Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
so I saw Ralph Nader today...
    #3136616 - 09/14/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

he was speaking at some university here... first time throughout this whole campaign process that i've heard a candidate actually address important issues, lay out the existing problems, and offer different proposals to address these issues. 

jesus, if only we could.

actually, though, i don't think that Nader has the personality for being President, and he kinda creeps me out a bit (he looks just a little too much like Mr. Rogers), but still - it's so refreshing to hear a candidate that thinks along the somewhat same lines as me, and yet so depressing when you realize what his cadidacy means in this ass-backwards 2-party system...

ok enough political rant, just thought i'd share :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
Re: so I saw Ralph Nader today... [Re: Krishna]
    #3136734 - 09/15/04 12:00 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'll agree with that post. Nader has spoken at my campus a few times and I've seen him each time. He actually addresses  *issues*  instead of offering catchy sound-bites to appease the masses. I voted for him in the last election, knowing full-well that it wouldn't make a difference and that all it would do is "steal" votes from one of the other parties.

I couldn't vote for the lesser of two evils...... it's still evil  :hellfire:

User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: so I saw Ralph Nader today... [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3136771 - 09/15/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yeah he made a really interesting comment on that "lesser of two evils" thing... he said that the left-wing has overwhelmingly accepted John Kerry, not because of who he is or what he stands for, but simply because he is "not-Bush!" Nader warned us that in doing so, people are accepting John Kerry, no questions asked. Groups that normally would be lobbying a Democratic presidential candidate are staying away from doing so, because they've decided that anybody-but-Bush is a good enough strategy. All the while, though, Kerry is certainly receiving some lobbying from corporate America, just in case he wins. So, Nader was saying, he is being pulled to the right by the corporate interest, and not pulled back to the left by citizen-activist type groups, and so, at the end of it all, will he really be any more accountable? Definitely something that caused me to ponder for a bit, especially after reading a big article in some "Sierra Club" magazine about their endorsement of Kerry. They certainly detail how horrible Bush has been on the environment (and who doesn't accept that as fact?!), but when it comes to discussing how Kerry's policies will be better, they are lacking a bit...

Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: so I saw Ralph Nader today... [Re: Krishna]
    #3136773 - 09/15/04 12:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I think I might vote for Nader just because it doesn't really matter who I vote for in my state. He sure knows his shit and is quick as a whip. I wouldn't mind having a creepy guy for president, as long as he gets the job done right.

Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: so I saw Ralph Nader today... [Re: Worf]
    #3137147 - 09/15/04 01:45 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Vote your heart. Fuck the polls and democrats saying you stole their votes. Your vote is your own, dig it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub