'past life' memories stored? I think Deff's idea is close, but it doesn't explain the notion of separate souls. As far as I can see, there's no way to reconcile the existence of separate foci of consciousness outside the physical realm.

I guess I don't have any answers. Just more questions.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: got a soul? [Re: ]
    #3137114 - 09/14/04 11:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

hmm.. so you don't know what it is but you believe in it? I suggest you spend your time analyzing why you believe in it.. what does that kind of belief do for you? Why bother holding it?

Anonymous

Re: got a soul? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3137222 - 09/15/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That's just the thing. I have a lot of doubt now for my belief of what I once thought a soul was. I still have a deep 'knowing' that a soul exists because of personal experiences, but I know that probably means nothing to you or to any materialist. But I've backtracked to that particular belief and I'm trying to put it together in my mind in a logical way now, if that's possible.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3137812 - 09/15/04 06:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

have fun on your pointless mission!

LOL, i must say. telle me about something, anything. what evere you could think of, that is not a pointless mission?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#3137910 - 09/15/04 07:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mixomatosis said:
hmm.. so you don't know what it is but you believe in it? I suggest you spend your time analyzing why you believe in it.. what does that kind of belief do for you? Why bother holding it?

The spirit basically exsists. I know this because I saw a ghost and a door slammed for absolutely no reason. At the same time one person freaked out and felt it. The third person though it was the wind (it was not a windy day). It was also the third person who blasphemed the spirit's (my dead step-Dad, John) religious beliefs and made John explode.

This was a spirit who was angry at the time and I don't want to type up the whole story again. My experiance is proof of life after death and (sorry Deff) proof that we still stay attached to worldly things and memories when we die.

However the answers lead to questions and the questions will have no end. I have made headway in my personal theory of life after death, but I am still struggling hard to get there. If you have seen a human ghost, you should after the experiance know that there is life beyond the body.

Question: How many spirits are there?
Answer: More than the living. Who knows!?

Question: Do you think these spirits live together socially.
Answer: Yes, in fact, I believe that heaven is a misinterperatation for massive cities or contries where spirits go to "reside" when they are forgotten or they get tired of thier earthly posterity. It is possible that spirits travel here and back there frequently.

Question: How do you burnproof a bedroom?
Answer: One way is that gadget up there. A smoke detector.

Question: Can you talk to a spirit?
Answer: Why not?

--------------------
Agent 727

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: got a soul? [Re: MAGnum]
    #3138213 - 09/15/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

magnum:

"proof that we still stay attached to worldly things and memories when we die."

perhaps some do. perhaps not everyone must/chooses to stay here.

why shuld your personal belief be any better than their personal belief? the fact that it is a belief, makes it unbelievable to some.

i may say this again---:----im not to sure that it matters. but thats only my personal belief.

the true answer is a nother question: "So?"

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: got a soul? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3138293 - 09/15/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

proof, belief, personal belief, unbelievable, only, true..
all of those, i tend to see as the locks.
only when you'r personal belief is "lost" you get the key to start unlocking those words.
i.e. I say when confrontet whit a new object noone ever seen before (to your "knowledge") what would you cal it? and how would you say it?
say you found a circle for the first time. many tend to say: That is a circle! and thats maby how it got it's definition in the first place, but as I would have said: I cal that a cicle!

do people se the difference? and is it not vital? if you could teach children taht crusial difference in low age, why would they ever argue or fight? (maby over a girl or somthing though) hehe but am i so far off on thisone?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3138458 - 09/15/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

my whole post was sarcastic.

peace.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: got a soul? [Re: Todcasil]
    #4955391 - 11/19/05 10:50 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:
my whole post was sarcastic.

peace.

it was not a reply to your post..

your post may be whatever you want it to.. 

Ha-ha!

:grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #4956031 - 11/19/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
telle me about something, anything. what evere you could think of, that is not a pointless mission?

I can't.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom