Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
Afterglow or something better?
    #2970825 - 08/06/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ok well about 5 days ago I got up, put an unmeasured amount of mushroom powder and an unmeasured amount of chopped mushrooms into a cup of ice water and made some tea.  After brewing for 10 minutes it was drank, but there was little tiny bits of mushrooms EVERYWHERE in the cup so I ended up just using that cup as my water cup for the day and filled it up and drank it probably 5+ times. 

So, the comeup is kicking my ass big time, I'm stuck to the floor having a good laugh about how much I'm getting knocked around inside.  I never had had tea before so I didn't realize how rocky the comeup was going to be.

I don't remember the order that I did stuff in, but for a while I was playing guitar (which was way fun) and chilling in the living room.  Then I decided to go outside, and WOW!!  Intense euphoria and respect for everything.  It was a sunny bright day with beautiful billowing clouds everywhere that were painting portraits and epic archaic scenes.

So I'm walking along through the shade of some aspen and through the sun and all I can think (literally) is "I love love" and "I love life" "love love love".  Haha.  After a while this became pretty damn funny too, how many times the word love popped into my mind.

Right now I'm just starting my life.  Maybe I'll be a writer, I thought.  It doesn't matter.  Whatever I do and wherever I go will be perfect for me.  I see the sun in the trees, and I feel the psychedelic breeze.  It's so beautiful I almost cry (later I will cry while lying down on a wooden bench in the back yard looking at the sky.  Not because I'm sad.  I'm so happy).

So I make it around to the other part of the yard eventually, and sit down in the grass.  I feel so loved, so at peace, so warm (this day it was actually over 100 degrees, but I didn't realize it until after I was done tripping).  Of course, epiphany.  This is all for me, and everything is perfect.  Everything I have done in the past had meaning and purpose.  I am so grateful that I was ready and allowed to experience this that I can do nothing but sit in the grass.  I love the world I have been given, and how good my life is.  I almost don't feel worthy of feeling so good.  And I am grateful, too, that I can see my life for what it really is.

The grass is so beautiful.  All of a sudden I become aware that I can hear everything going on in the background.  The buzz of insects, cars passing by, the breeze blowing past my skin.  I lean forward, hands reaching into the ground, but the lower half of my body in full lotus.  I close my eyes, and I begin to connect with the earth.  I almost don't feel worthy to have such a pure and loving oneness and unity with the earth.  So I think, hmm...I'm still kind of warm.  A breeze would be nice.  So I blew, not with my lips but with my soul.  And a refreshing cool breeze whisked past my skin and through my hair.  Beauty.

I go to the bench to lay down and cry at the sky and how grateful and loving I feel.  I'm so glad to be on this Earth and have this opportunity.  This is perfect.

Then I go inside, trip is over.  It probably was the most spiritual and happiest time of my life.

My question is this:  Still, 5 days later, the feeling of fascination with nature, and just general happiness lingers in my thoughts.  Is this just the afterglow effect?  If so, I've never had it even close to this scale before.  Truly we are all blessed that we can learn so much from mushrooms.  So is this temporary or more of a permanent thing?

Also I guess I just wanted to share.  I'm now very thankful for all the things I have (when before I probably was taking a lot more stuff for granted)

Have any of you permanently changed your outlook on life from mushrooms?

I rambled more than I originally intended to, my bad  :blush:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: Afterglow or something better? [Re: CrazyJulio]
    #2971323 - 08/06/04 08:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I HAVE GREAT NEWS!

It is not an afterglow...unless of course your ego can convince you otherwise, but then what would the point of asking this question be?

The real answer is: do you enjoy these thought patterns? If so, keep them. The difficulty of this is up to you.

Oh...and I just saved 10% on my insurance by switching to Geico!

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (08/06/04 08:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order