Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
san pedro prep.
    #3095210 - 09/05/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

after reading over and over about san pedro i have decided that with the lack of other substances (shrooms, acid)at the moment i will try san pedro tonight. i found a local nursery that has a 3' san pedro cactus with 2 arms that branch off. it is 20$. i am going to use mjshroomers tek for extracion, and me and my gf/ will trip. any advice from those who have used it? i think i need to make sure there are to pesticides used in the plant right? is there anything else i should look for?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: kontron]
    #3096037 - 09/05/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Take your time drinking that tea. If you try and drink it to fast you're guranteed to puke.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3096174 - 09/05/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If its your first time it won't be too hard to get down,

it's the 2nd+ times that are harder and harder.

Get an ID in the ethno forum before prepping just to be sure, don't just trust a tag at a nursery/walmart/lowes/home depot etc.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: Cherk]
    #3096182 - 09/05/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cool i have the 4 hour cooking countdown started. i got 3 stalks for 20$. one 3' a 2' (cooking now), and a baby 6". we are saving the 3' one, it is for when we can have a third friend to trip with us. when i am pouring the tea mixture into the drinking cups, i was going to add honey, and lemon, or maybe a bag of mint tea. mint always helps with my stomach. i will drink it in shots over an hour. chase it with water. i am very anxious. wondering what it will be like. it smells like grass clippings to me. i think it will taste much the same. will the san pedro keep me awake, or is it a sleepy kind? if so would an energy drink hurt?

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #3096202 - 09/05/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Don't bother with lemon, its bitter enough!!

Mint sounds good.. I should give it a try. Honey will help too, no doubt.

I'd say bite the bullet and do it all at once. You might not be able to take the 3rd, 4th, or 5th shot. You shouldn't have much liquid anyhow, it should be boiled down a LOT. I boil mine down where it barely even freezes, it turns to mush at room temp within a matter of minutes. Swallowing pedro 'ice cubes' real fast with mountain dew is my fancy..

It's a very energetic trip, you won't need any other type of boost. Don't forget your seatbelt :smile:

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: Adden]
    #3096209 - 09/05/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think i can handle the flavor. i once made home-made absinthe... and that was the worst drink i ever had. if i can eat shroomies straight i can handle a little mint honey cactus drink. i hope. :wink:

Offlinekontron
captain planet
    #3097084 - 09/05/04 11:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i am waiting for the ball of mush to cool down while i make a playlist. all fun lights are on, and there is music in every room. i am going to brew a mint tea and mix the cactus juice with that, and drink it slowly over a 45 minute period. i am going to add honey of course. cell phones off, doors locked, although we most likely will end up going out anyhow. good night aland good tripping.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #3097415 - 09/06/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the best method..ive done it MANY times
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3097901 - 09/06/04 02:40 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Link doesn't work, maybe your huge sig is fucking things up.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
results [Re: kontron]
    #3099207 - 09/06/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the ribs were a bit rounded at the tips. not sharp pointy things like 45 degree corners. actuially san pedro is very easy to find in s.d., so no worries for me.. although i want my other 2 to grow right now. the trip was not that intense at all. i made the cactus goo, and cooked for 4 hopurs. i kept adding water throughout the cooking and boiling it back down. i started with a 22 inch stalk, and ended up with 6 oz. of liquid extract. i cut the white core out and did not include that in the mixture. i used skin and all..spines too. (mjshroomers tek was used). i made the 6 oz into 2 shots, one for me, and one for my g/f. we made a mint honey tea, and used splenda to sweeten the pot. it didnt work. it was the foulest drink i have ever set my lips upon. not foul enough to stop me from finishing the 16 oz tea mixture. a straw helps get it to the back of the throat real quik.
didnt feel anything for a while. had some energy, felt good, real hungry cause i had fasted all day. maybe 3 hours into it my visuals peaked. not too many. faces turned to skulls. my g/f has a cabinet of old dolls, and all the faces started turning to skulls. one dolls face shifted into 2 faces. lots of stuff seemed a bit 3d like it was made with poofy paint. went outside and the trees looked nice. went back inside. was looking in the mirror and saw my throat slit for a split second. my g/f's face turned into a demon shcik and where ever she looked were black lights coming from her heyes. not black like neon lights, but black like absence of color. sometimes would see things out of the corner of my eye. nothing lasting. just fleeting images. fell asleep about 5 hours into it, feeling it wasnt going to get more visual then this.. was real tired at that point. must have been about 4 am or so. my g/f stayed up cleaning all night. said she couldnt stop cleaning. her trip never took off either.
all in all it was fun. not the most insane trip i have ever had, but it was there. i think i just need to increase my dose next time. felt like a light acid trip that never fully took off. i still have 2 stalks left. a 3 footer, and a small baby that just rooted.
any suggestions to make it more potent????

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International Flag
Re: results [Re: kontron]
    #3100654 - 09/06/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Use the core next time. If you throw the core out you've already lost half of the cacti's weight. I know there's a lotta debate about if the core contains alkaloids, but I personally believe that it does indeed contain mescaline.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: results [Re: Cherk]
    #3100785 - 09/06/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

^^^ It contains a small amount of mesc. You paid for/grew it, why not use it? It might add some time to your procedure and bitterness to the brew, so why toss. I never have, and pedro/ptorch make me trip real hard.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: results [Re: Adden]
    #3100813 - 09/06/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i will keep the core in next time. i didnt do it by weight. i figured i would start small, and work my way up. now i know i can handle an 11 inch section or 3 oz of goo. san pedro is easy and cheap to get here.. no prob with that.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: fastfred]
    #3100980 - 09/06/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: san pedro prep. [Re: Adden]
    #3100982 - 09/06/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
Don't bother with lemon, its bitter enough!!

Well, the lemon isn't simply for the taste, I believe. Making the water acidic helps the extraction process. The alkaloids will be more soluble in the hot water.

I'm not sure how MUCH of a difference it actually makes. But, who knows, could help.

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Re: san pedro prep. [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3101294 - 09/06/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

at what temp does mesc break down? could i get a thermometer and make sure the temp never goes over the break down point? is there a way to turn the liquid extract into a pill? just curious, storage and easy to give to friends.

Offlinecisole
Master of the Beer Bong

Loc: NM
    #3101491 - 09/06/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

here is a pill tek...

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation4.shtml

and you can boil it on high on a stove and it doesnt bother it, I boiled mine for 3 hours and it kicked my ass!!!!

--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag