Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance
    #5777130 - 06/21/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

You'd think that after 6 years of one of the worst administrations in the history of the United States of America, the Dems would have a sure thing coming. Not hardly.

The foremost reason they will not gain many(if any) seats in congress is their rabid attack on the second amendment. Everyone I know that shoots says this issue is in their top three. Most say it's number one. Half of the households in the US have a gun owner. Simply, if you're against firearms, you lose a lot of votes.

Like drugs, as Americans see that the lies they've been fed about guns and violence are unfounded, they become more accepting of them. Firearms are used 1.5-2.5 million times a year in self-defense. In an increasingly unstable country(and world) people want to be able to protect themselves. Just look at the total breakdown and failure of safety in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

If the Democrats want to have a chance at winning, they're going to have to back off gun control. It's just not going to help them at all. There are many more serious problems facing this country that should be on the forefront.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: da projects
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: daimyo]
    #5777169 - 06/21/06 04:54 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Im so liberal I say let the homos get married.

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: lsdandfrisbee]
    #5777180 - 06/21/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry that was off-topic. My whole family is strong Democrat. We even went to Bush's first inauguration just to see Slick Willy.

The Republicans motto,"Protect the rich, fuck the poor."

I hate the Republican stand on every issue. Dammit I'am gonna stop before I write out 5 pages on why I hate Republicans.

Edited by lsdandfrisbee (06/21/06 04:57 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5777191 - 06/21/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Write it out. I hate both(in their current state of stupidity), and am always looking for new reasons to bash either.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #5777210 - 06/21/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

It has already been said that in the case of bird flu they would confiscate guns. What does bird flu have to do with guns i dont know.

Or what about Delta Force,Police,UN,Army already training in simulated gun confiscations?

Both parties suck. Bush is a trojan horse when it comes to gun control

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5777225 - 06/21/06 05:13 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

What "rabid attack" are you talking about? While it's true that Democrats generally tend to support gun control more than the Republicans do, I haven't heard any Democrats making a bunch of noise about it lately. Those that do make it an issue in their campaigns will probably be those whose constituents share their views.

--------------------

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
    #5777229 - 06/21/06 05:15 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

The problem with the democrats is they are defined by their supposed difference from the republicans. And when you have a political party defined almost entirely by what they're not, with very little focus on what they are, you have a weak and inefficacious group of ninnies not worth voting for.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

#5777235 - 06/21/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:
Sorry that was off-topic. My whole family is strong Democrat. We even went to Bush's first inauguration just to see Slick Willy.

I hate the Republican stand on every issue. Dammit I'am gonna stop before I write out 5 pages on why I hate Republicans.

Unfortunately, this post almost exactly encapsulizes why the Democrats don't stand a chance in the near future.

Simply put: "Bush Sucks!" is NOT a platform.

It is not enough to simply say "Vote for us 'cause the other guys are wrong" we have to know what you're going to do in office. Louis Black, one of my favorite comedians put it best with the quote "The Democrats are a party of no ideas, the Republicans are a party of bad ideas,"

The fact of the matter is, people don't like what GWB is doing, that's clear from opinion polls. But the democrats have never said what they're going to do differently.

Look at any major issue: Iraq, the Democrats say the Republican's plan is horrible, but they don't advance their own plan. Even core democrats don't support an immediate pullout, though the hardliners do, meaning the party has no consensus on a timeline or a plan. It's really easy to say "Oh that's a bad idea" when you don't have a better one.

The economy's going very well, so it's hard to believe the Democrats have big plans to improve it.

So, the question becomes, why should I vote for the Democrats? Simply because they "don't suck" as much as the Republicans isn't enough, because I just don't know what they'll do when they get into office. Since they haven't enumerated their own plan, they might make the situation in Iraq worse. Saying that they can't ruin our image any more than it already is might not be true either, Al Queda was built during Clinton's Presidency, not GWBs.

Until the Democrats start telling America what they ARE going to do, instead of just what they ARE NOT going to do, there's little reason to vote for them.

Just my $.02

Edit: Exactly what unbeliever said, but more long winded

Edited by Economist (06/21/06 05:18 PM)

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5777301 - 06/21/06 05:47 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lsdandfrisbee said:

Congratulations, you've been trained well by your party. I'm sure you're content to do whatever they tell you.

Here's some free advice though:
extreme left and extreme right are both extreme wrong.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: Konnrade]
    #5777313 - 06/21/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Hey lets all vote for a 3rd party! Just kidding, Everyone knows whats best and knows that both parties are wrong, but on election day, you'll vote for either Evil or Stupidity, and 3rd party will be again overlooked. Oh well, this country has used most of my patience anyway, I'm gonna leave.

Offlinemellowrubberduck
NDE on 7/8/06
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
    #5777329 - 06/21/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Neither side is perfect, especially when it comes to far-left and far-right. Voting is pretty much picking what you think is the lesser of two evils. Although I don't agree with everything that Bush has done/is doing, I'm glad we picked someone who can make up their mind. I'm not too great with politics so I'm not going to debate on policies and other shit or even defend Bush, because it's not going to change the presidency.

I've been seeing over the past couple years that the Democrats really aren't going to win by numbers, so they're going to try to bully their way into office, by picking up special interest groups and picking up anybody else that even slightly disagrees with the Republicans.

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5777332 - 06/21/06 05:57 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadConductor said:
Hey lets all vote for a 3rd party! Just kidding, Everyone knows whats best and knows that both parties are wrong, but on election day, you'll vote for either Evil or Stupidity, and 3rd party will be again overlooked. Oh well, this country has used most of my patience anyway, I'm gonna leave.

3rd party support has got to start at the local level. Prez elections are only once every 4 years but you have multiple opportunities every year to vote in elections at the city, state, district, etc level. Make use of it. Be active in promoting the 3rd party of your choice, volunteer your time and money to support their campaigns, etc. There is way more to do than just bitch and whine about the presidential elections every four years.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5777334 - 06/21/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I've got no qualms with voting third party... I don't consider it throwing my vote away.

It's the idiots who are afraid to vote third party that are throwing away votes.

Someone should start a movement to encourage people to vote third party... not for any specific third party, just one of them.

Perhaps if the dominant parties realize it's not just a 2-party race, they'll start being more interested in american interests instead of their own interests.

--------------------

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: unbeliever]
    #5777341 - 06/21/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Shittt, you mean its all on my shoulders to get the ball rolling? Why doesn't everyone else just see the problem and we can all collectively fix it? We need to set up a nice centralist party.

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5778290 - 06/21/06 09:42 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Trained by my party? I have my own mind and think for myself so I don't think that happened. Democrat is the party I chose and feel most strongly about.

No strong Libertarians yet.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5778410 - 06/21/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 9 months ago)

If you blindly hate republicans, then you're the perfect pawn for democrats, who have just as many flaws as republicans do, just in the opposite direction.

Example, I would never trust the environment to a hardcore republican, and I would never trust tax dollars to a hardcore democrat. Both of them would be likely to fuck up in those respective areas.

Some republicans take damn good stances. If you think they're all just out to serve the rich, then you've been horribly misled by the democrats that you've chosen to put your trust in. That beleif is akin to the schoolchildren in soviet russia who beleived it when they were told that capitalists were evil, selfish pigs that are out to destroy them.

Keep in mind that both parties are wrong about a lot of things. When voting, it's not about the party, it's about the politician. And the best candidates are usually the ones whose stance is a combination of policies from both sides.

--------------------

Invisiblelsdandfrisbee
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5778840 - 06/22/06 12:00 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I see what you are saying, but I'am afraid I dont agree with you.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5779028 - 06/22/06 12:49 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

fair enough

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #5779107 - 06/22/06 01:15 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

I don't understand why people are concerned with democrats.  Granted, they're far less Janus-faced than the republicans.  But, the democrats get compromised by trying to stay "relevant" and so they have no balls.  The republicans--though I do allow there are some good, honest people of that persuasion--are so clearly more corrupt and unwilling to look at science...it's a big mess.

I mean, there is a direct correlation between so-called "liberal" ideals and the amount of education one has.  And "conservatives" get pissy because the universities in America are "biased" toward a "liberal" inclination. 

Maybe the conservative-thinking people could actually bring themselves up by their bootstraps rather than telling other people to do so. 

Whatever you think about Clinton--he came out of dirt-poor Arkansas. 

Bush?  How many millions did he have funding failure after failure in his adult life?  He's got more stilts than a Louisiana coastline holiday house. 

NOW we get no change in the federal minimum wage. 

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE COMPASSION FROM THESE PEOPLE?  YOU'RE SO HIGH ON JESUS, WHY NOT LIVE THAT SHIT, YOU PIECES OF FUCKING MONEY-CHANGER INVALIDS.  :mad:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Why the Democrats STILL Don't Stand A Chance [Re: GnuBobo]
    #5779455 - 06/22/06 03:16 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

Nicely put, Bobo. :congrats:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate