Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
My Promotion.
    #3122599 - 09/11/04 04:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Some of you might remeber my potential promotion, and my interview for it. It all went super good, but I came out of there thinking it was a little over my head. With no managing exper. the idea of hiring people and working those terrible hours on salary didn't appeal to me.

So yesterday at work, my boss, the guy that told me to apply for this job calls me into his office. It always sketches me out when i get called into an office, probably stemming from the principals office. Anyways, he's like "So just a little FYI,(he said "FYI" i almost laughed) you didn't get that postition, due to your lack of exper. blah blah, but Cory got it. (cory's my supervisor) And Cory's postion will be available, and your more than qualified for that."

So I might be a supervisor, which is much better for me because I won't have to work 5pm-2am, Tue-Sat. And I still get tips and overtime.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: My Promotion. [Re: funkymonk]
    #3122667 - 09/11/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted, but at least with a supervisor position you can work your way up and get the experience you need. I had a meeting with my corporate leader today...it went awesome, they want me to start right away and they asked me if I was interested in a higher position! Hell Yeah! I definitely want to move up, but I need to get back into the hang of just being a boss for a small group of people rather than multiple groups of people. I know my shit, I just want to get better at it first.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#3122939 - 09/11/04 06:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i was offered a menagement postition once and didn't take it exactly for that reason. i really didn't know what i was doing..so instead, i got a shift supervisor postion. it was like i wasn't even promoted though, i did all the same stuff throughout the day except at the end of the day i had a bit of paper work to do.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3122957 - 09/11/04 06:36 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have made a carreer out of getting postions I wasn't quailfied for. It takes BALLS to try what you did. YOU TRY AGAIN AND AGAIN until you get what you want. If you think you can be a boss then go find a bosses job.

The last job I had was a Plant Managers postion. Shit I just told it like it was and got the job.....$68,000 a year.

People get places not by education alone but by BALLS,GUTS and DOGGED DETERMINATION.

And without that you might as well DIE

It is better to try and fail then to not take a postion because your scared. That is stupid.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: My Promotion. [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3123238 - 09/11/04 08:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well said! :thumbup:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: My Promotion. [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3124724 - 09/12/04 03:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well put. I was pretty confident that I could do the job, but in retrospect. It wouldn't be something I enjoyed doing....I've got tonnes of time, I've only been there 3 months so i figure i'll have time to move up if I want...

i only maid $20 in tips tonight htough  :thumbdown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub