Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | | Last >
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 4
    #29667377 -

Cake update, my gambler cakes I call them, older spores, so who knows, but no luck with the APE Revert (so far, plenty of spores), or Tasmanian (no shortage of spores either), the AA+ however never disappoints me, my last purchase from an old source that is bust these days, but hey, four of four... Score for Cake Wars, I can dig it. 




2 pics of 1 jar, growth on top and bottom








Same here, two pics 1 jar, NICE growth on the top and peeking out of the bottom. 





I refreshed the prints in 21' I've had this one around for a good 8+ years, the print I used was from late 22' 

This round of jars are MSS, I did revive another print from 21', given to me as Homestead  PE, NO issues with those spores, killing it on Agar.  All the best Cultivators.


Edited by MushLuvR77 (09/13/26 11:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: ogelite]
    #29667499 -

I asked because the inoculation points look like they’re close to the bottom of the jars and standard needles don’t reach down that far. Are you using longer transfer needles?
The jars do look good.

Edited by The Tao (09/13/26 01:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: ogelite]
    #29667812 -

ogelite said:


Going strong :awesomenod:



Jar to the left looks bacterial or moldy kinda tho I'm inexperienced in cakes so can't say if itl do what it supposed to


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29667836 -

Ut Oh, I think I see an APE Revert half pint showing growth. 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29667926 -

Lots of good lookin myc! Peace to all.


--------------------
Peace to you, friend!
The HHG is a guide to getting started.
New User Welcome Wagon
GROWER’S BEST photo contest: join the fun!
CAKE WARS III - Starts SEPT 1, 2026

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird]
    #29667955 -

flapping_bird said:
Lots of good lookin myc! Peace to all.




I’m over here like :begger: 

I innoced MSS into the center of my jars a few days ago and don’t see sheeeeeit. Hopefully when I’m back from my trip in a week we will have good news. I did do one B+ in tall 1/2 pint that has growth, but that’s not the one I want to enter!!! I just wanted spores!!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 2
    #29668084 -

I just see success here..:smug:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: JoeTherapist] * 1
    #29668103 -

JoeTherapist said:
flapping_bird said:
Lots of good lookin myc! Peace to all.




I’m over here like :begger: 

I innoced MSS into the center of my jars a few days ago and don’t see sheeeeeit. Hopefully when I’m back from my trip in a week we will have good news. I did do one B+ in tall 1/2 pint that has growth, but that’s not the one I want to enter!!! I just wanted spores!!



Going from spore takes longer than other methods and going in the center takes longer to show too- but once you see it it goes fast! Center is the way in my view, once the outside is white you know the inside is too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bluescreen] * 2
    #29668106 -

id rather side nocc, easier to spot contaminants or misgrowth, but thats just me..

Good luck people and stay alert, for Cakewonder is watching over you:)

:smug::ohgodpleaseno:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 2
    #29668124 -

bluescreen said:
Going from spore takes longer than other methods and going in the center takes longer to show too- but once you see it it goes fast! Center is the way in my view, once the outside is white you know the inside is too.



It depends... If the print is relatively fresh, it starts up in two days. And if you're working with an aggressive strain/colonizer, the differences aren't that big.

In fact, 6 MS cakes colonized faster for me than 6 jars of LI. The mycelium took longer to wake up after being shaken than the MS did to show activity.

Cakewonder said:
id rather side nocc, easier to spot contaminants or misgrowth, but thats just me..




Yeah, I also prefer side ports — for that exact same reason. :awesomenod:

Even so, the fastest method is probably the center port: inserting the needle at about a 45-degree angle and inoculating while rotating the jar until you make a full turn. But... I'm in no rush.




Some of them are on their first day of consolidation today, others tomorrow. There's one that's acting a bit lazy... 10 days since inoculation. Maybe in 5 days I can pull one out.

Edit: Hugs :heart:


--------------------
"Little shark in da bathtub"

Edited by Belintaf (09/14/26 05:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Belintaf] * 2
    #29668141 -

they look fantastic man..:smile:


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: flapping_bird] * 3
    #29668180 -

I've never done PF/BRF.

I'm in for the experience!
:bunnypeace:


--------------------

Just happy to be here!

Currently working on:
  • Solanum Dulcamara - Propagation.
  • Cake Wars III
  • Early Dev Survival Horror Game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cicadoidea]
    #29668187 -

try it


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder]
    #29668188 -

[:whathesaid::smug:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bloodssonnew] * 1
    #29668200 -

:smug: I know..im so cool


--------------------
The PF Tek is my area.:oldman:

Where all anonymity is lost, there cannot exist a person.

Where one cannot avoid to share, there is God

www.zamnesia.nl
RustyWhyte is Commercial!



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cakewonder] * 4
    #29668202 -

I'll be gathering the resources this weekend.
:cheers:


--------------------

Just happy to be here!

Currently working on:
  • Solanum Dulcamara - Propagation.
  • Cake Wars III
  • Early Dev Survival Horror Game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: Cicadoidea] * 1
    #29668326 -

Cicadoidea said:
I've never done PF/BRF.

I'm in for the experience!
:bunnypeace:



Welcome to the wor

:minigun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: langten69] * 3
    #29668412 -

The coir-brf cakes I did from the plate print are looking okayish. Crappy picture though (:



The ones that were done from LI made from random aged plates looked like I injected straight trich in there, so I yeeted these :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: bloodssonnew]
    #29668417 -

bloodssonnew said:
ogelite said:


Going strong :awesomenod:



Jar to the left looks bacterial or moldy kinda tho I'm inexperienced in cakes so can't say if itl do what it supposed to



Bro i think they are good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CAKE WARS III - Starts Sept 1, 2026! [Re: ogelite]
    #29668430 -

I can understand questioning the left jar for mold but not bacteria. It looks a bit grey between the two jars but I considered that a reflection. Static pictures, reflections and editing can throw people off.
If it is mold it’ll progress. I think it’s fine.

Edited by The Tao (09/14/26 02:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: Cakes are stalling! Help! Grower 1,605 11 05/07/01 07:55 PM
by BrownPastures
* abhorts on top of cake pleezr 991 2 01/14/02 03:43 PM
by pleezr
* Fucken with the cakes 2 (pic)
( 1 2 all )
Magash 3,071 22 10/31/02 09:22 PM
by Magash
* Re: a few questions about my cakes? Anonymous 791 2 12/05/99 02:58 PM
by Anonymous
* bluing cakes - please help! Mercuria 944 1 08/19/01 02:36 PM
by Lana
* transferring cakes...ideas? chunder 808 1 08/13/02 04:53 AM
by FanaTEK
* Re: Difference between cakes and harvest.
( 1 2 3 all )
lounge lizard 6,244 42 03/25/01 07:06 AM
by Anonymous
* cake disintegrated when picked up !! aenima 745 3 05/25/02 05:32 AM
by Iowa Rasta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
7,018 topic views. 11 members, 76 guests and 126 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.