Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Tapestry

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures
    #2115432 - 11/17/03 08:56 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Beautiful, amazing experience.  The best ever. 

Trip Report:

The setting:  My living room, after moving the coffee table against the far wall and placing a thick warm carpet of blankets, open sleeping bags and pillows all across the floor.  The sliding glass door was pushed open to allow a cool breeze and the pattering sounds of rain to filter through the room.  Atmosphere was ambient and pleasing.  Music was B-Tribe, gentle pulsing drums overlaid by other instruments. 

Leanthony came over about 6:00, and we all painted pictures with soothing high-octave playing (B-Tribe) until 7:00 rolled around.  We did the ritual measuring of the shrooms, the boys having 3 grams each and myself having 4 grams.  Leanthoney and I ate them plain very quickly while Kevin struggled and gagged to get them down.  (He ended up eating them in soup after barfing)

As Kevin was forcing down his mushie-stew, I began to feel the first signs of my trip coming on.  I started to feel very heavy.  My arms and legs felt detached from my body and my vision began to brighten the room.  I could see the detail of everything.  Leanthoney reported the same.

It was a rough come up.  I knew, from past experience, that anxiety and sickness for the first 30ish minutes or so of the trip was completely normal, so I tried not to pay any attention even though my mind was busily toying with me.  My stomach felt twisted and upset, and I had a few negative thoughts such as contemplating very darkly on how I was just a druggie in my apartment.  I felt sour and distraught, staring upward at the ceiling until Kevin came to lay with me.  Leanthoney was on the couch.  We were all launching into a heavy trip. 

Then something happened.  I feel like I lost a portion of time.  One moment I was curled on the softness of the floor feeling sick and negative, the next moment I was hopelessly lost and my breath taken away at the beautiful tapestry I saw in the ceiling. 

I caught my breath and couldn't tear my eyes away.  My sickness was gone, my anxiety was gone.  I felt nothing but peace inside of me, and amazement at what was being revealed to me.  It was so real.  It was an elaborate Aztec city in a vast jungle, everything perfectly proportioned and detailed, basked in a golden light and with hints of green whirling here and there.  It was spectacular.  So intricate and stunning.  Hidden in the trees, eyes blinked out at me.  A majestic temple rose swirling out of the jungle and I felt a twinge of fear at the reality of the unreality.  I could see every block of stone, every idol; every single diminutive detail caught my eye.  Through the trees, I saw the lake were people caught fish to feed their families.  I saw monkey's smiling out at me from the trees, and saw grand elephants staring somberly back at me.  I remember saying as I stared in rapture at the wonder I saw, "words cannot describe...words cannot describe".  Even now, I can't think of any word to do it justice.  It was unreal. 

Staring up and gasping for breath at the shocking beauty of the Aztec city in the wild embrace of the jungle, I marveled at the ability of the mind to produce these images.  I had never seen anything like it; ever.  In past trips I had intense visuals, but never anything to match the magnitude or detail of what I saw that night.

I became lost in the hidden crevices of my own mind, the pathways and the elusive destinations all swirled in lovely chaos to my grasping awareness.  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.  I felt as though I was frozen in time, lost forever in the magnificent glare of the golden tapestry high above me. 

The wind was blowing in refreshingly cool from the sliding glass mirror.  I looked away from my beautiful tapestry, my masterpiece of the mind, to see my cat Mystique stalk by me.  Geometric shapes lingered in swirling colors in his fur.  I reached my hands out to him, and he curled in my arms, and the soft texture of his fur overwhelmed my senses.  I saw Kevin and Leanthoney laying against the side of the couch, each lost in their own personal wonder. 

I experienced true happiness then, my soul fluttering with bliss and pleasure.  I don't think I've felt that intense happiness very often, but it caught me as I stroked the smooth skin of Kevin's arm and leaned against Leathoney's firm abdomen.  I felt as though I were in some tree-top city high above the earth and that nothing could harm me here in this magical place; that I was safe and oh, so blissful where I lay. 

We talked for awhile in a manner that only people who are tripping together and emotionally bonded could understand.  The CD changed again to my new Shpongle one, and energetic rhythms pounded through our skulls as the atmosphere of the room changed once more.  Thunderstorms of powerful music made me cringe inside myself, even as I felt as though I were purring with anticipation. 

At one point I went to the bathroom, but when I came back, I was lost again as I stared at the ceiling.  Rows of eyes blinked back at me, so detailed and real that I could see the veins throbbing over their lids.  They stared at me so intently, and I stared back.  I couldn't look away.  I think I stood there for about an hour before I moved onward to new wonders. 

During the trip at some time, I wrote some gibberish that I had meant for myself to remember.  This is what I wrote:

Fresh-healthy-be-me
Love-Chaos
Grow weed...dreamworld
Five

I know what they all meant now and I love writing stuff down when I'm tripping. 

There is so much that went on, but the highlight was the Aztec city I saw in the ceiling.  It was so real.  I still can't believe I saw something of that magnitude.  Spectacular. 

Some other things we did while tripping was painting pictures, singing, dancing, and looking at trippy photos that I have.  It was all wonderful. 

I'm still reeling from the impact this trip had on me.  I have so many things to think about.  It was fantastic.  I had the experience of a lifetime.  And I have only the shroomery to thank for making this possible.  :heart:

-ShadeGirl

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: MOTH]
    #2115909 - 11/17/03 12:37 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

good report! sounds like you had an amazing trip.

I need to do this again soon... :grin:

Offlinepotato
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: stefan]
    #2116773 - 11/17/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

good report. whenever i've tried writing down things when i trip i always give up. i always end up scribbling and doodling until i forget what it was i was gonna do with that weird thing in my hand.

--------------------
follow the circle sur la plage
on a monocolored trip voyage

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2116997 - 11/17/03 04:52 PM (13 years, 21 days ago)

omy... i need to trip, lol. that was inspiritational :-) can't wait. i love the beautiful landscapes, the incredible worlds that one can visit simply by closing the eyes

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: entiformatie]
    #2118006 - 11/17/03 08:59 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

entiformatie said:
omy... i need to trip, lol. that was inspiritational :-) 

my thoughts exactly.  Thanks for a GREAT read :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: Noviseer]
    #2120014 - 11/18/03 03:46 PM (13 years, 20 days ago)

Nice one.

Your mind can be a fantastic friend.
That to me is true religion.

That moment when you completely lose yourself to the beauty of whats unfolding in front of you and everything goes golden green.

Perfect clarity and a sense of wonder at what you've just discovered.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #2121875 - 11/19/03 05:15 AM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Glad you all liked it!  It really was my most rewarding trip to date.  :smile: 

InvisibleAlien
Galactic Shaman

Loc: Jupiter's Moon
    #2123465 - 11/19/03 07:20 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

Thanks for posting that, I really enjoyed reading it.  :thumbup:

I have to say that you have had a trip that is the kind that hooks us in to the fungi. Once you have had one, you will never forget it. Your cultivation practices will become so much more important and the attitude towards it.

One thing for people to note is she had 4 gms, which means that you don't always need really high doses to have that experience. I have had them like that on 3 g's. For some reason, these kind of trips just seem to happen at random, not everytime

Peering into cities is a cherished moment, I look forward to when the fungi picks my time again, it will you too.

Peace  :heart: 

--------------------
-Alien :cool:

Alien Substrate Instructional:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG82xLzrNg8

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: Alien]
    #2124111 - 11/20/03 01:02 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Yes, it seemed completely random!  But that made it even more special to me.  It was fantastic.  *happy sigh*  :smile:  :heart: 

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #2124132 - 11/20/03 01:25 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Excellent report! You make me want to try them again..... That yearning for magic has begun to stir, I don't know if I want to stop it!

What kind of prep did you do for this trip? read anything, see anything on tv?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Mingling with Ancient Cultures [Re: blink]
    #2124157 - 11/20/03 01:46 AM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Hi :smile:

Well, for two days beforehand I focused on nothing but positive things.  I am a natural pessimist, so it was hard but I really tried to soak in all the positive vibes I could. I just generally became a nicer person for two days...things that usually bothered me, I didn't let bother me.  :smile: 

I read a few chapters out of a gothic type fantasy novel two hours before the trip, and a half hour before the trip I listening to soothing music while painting just a random picture and focusing on my breathing to get relaxed and calm.  The setting was comfortable and welcoming too. 

Then it was measuring time!  :grin:

Thats about it...I think being positive helped more then anything.  I've never felt so happy in my life as I did while tripping that night. 

Glad to have inspired so many people!  :heart: :smile:

-ShadeGirl 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle, Tapestry

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports