Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
DubJug Tek * 2
    #29650296 -

I haven't seen anyone do this sort of chamber, so I'm posting it for posterity.

I took 2 - 5 gallon water jugs, cut the bottom off of one and the top off of another, and put them together and they fit like a glove without any adhesive or fasteners.

I cut 3 holes in the top one, and cut one hole in the bottom one for FAE. I used micropore tape over the holes. It keeps RH very high effortlessly.

Im sure someone has done something like this but I havent seen a post about it, so here ya go.






Edited by langten69 (08/18/26 01:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29650325 -

You probably could have used one jug, and flip the top so the spout is inside, but there are pins going down, hopefully it finishes out well.  Keep us updated and GL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29650995 -



Fuzzy feet were forming so I opened up the micropore on the top and placed a fan to blow some extra airflow in the chamber.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29650999 -

You are tracking the surface, watching the pins and seeing how they react is where it's at.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29651083 -

As soon as the first flush is harvested, im gonna remove the bulk of the second jug and just leave the spout as a removable lid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29651121 -

Thick pinset, keep doin' whatcha' doin'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29651650 -

So i couldn't wait and went ahead and modified the lid. It definitely looks sexier this way. Thanks MushLuv for the suggestion.


One fun guy growing faster than the rest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29651656 -

Probably going to be a big monster fruit, crossing fingers to the finish line.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69] * 1
    #29651664 -

That shape lid will keep condensate from raining on your sub and fruits. Might wanna tell Beef, he's looking for that.


--------------------
It takes guts to be
gentle and kind

Another way to live

Your ego is your nemesis.
Seek the truth tirelessly,
Even at the cost of your own sanity.
-fiddle_head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: LadysKnight]
    #29651671 -

I've thought about doing this cause I have a ton of those jugs. Excited to see how it goes! Looks good so far.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #29651694 -

LadysKnight said:
That shape lid will keep condensate from raining on your sub and fruits. Might wanna tell Beef, he's looking for that.



We were talking about that same problem the other day, the infamous drip,drip drip, straight to trich town. This is why some wipe or shake the lid, build up is inevitable, and it will bite you sooner or later. 

P.S I grew up with my dad playing Kool and the Gang albums, hated it as a kid, the normal, who wants to like their dads' music, until they do (around 12).  My father played anything from Led Zeppelin to Marvin Gaye, and anything in between, depending on his "mood". It's one thing we share in common, but not much else, but I do appreciate the diversity of music bestowed upon me. 

"MMMM... Sophisticated Mama"  I couldn't help myself.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (08/20/26 12:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29651734 -

Added tiny holes all around the base to let C02 evacuate, like those bins that supposedly get max yields


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29651735 -

MushLuvR77 said:
P.S I grew up with my dad playing Kool and the Gang albums



I love Kool and the Gang. Jungle boogie is top 10 songs of all time

Edited by langten69 (08/20/26 02:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29651781 -

There is a reason that song has been in countless movies, definitely a Classic!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: langten69]
    #29651993 -

langten69 said:
Added tiny holes all around the base to let C02 evacuate, like those bins that supposedly get max yields





You know CO2 doesn't stratify at the bottom like you think it does.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29652181 -

DV8DUG said:
langten69 said:
Added tiny holes all around the base to let C02 evacuate, like those bins that supposedly get max yields





You know CO2 doesn't stratify at the bottom like you think it does.



Really, please elaborate, where does co2 build up then.

Edited by MushLuvR77 (08/21/26 11:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29652239 -

DV8DUG said:
You know CO2 doesn't stratify at the bottom like you think it does.



MushLuvR77 said:
Really, please elaborate, where does co2 build up then.



I'm curious about this too. I thought it was heavier than air but also that the main CO2 evac route wasn't "falling out the low holes" as much as low + high holes allowing evaporation and heat differences to create suction/movement that cycles air throughout. But def not an expert.

Reminds me I need to check on a bunch of shoebox airflow simulations I tried running some weeks ago and forgot about.


--------------------


.~`  ๐”… ๐”ž ๐”ค ๐”ข ๐”ฉ  ๐Ÿฅฏ  ๐”… ๐”ฆ ๐”ฑ ๐”ข ๐”ฐ  `~.
:salute: CAKE WARS III HAPPENING NOW :salute:

๐Ÿงช Castellani Preservation | ๐Ÿ”ฌ The Slidewich | โ˜ ๏ธ Touchless skull sterilizer | ๐Ÿ“ธ Agar plate scanner


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: Rasmodius]
    #29652248 -

Gas molecules has high kinetic energy that constantly drives them to collide and bounce around so even the slightest movement will keep CO2 and Oxygen mixed.

Man, I don't know how many times a noob brewer comes along saying it's okay to open the fermentert to dryhop a beer because there is a protective layer of CO2 over the beer. As soon as you open the fermentert the Oxygen will mix with the CO2.

Usually it's fine though because the yeast will use that Oxygen pretty fast, but with a hop forward beer I would never :uhoh:


--------------------
โ€œAll Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.โ€
โ€• Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29652265 -

But it is possible to suffocate in your own exhaled breath If you are in zero g.

Gravity is weird. I blame apples.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: DubJug Tek [Re: DV8DUG]
    #29652323 -

DV8DUG said:
You know CO2 doesn't stratify at the bottom like you think it does.



I believe like kloak said its all mixed in with the oxygen due to fae.

Ive been reading posts on monotub physics for the past week or so to wrap my head around it. Which lead me to Pasty's ez diales monos. Im probably going to apply that to the jug

This is my first time fruiting the jug so i am dialing in the variables. Thank you all for the feedback.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* temp too high for my SGFC? Plutonian 2,155 3 11/02/09 08:16 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Can I turn my monotub into a SGFC? **Update w/ Pics 1-28**
( 1 2 3 all )
Mastermind729 9,925 54 01/28/10 09:45 PM
by Mastermind729
* Can I run a SGFC with out a hygrometer for the first week or two? Base Icks 2,380 13 05/06/10 11:46 AM
by 13shrooms
* New Tek is complete, What do you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
NewbieShroomer 26,082 47 05/15/23 07:15 PM
by johnukguy
* invitro tek for those of you interested
( 1 2 all )
IDontGrow 35,174 29 04/12/15 08:34 AM
by handicappergeneral
* Invitro Bulk Tek Version 1.2 ShroomZilla007 20,270 12 05/15/23 04:54 AM
by Stromrider
* outdoor SGFC?
( 1 2 all )
Breadnbutterfly86 4,638 21 05/06/10 04:09 PM
by letsburn
* So I had to combine SGFCs to hide from rents... (PICS) Satyapriya 2,235 14 02/08/10 11:57 AM
by RogerRabbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
734 topic views. 9 members, 50 guests and 103 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.