Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
1st-5th trip report * 1
    #29683213 -

My first post here..

I know this forum is meant to be for the first trip.. but so far after 5 attempts it doesn't seem to have happened as expected, so I want to give a synopsis of the experience(s) and reach out to see if anyone can cast any light or assist.

Background. 68, don't feel old, don't feel young. Relatively fit/healthy, married, family. Spent the majority of my life and career in engineering, the sciences and disciplined, though exciting, recreation. It all felt right and controllable. Around 2016 after quite a life 'event' I realised that what I thought was the way of everything in the world clearly wasn't, and I found a deep need to find out more. I read plenty until one day I read Entangled Life which started the journey to opening the doors.

This year I successfully grew my first batch of GT's, then a second, then a third.. but I couldn't pluck up the courage to try them, so stocks were building.. all crispy dried and sealed. I knew no-one I could feel comfortable discussing it with.

A chance trip to France had me staying in a beautiful calm and serene setting and a chance comment confirmed the owner (a friend) was a regular and very level headed mushroom user. I explained my conundrum and he suggested that this would be a perfect location, environment and that he would happily oversee. He is 100% trustworthy

The first time I ate 2.5gm of 'partially dried' GT's which he said was a gentle dose that he took when he just needed a slight break from reality. It did nothing at all. After 2-3 hours visuals were no more than you get when scrunching your eyes with your knuckles. Completely coherent and in control. He was very surprised.

Some days later we had a second go, same dose. Same result. After 3 hours he said he was very puzzled and provided a full dose of synthetic Psy extract in a drink. He said it was what he used when he was out of stock of the real thing. Nothing. Not a single thing. So by now I had taken the equivalent of about 5mg. I was quite disillusioned.

On returning home I felt comfortable enough to try my own stock.

Same dose but ground fine and mixed with a fizzy lemon drink. Very mild visuals, only if I closed my eyes. Nothing more.

A month later a 4th attempt. 3gm ground fine in fresh lemon juice on an empty stomach. A degree of nausea, not bad, more intense visuals which were quite stressful, but these only manifested with my eyes closed. Slightly dream like state, a lot of deja vu. Not at all calm or peaceful.

5th attempt another month on (September). Same dose but ground into Diet Coke in an attempt to mask the taste. Very quick onset, about 15 minutes, very strong visuals, unpleasant hallucinations that I was negotiating (unsuccessfully) with someone. Lots of deja vu again. Quite nauseous, some mild rigors and a sensation that I was speaking constantly but nothing coming out.

So far, that's been my experience with MM's.. not at all pleasant, no feeling of oneness or separation from my conscious being, no overwhelming emotions, no feeling of connection, no feeling of clarity of the big picture.

I'm definitely not giving up as I am determined to see through the veil, one way or another, but can anyone give me any answers to what is happening and what, if anything, should I change or what am I doing wrong?

I'm dreading a reply that says 'some folk are immune to the effects' or 'some folks will always have an unpleasant trip' as that will leave me very little option but to find an alternative. And I don't want to go there.

Mushrooms seem to have played such an integral part in our evolution and maybe even the journey to becoming conscious, sentient beings that any other chemical method seems to me to be too clinical and synthetic.

Any help, advice, suggestions, warnings, encouragement etc. would be warmly appreciated.

Tim
UK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 1st-5th trip report [Re: Timgander]
    #29683541 -

This is only my opinion/experience. It's been a few years since I last did mushrooms. The experience is unique to everyone and trips for the same person can be totally different from each other. Some people describe enlightenment but it's not necessarily always the case for everybody. Sometimes it's just a good time (or a bad time when the trip is something you woul rather not wanted to have experienced). I've had good and bad trips. The following website has good information tripsafe.org. Rather than chasing what others claim to have experienced maybe be open to an experience that will be unique to you. My first trip I wanted to address my depression and made a playlist with baroque music, got comfortable in bed and used a mask to block the light coming to my eyes. The music sounded amazing, way better than sober and some close eye visuals appeared and changed with the music. And I enjoyed that experience. There was some enlightenment but it hasn't happened in all trips. To be honest, some trips have made me experience past trauma again. Other trips have taken me through hell and heaven in the same session. Just be open to an altered state of mind without trying to control what the trip will bring you. Avoid negativity a few days before the trip, don't watch the news, don't go in social media, maybe watch documentaries about nature. Practice meditation well in advance of your trips if possible.

Let's see what others have to say. Feel free to reach out and good luck. Nothing wrong with using the mushrooms for a good time. Even if it seems mundane, enjoyment of life is part of an enlightened life.

And welcome to the shroomery.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What makes a good trip report?? Dogomush 5,382 15 04/24/25 09:47 PM
by mycomagician84
* Trip Report: 3 Shrooms from my PF tek cake. whole9 4,918 8 08/25/03 12:52 PM
by whole9
* The Key to Happiness is in the mind - an LSD trip report.... jono 8,109 16 11/22/10 10:25 PM
by SteezeMonkey
* TRIP REPORT: 3.5 grams Pt:1 and Pt:2 (UPDATE) Anonymous 1,500 8 11/18/03 09:11 AM
by Anonymous
* Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures MOTH 2,178 10 11/19/03 11:46 PM
by MOTH
* My very first time---trip report beautiful_loser 3,924 9 10/12/02 12:08 AM
by djamor
* Trip Report - Mescaline (Peruvian Torch Cacti) Moronacracy 8,305 11 05/03/09 12:08 PM
by krypto2000
* trip report, mazatapecs and tasmanias Edge 4,094 3 08/31/03 03:17 AM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie
40 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.