Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

America the evil. Interesting facts about our country.
    #3039552 - 08/23/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

(this is a repost from off-topic, it was a mistake to post this there)This may be a really long post. I hope I dont get too crazy, but Ive been doing some research into American history, and for the first time I saw, as a whole, how evil this country is.

1492 Columbus Sails the Ocean Blue- In his journal which is on the internet, Columbus described the Indians with what seemed like admiring awe: "They are the best people in the world and above all the gentlest-without knowledge of what is evil-nor do they murder or steal.....they love their neighbors as themselves and they have the sweetest talk in the world...always laughing."

Then he goes on to say, "They would make fine servants."
Well unfortunatly thats exactly what happened. Lets look at 50 years later in the eyes of Bartoleme de Las Casas in 1542.

Upon meeting the Natives he had this to say: "And of all the infinite universe of humanity, these people are the most guileless, the most devoid of wickedness and duplicity, the most obedient and faithful to their native masters and to the Spanish Christians whom they serve. They are by nature the most humble, patient, and peaceable, holding no grudges, free from embroilments, neither excitable nor quarrelsome. These people are the most devoid of rancors, hatreds, or desire for vengeance of any people in the world."
and
"Some of the secular Spaniards who have been here for many years say that the goodness of the Indians is undeniable and that if this gifted people could be brought to know the one true God they would be the most fortunate people in the world." WOW. Um....
In the end though "More than thirty other islands in the vicinity of San Juan are for the most part and for the same reason depopulated, and the land laid waste. On these islands I estimate there are 2,100 leagues of land that have been ruined and depopulated, empty of people."
"We can estimate very surely and truthfully that in the forty years that have passed, with the infernal actions of the Christians, there have been unjustly slain more than twelve million men, women, and children. In truth, I believe without trying to deceive myself that the number of the slain is more like fifteen million"

AND LASTLY BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY AS ITS THE THEME OF MY POST.

"Their reason for killing and destroying such an infinite number of souls is that the Christians have an ultimate aim, which is to acquire gold, and to swell themselves with riches in a very brief time and thus rise to a high estate disproportionate to their merits."

Lets fast forward to 1791 with the signing of the Bill of Rights. To most of us this bill means our personal rights. Well not so fast! Now everyone knows, the "founding fathers" had slaves. But maybe you didnt know that for a time, the african slaves outnumbered the colonists. And not to mention the fact that a mere 7 years later the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 were passed. The Sedition acts made criticizing the President, and Government(in any way shape or form, whether in print or utterd) illegal. Wait, didnt the 1st ammendment grant us freedom of speech? Well yes, but it was originally intended for the Federalist, and Anti-Federalist parties to have a stage to voice their opinions, NOT for our individual rights.

Moving along, Americans for centuries use African Slaves to work the fields for free, thus increasing their wealth astronomically. After the civil war ended and it was harder to own slaves, whats next? Child labor. You know, Industrialism, where 6 year old girls worked 16 hours a day 7 days a week. Yea good ol' industrialism.

So moving to modern times, where stealing a country is illegal, owning slaves is illegal, and working too much is illegal, we move to the next chapter in American Capitalism, OUTSOURCING. Where big companies like Nike can pay 50 cents a day for shoe making, that in the states would cost them at least $80 a day. Oh and Im not going to get into the cheap oil we import, which is one of the main reasons for Americas continued dominance.

So there you have it, America the beautiful. Now when do you think were actually going to get down and do some of our own work?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: Scolecite]
    #3043088 - 08/24/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

wow not even 1 reply....

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3043095 - 08/24/04 08:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Give it time.  :wink:

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: MOTH]
    #3043118 - 08/24/04 09:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Whoa man! America sucks! I had no idea!

jk...

Yeah America's pretty evil.  That seemed a lot more anti-christian though...  I think Christianity has taken a lot of shit, because a bunch of assholes invoked the name of Christianity to do a lot of bad shit.  It was like Islam is today.  You've got some people claiming to be devout believers in their faith, who are bent on world domination, using the name of their god to justify atrocities...  If you're doing it in the name of a deity, people of your faith see it as not only justifiable but dutiful...  Fucking sad. 

I have no problem with Christianity, but I do have a problem with the so-called "christians", as quite honestly they're hypocrits to their own teachings...  Christianity would be a lot more popular today if christians actually followed it's teachings :smile:

-j

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3043182 - 08/24/04 09:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

America is no more evil then anywhere else. Its nothing but being human.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3043282 - 08/24/04 10:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

honestly now, I really dont understand why people feel it necessary to constantly bash america, especially in the pub, of all places

for god's sake, haven't you stirred up enough bullshit about this already? Do we REALLY need yet ANOTHER cookie-cutter political thread?

I'm not a conservative, I'm not super pro america, but this whole "america is evil" thing is getting pretty fucking tired.

I believe this is what we call "beating a dead horse"

Offlinejellynutz
keep it rockin'like a whore onpills
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #3043409 - 08/24/04 11:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ghandi said something about Christianity like "I like the religion but not the followers", not in those exact words but I think he was refering to the self-rightous and the hipocrites that give the religion a bad name. I myself think it is a wonderful thing and if followed properly it would promote alot more peaceful of a world to live in. Most religions are based around the same thing but you always have that select few who twist things around and munipulate it to benifit them.

--------------------
Passion destroyed is reborn in the passion for destruction...

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: Turd]
    #3043512 - 08/24/04 11:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I was mearly trying to connect the dots, of how america uses others to get their work done.

Theres alot of info on the native americans that I never read before too, so I hardly think this is a 'cookie cutter' thread.

The only thing 'cookie cutter' was your response. Did you even read my post? Why didnt you contruibte somthing to back up or dispute my post? Then at least Ill know you read the damn thing.

Edited by Scolecite (08/24/04 11:39 AM)

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
    #3043579 - 08/24/04 11:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

All the columbus stuff isn't so bad when you think about the inquisition and things that where going on at the same time.

The worlds a cruel place thats the nature of life.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3043639 - 08/24/04 12:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Holland(that very small country in Europe) has transported/sold to most slaves(from Africa) in the world....  :crazy:  :sad:

I'm from Holland... I'm evil!!!  :wink:

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: Annom]
    #3043761 - 08/24/04 12:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Evil stuff is going on today, right now, Im not talking about ancient history.

OfflineTurd
Dr. Rock

Loc: Vulva, WA
    #3044123 - 08/24/04 02:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Scolecite said:
I was mearly trying to connect the dots, of how america uses others to get their work done.

Theres alot of info on the native americans that I never read before too, so I hardly think this is a 'cookie cutter' thread.

The only thing 'cookie cutter' was your response. Did you even read my post? Why didnt you contruibte somthing to back up or dispute my post? Then at least Ill know you read the damn thing.

I'm not saying your post is right or wrong, I just fail to see what new information you've brought to the table.  I learned all this stuff in middle school.

I guess I'm just sick of hearing all this negative talk.....  and I took it out on your thread, heh.

I know a lot of the evil shit thats going on in the world today, and has in the past, but I rarely bring it up, because it's pointless.  It's negative shit that needs to stay dead and burried.

That's just my opinion though, and I DID get a root canal yesterday, so I'm probably not in a very good mood.  Oh well.  Take a bong rip with me and let by-gones be by-gones :smile:

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: Turd]
    #3044479 - 08/24/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Turd said:
Quote:

Scolecite said:

I'm not saying your post is right or wrong, I just fail to see what new information you've brought to the table.  I learned all this stuff in middle school.

I guess I'm just sick of hearing all this negative talk.....  and I took it out on your thread, heh.

I know a lot of the evil shit thats going on in the world today, and has in the past, but I rarely bring it up, because it's pointless.  It's negative shit that needs to stay dead and burried.

That's just my opinion though, and I DID get a root canal yesterday, so I'm probably not in a very good mood.  Oh well.  Take a bong rip with me and let by-gones be by-gones :smile:

I had never read Christopher Columbus's Journal before, so I guess it was more of a shock to me to see how damn great the Native Americans really were. I guess I shouldnt expect others to be so shocked. Now wheres that bong at?

OfflineDrOuD
    #3044602 - 08/24/04 04:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I hesitate to post being new here, but there's a some good points nobody else has mentioned:

Slavery was not a product of America, it was a product of Europe. Europeans came to America and enslaved the native people.

Christianity was not a product of America, it was a product of Europe. People fled religious persecution in Europe and decided that the natives needed their God.

Why, again, is AMERICA bad? It sounds to me like some evil mofos from Europe came and really screwed things up.

Oh...lest we forget, slavery is now illegal just about everywhere. Not only that, the United States and Canada both have a hands-off approach to religion. I consider this, on both counts, to be a positive effort and effect...worthy of applause, not derision.

The past is most definitely the past...please find some current material if you want to complain about the countries or the continents.

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: DrOuD]
    #3045078 - 08/24/04 06:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DrOuD said:
I hesitate to post being new here, but there's a some good points nobody else has mentioned:

Slavery was not a product of America, it was a product of Europe. Europeans came to America and enslaved the native people.

Christianity was not a product of America, it was a product of Europe. People fled religious persecution in Europe and decided that the natives needed their God.

Why, again, is AMERICA bad? It sounds to me like some evil mofos from Europe came and really screwed things up.

Oh...lest we forget, slavery is now illegal just about everywhere. Not only that, the United States and Canada both have a hands-off approach to religion. I consider this, on both counts, to be a positive effort and effect...worthy of applause, not derision.

The past is most definitely the past...please find some current material if you want to complain about the countries or the continents.

So moving to modern times, where stealing a country is illegal, owning slaves is illegal, and working too much is illegal, we move to the next chapter in American Capitalism, OUTSOURCING. Where big companies like Nike can pay 50 cents a day for shoe making, that in the states would cost them at least $80 a day. Oh and Im not going to get into the cheap oil we import, which is one of the main reasons for Americas continued dominance.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: DrOuD] * 1
    #3045097 - 08/24/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

this guy ^^^^ is on to something.
America = scapegoat

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
    #10852655 - 08/13/09 03:13 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

remember these "Christians" who came to America and "conquered" it were usually sent by the monarchy of whatever country they left from with the express instructions to bring back gold.  This means at any cost because coming back empty handed meant DEATH!  As far as the religion.... well we all know that most religions are corrupt. I used to be christian until psychedelics and my last g/f opened my eyes to the truth.  Be that as it may I don't like to bash any of them, as there are devout and good people in all the worlds religions

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

OfflineMagic Mushrooms 4L
Stranger
Male
Loc: Germany
Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: smokescreen]
    #22240621 - 09/15/15 12:17 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Hope its ok to regrab this old thread :wink:

I want to talk about the refugees which are overwhelming europa right now. Many people say, that the americans shouild participiate to the costs of all refugees, because after the US wars in middle east the region is destabilized and so many people flew to europe. Do you think the US should participated to the high costs? Some one even said, that the immigration wave was well planned to fill up europa with foreign immigrants, which will destroy the economy and society because it is TOO much (f.e. germany got this year 1% of its inhabitans  with immigrants, 800k - 1mio).

In my opinion, the deep cause is poverty and this caused by mechanics of capitalism, which EVER INCLUDES wars and enslavement. So lets finish the capitalism era nad go to the next periode, the postcapitalism where firstly HUMANITY counts.

PS: I guess many failures of grammar in my post, maybe you can tell me where I have most problems in my english :wink:

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms 4Life! They are one of the best tools to talk with god and get enlightened :smile:

InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost
Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: Magic Mushrooms 4L]
    #22240710 - 09/15/15 12:40 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

This thread belongs in the 1990's.

OfflinePatlal
Award Winning Slumlord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: America the evil. Interesting facts about our country. [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22240750 - 09/15/15 12:47 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

The natives really get the wrong end of the stick.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub