Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Two Simple Notes
    #3096112 - 09/05/04 09:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The entire human history has just been increasing and outlined levels of two simple elements of life: emotional and intellectual. When man was the ape, the pre-historic man, the human before our known language, he existed as with the animals, with the same, if more complex, receptual mind. They put together their concepts in life, the perceptual blocks, and made it into receptual, putting it together like our concepts, but without labels. They viewed the world much more harshly and distrustfully, and existed in the moment, lived for their survival, they were emotional creatures like the animal. The intellectual sat there staring evolution in the face, like a piece of unformed clay, but it had no shape, no boundaries yet. In this future yin yang, the yin, the emotional, was bright and burning and the yang, the intellectual, stood there in the dark, unnoticed. Duality existed in its potential, but was not known to us.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, revolution came. The intellectual, that previously unformed chaotic chunk of clay, had its first outline drawn. The first word was spoken and given a concept, and our minds, in that instant, flipped into a conceptual mind, no matter how primitive and undeveloped. It tied together recepts, our undeveloped concepts, strung them up with a label, our language, both internal and external, and our intellectual mind began its growth of the moon. With every new concept humanity placed, with every word we learned, the emotional was dimmed and covered with paint, and the intellectual became more defined and brighter.

Fast forward this and we get to the modern day. But there is change in the air: how long has evolution taken us to get this intellectual based mode? The yin yang still exists, but it is always unbalanced, a wavering scale, and duality is becoming more and more known to be unnecessary. The emotional is starting to pokes it head through, in music, in arts, in paintings, all the ways of the subconscious that shine into our everyday world. We have experienced the peak of our emotional before, and now the peak of our intellectual, yet always shunning one at the expense of the other. But the emotional is peaking through more and more.

The symbolism of both is very strong, and more and more symbolized than we know. All duality is based on these two. The conscious is the intellectual, the defined, the known to us, and the subconscious is the emotional, the pure ideas that shine through in our dreams, in our art, in our mysticism. The subconscious is viewed as vast and with awe, but it is because we have put boundaries on the infinite intellectual. We think we know the conscious, and have squared in a small growing section of it for ourselves, so it seems familiar. But the emotional cannot be tamed, will not simply tolerate boarders drown around it. It will view forever as vast and infinite as the conscious is with its cosmic brethren, in simple existence.

A parting note of the emotional and the intellectual, though. They are not entirely innocent, and have one flaw for both that leads to our unhappiness, the individual so-called ?meaning of life? that is forsaken from us, that leads us to not only know where it is we?re looking for, we don?t even know what. In the back of these ethereal matters, the intellectual concept and the emotional state both are seeking.

This is our hopes, our wants, all labeled nicely into the box we so well know: desire. Both the emotional and the intellectual?s will to power exist, and wishes to spread itself, to seek outside of itself into the void around, and desire begins to us in its known form. Desire is a steep slope, and at the beginning, it is level with the emotional and intellectual, and they are united, yet it slopes down into the void and suffering rises with the energy we through down the tunnel. The energy we throw down the tunnel, though, is all: some people?s lives are simply desire. We lose it all, and by the end of our lives, when all our energy has gone into the fading, the materialistic, the void around us beyond perception, we realize we have accomplished nothing. Our lives feel lacking, and we die to the unknown.

The ego is not the only part guilty of this, the ego simply conceptualizes it. We, unlike the animals, can step outside into the intellectual and view ourselves with our labels and realize how everything is fading, realize our morality and cause our own suffering and make ourselves fully miserable. Enlightenment is to simply exist, to exist in the energy rather than throw it all down into the fading, as the fading will suck up all we have done with our life in its destruction, and leave us with nothing.

Edited by Ravus (09/06/04 08:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Two Simple Notes [Re: Ravus]
    #3096304 - 09/05/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

good post, but something I thought:

The development of intellect doesn't necessarily push our emotions into recesses. I think people have been cultured in recent times to ignore emotions.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Two Simple Notes [Re: SpecialEd]
    #3096319 - 09/05/04 10:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It isn't necessary but it is rather inevitable, conceptual ideas are much simpler and defineable than emotional thoughts, so the simpler one will be represented and used more by the mind. I do agree though, society as a whole over the years has painted the image of ignoring the subconscious emotional mind, even than more the natural conceptual mind would, just as it has pushed the symbol of man more than woman more and many other corresponding dualities

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3096355 - 09/05/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

you stated that yin and yang is always unbalanced and a wavering scale...

by its own existance... by its own definition, it is always balanced.

even your idea that it is unbalanced is balancing something else within you or without you.

i think men are cultured to ignore emtions (to a better extant, this is not universally true, and vice versa for females.)

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3097133 - 09/06/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Holy crap, Ravus.  Ever heard of "indent" and "space between paragraphs"???  :grin:

Okay, looks interesting, but will have to participate later when I have time to break it up and read it in sections.  Idiot here, dontcha know.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3097877 - 09/06/04 04:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, what have you got against paragraphs, Ravus? :eek:

I confess I only read the first few sentences, but it looks pretty interesting. I'll attack the big blob anew probably at a later date and throw in my two pesos.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Two Simple Notes [Re: Frog]
    #3100201 - 09/06/04 08:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't type it on the shroomery which would be why it has no indents and spaces, copied it over, but I'll edit it for aesthetic purposes if it seems so imposing

It does seem rather long, but it's not as long as it seems, or perhaps it is

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology