Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
If your supervisor knows you are hungover
    #20049105 -

Do you get in trouble?


My friend got in trouble today by the new supervisor at work cause he was hungover.

Now, that kinda pissed me off cause I go to work hungover just about everyday but am still the fastest assembly worker they have.

Sure, he was sluggish, but still making rate on the assembly line.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049110 -

Would depend on the supervisor and the job. Some don't give a shit, some do.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049113 -

Depends if your boss is an asshole or not.  I smoke weed at work with my boss.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: mushmafia]
    #20049125 -

lol  It never even crossed my mind that they'd care. 

IF anything, I assumed they'd think I was just sleepy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: mushmafia]
    #20049135 -

I get that, but they can't get you fired legally for going in hungover right?

I mean, if you're not blowing numbers from the night before they can't hit you for being intoxicated at work.

If your supervisor over hears you are hungover can he get you fired for that?

Cause I am getting blasted tonight and going into work hungover as shit and busting out 230 an hour when rate is 150.

Just cause I kinda took that shit personally. I know, sounds stupid but I have my own ways to justify an incident like this in my mind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049142 -

Rhizohunter said:
I get that, but they can't get you fired legally for going in hungover right?





Would depend on the state. Some are 'at will' states, which means they can terminate employment for pretty much any reason they want.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20049154 -

Yeah, I'm in NY


Pretty sure that coming in hungover everyday isn't a reason. Only because I still do all the job descriptions and some.

I'm a good worker, just like to do what I want to do on my own time. Which may involve drinking more alcohol than necessary on a daily basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049167 -

A lot of times when you're hung over you're probably still somewhat drunk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049170 -

Google says New York has the at will exception where you will only be fired for just cause. That's not defined as far as I know, so yes, theoretically they could fire you for coming in hung over as it presents a safety hazard. You could then take it to court and the courts would decide who was in the right and who was in the wrong.

I'm no lawyer just reading up on it, they could potentially have a strong case to back up their firing of you for being hung over, in which any official body would uphold their firing and you would be entitled to no benefits like you would expect for being 'wrongly terminated'.

My advice would be just don't talk about being hung over, if they ask you just didn't get enough sleep and keep doing what you do. You know, cuz not going in hung over is probably obviously out the question.

EDIT I actually interviewed for the job I have now while hung over and with almost no sleep. I'd have to say alcohol was definitely still having an effect on me. Some places just don't give a shit.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Edited by Shroomslip (05/27/14 10:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049172 -

Rhizohunter said:
I get that, but they can't get you fired legally for going in hungover right?





They can fire you for any reason they want

I'd fire you if you came in hungover everyday too, if it was a one time time like your friend I'd be alright, I get shit happens, but every day? I'd find a better worker.

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Shroomslip]
    #20049180 -

Shroomslip said:
Google says New York has the at will exception where you will only be fired for just cause. That's not defined as far as I know, so yes, theoretically they could fire you for coming in hung over as it presents a safety hazard. You could then take it to court and the courts would decide who was in the right and who was in the wrong.

I'm no lawyer just reading up on it, they could potentially have a strong case to back up their firing of you for being hung over, in which any official body would uphold their firing and you would be entitled to no benefits like you would expect for being 'wrongly terminated'.

My advice would be just don't talk about being hung over, if they ask you just didn't get enough sleep and keep doing what you do. You know, cuz not going in hung over is probably obviously out the question.




Thanks man, good advice...


I'm not hungover, I was just banging some slut all night.


This new supervisor is an ex marine, I don't like him. May move to 3rd shift with my other supervisor. She likes me, old hippy type chick.

Still gonna see what happens tomorrow, I just can't drink too much. I go in still buzzin a lot, that is bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Uzziel]
    #20049185 -

Uzziel said:
Rhizohunter said:
I get that, but they can't get you fired legally for going in hungover right?





They can fire you for any reason they want

I'd fire you if you came in hungover everyday too, if it was a one time time like your friend I'd be alright, I get shit happens, but every day? I'd find a better worker.

:shrug:




Fastest assembly worker they have dude. I have been hungover for a long time, some days I would rather be hungover than not.

I have too much energy without alcohol the night before, and I sit in a chair all day pressing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #20049191 -

Obviously me and you have different definitions of being hungover then. If you can throw up constantly and have the worst splitting headache and be the "fastest worker" then you're a fucking god, G.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: If your supervisor knows you are hungover [Re: Uzziel]
    #20049197 -

Uzziel said:
Obviously me and you have different definitions of being hungover then. If you can throw up constantly and have the worst splitting headache and be the "fastest worker" then you're a fucking god, G.




I don't throw up, and only have headaches when I first get up. Yeah dude, now you're getting it, I'm god. :tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Issues at work with supervisor, what would you do?
( 1 2 all )
PreparationH 2,631 21 06/11/15 04:50 PM
by PreparationH
* Fastest Degree Possible? No class, just tests?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Janamil 2,239 63 03/27/11 12:45 PM
by Janamil
* starting salary part time supervisor for UPS? LethalX5 30,029 10 10/06/09 10:36 PM
by Chespirito
* Being the boss! Any experienced supervisors out there?
( 1 2 all )
vladtepes 2,980 27 07/27/13 11:02 AM
by cheshirect666
* This is beyond hungover.
( 1 2 all )
NIMH 1,973 29 11/01/09 02:07 AM
by NIMH
* Hungover?
( 1 2 all )
ChristianTaylor5 2,494 26 07/14/07 01:03 PM
by jewunit
* Anyone else hungover while having a cold?? DeadHearts 1,791 17 09/10/10 04:09 PM
by DeadHearts
* Hungover- Never Drinking Again Promises Moonshoe 426 14 06/24/16 07:46 PM
by Space Elf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,649 topic views. 7 members, 16 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.