Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1242 | 1243 | 1244 | 1245 | 1246 | 1247 | 1248 | 1249 | 1250 | 1251 | 1252 | 1253 | 1254 | 1255 | 1256 | 1257 | 1258 | 1259 | 1260 | 1261 | 1262 |
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Generic]
    #29610581 -

I'd call it PC pachanoi or Trichocereus pachanpoi PC

PC = Predominant cultivar. Basically it was a clone that was mass propagated in the USA and planted a lot in people's gardens and landscape planting. It was the predominant cultivar that people were encountering and was named as such.

It's the stepped and not rounded spaces between areoles that are the stand out for this cultivar. True pachanoi tend to have rounded parts between areoles.

Just google the name and you will see the differences. Keeper Trout's written a bunch on it too.

Flowers can either be quick or slow. Warm temperatures have them developing quickly while cool slows things down.
Flowers only really last for 1 night. They open fully at night too. They're pollinated by Bats or moths in nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Nichrome]
    #29612747 -

Nichrome said:
Fryburn said:
Curious about what you all would do with this Bridge. It’s my baby that have had far longer than the others, neglected because of life getting in the way and then brought back to its glory. That said, I’m nervous about chopping on it but it’s getting close to the light and I’m out of room. Almost 3 ft now.


Here’s some other standouts atm:
- TBM B



-TBM A


- Crested Pach (finally took to the pot and is starting to shoot new green growth out the bottom)




Root the top chunky 6-8 inches, cut the middle out and consume it, and leave about 3-4 inches above the soil to pup out.



You think that’d be enough to feel anything? I’ve never eaten/done any before so I have 0 experience with that. How should I go about consuming it?


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Fryburn]
    #29613208 -

You ask those questions in The Psychedelic Experience forum. This forum isn't for dosage discussion.

Quote:
No dosage advice. Please take these queries to The Psychedelic Experience forum. Some dosage advice will be tolerated for the more rare ethnobotanicals/entheogens as other forums may not have this knowledge. The main focus of this forum is about growing plants. Remember this



EG Forum Rules


(I need to get mod status back for this forum)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: karode13] * 5
    #29613218 -

Fields T. peruvianus ROSEI #1



Fields T. peruvinaus ROSEI #2




T.bridgesii SINA



T.bridgesii JOYLENE (I got this from her at a cactus and succulent meeting years ago. It's a pretty rad cultivar)





I think this is just T.bridgesii MELTED WAX. I can't be bothered checking the tag



Just a group with T.bridgesii Eileen at the front centre. Back left is T. bridgesii BENDIGO. Right of that T. peruvinaus ROSEI #2. Far left is T.bridgesii MELTED WAX.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: karode13] * 3
    #29614750 -















Some pics for you guys! First one was the last rbm9 I released this year. It's been extremely popular on reddit recently, and I'm all for it. More mutants in the post. I need more stock! Mini grafts are my thiiiiing and I need more in my life!


--------------------
thumbprint

Grafting cactus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: karode13]
    #29616263 -

karode13 said:
You ask those questions in The Psychedelic Experience forum. This forum isn't for dosage discussion.

Quote:
No dosage advice. Please take these queries to The Psychedelic Experience forum. Some dosage advice will be tolerated for the more rare ethnobotanicals/entheogens as other forums may not have this knowledge. The main focus of this forum is about growing plants. Remember this



EG Forum Rules


(I need to get mod status back for this forum)



All I was doing was responding to what I was told to do lol. Sorry.

Side note, here’s some cactus:



Chala that had rot on the tip so I had to behead it. Now after a month and a half or so, we have new growth. And it’s looking gnarly.


--------------------
Just chillin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Fryburn] * 6
    #29617789 -

My TBM.Just got it the other day. 😀




Edited by hiredgoons (07/05/26 05:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: hiredgoons] * 5
    #29620623 -

Here are mine. There are different kinds. Peruvian torch, Bolivian torch, and idk a hybrid. 'Icaros DNA'pachanoi x ?, 'clyde' pach x Peru. And i think one came from a crested one. Idk which is which really. Maybe someone can tell me.

Edited by Hobbit GDF (07/09/26 03:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Hobbit GDF] * 3
    #29623531 -

Damn there are some amazing Trichocereus in here...

I just got a pretty nice Pachanoi/Peruvianus hybrid which is sitting in a rather tiny pot which will easily fall over. Which size would you use for a 60cm tall one with a 10cm root system? I've got a 18cm pot and one 25cm, I'm thinking the 18cm should be more optimal for this size or should I chose the large one for more stability?



--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (07/13/26 10:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: SkanskKorv]
    #29623920 -

A question for more experienced growers. Ive got a few trichs in one gallon pots that I'd like to put into the ground in my yard. Problem is, I've got really dense heavy clay soil. Like hard to even dig with a shovel, dense.

What's a good way to get around this? Is it even a problem? Everything says they need good draining soil to prevent root rot but i know planting in-ground is a little different than in pots.

The yard currently has lots of succulents that seem to do ok and everything is on a slight slope so gravity does help with draining excess water.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Galt] * 2
    #29623992 -

@SkanskKorv- The bigger the pot the better really. I'd say go with the 25cm pot if you can make it work space wise.

@Galt- I don't have any experience with growing trichs in the ground, but the soil where I live has high clay content. Gypsum is good at helping to soften hard clay soil, and so is adding organic matter like peat or compost in the planting hole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: hummingbird]
    #29624005 -

hummingbird said:
@SkanskKorv- The bigger the pot the better really. I'd say go with the 25cm pot if you can make it work space wise.

@Galt- I don't have any experience with growing trichs in the ground, but the soil where I live has high clay content. Gypsum is good at helping to soften hard clay soil, and so is adding organic matter like peat or compost in the planting hole.



That makes things much easier... I've been reading you want a pot that's just a few cm bigger than the roots but this will make it hard to stabilise it so the bigger one sounds like a plan.

I've been using potting soil and perlite for these babies before but I doubt this is optimal. What do you use and why can I see clovers growing in your pots as well, does it benefit the cactus? They look absolutely awesome


--------------------

Edited by SkanskKorv (07/14/26 02:04 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: SkanskKorv] * 2
    #29624011 -

A bigger root system will give you better growth. I think the slightly bigger pot rule is more for smaller globular type cacti, mostly because of possible overwatering issues with more soil. Trichocereus can take quite a bit of water when it's warm and they are actively growing, so that's less of an issue IME.

I use potting soil with added perlite, pumice, or scoria. I like pumice the best, but it's expensive and hard to find where I live. Quite a few of my trichocereus are in old recycled cannabis soil with added aeration.

The clover looking stuff is oxalis. I'm not sure where it came from. There's no benefit, but it doesn't really seem detrimental either. I'd get rid of it honestly, but it's proving really hard to do that. I'm kind of viewing it like herpes or something at this point, and learning to live with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: hummingbird]
    #29624019 -

Ooh okay this makes shit so much easier because I've been wondering how to get these heavy beauties to stand upright in such a small base. I mean I've got rocks to weigh it down with but I don't think they'll be enough since they'll be standing next to an open balcony window on the 6th floor so I don't want to be charged for manslaughter when one of these fall right on my sunbathing neighbours' head:awesome:

I guess I'll stick with this soil mix then! I haven't had any issues with it but read that pitting soil is bad, doesn't seem like it halted your grows though so I'll keep going with the 50/50 perlite and soil.

Oh... Well your genital herpes looks smashing:naughty: I had something similar on an Alocasia tandurusa but it didn't hitchhike when I replanted it.

Which fertilizer do you use? I've been using this which seems to be fine but I'd love to know if there are any better options


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: SkanskKorv] * 4
    #29624156 -











Here's a hodgepodge of plants. I like the mutants the most personally 🤠


--------------------
thumbprint

Grafting cactus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Mike4aco] * 3
    #29624417 -

Those look fire, talking about mutants i grafted a lw cristate few days ago and can't stop thinking about the tricho rootstock.
Am I tripping or is this mutant growth starting?



--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: Pete Peterson] * 2
    #29625591 -

My little Bridgesii fell over and landed on the floor yesterday and today I saw these brighter spots around the top spines but I'm not sure if it's fall damage or sunburn causing this... What do you guys think?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: SkanskKorv] * 2
    #29626124 -

It's hard to say, but it looks more like sun stress from here. If it's damage from falling, it will most likely be softer in those spots.

To answer the fertilizer question...I use soy aminos, potassium silicate, kelp extract, humic acid, epsom salt, soluble gypsum, fish hydrolysate, and sometimes a micronutrient blend called TM7. I feed every 3rd watering or so. I'll topdress a little dolomite lime and/or gypsum early in the growing season. I keep it lower on N and P, and higher on K and Ca. I've gotten better growth since I started doing that. They aren't super picky, some people pump them up with a lot of fertilizer and some people seem to do well barely feeding them.

@Pete- It could be, but it kind of looks like its just dropping a rib.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: hummingbird] * 2
    #29626943 -


Do mice get a tasty for cactus? I've had problems with rodents chewing on my stuff. I was pissed when they got my two headed one😒. I had one trich I was rooting have the top chewed off. But I found that guy dead in a drawer. Imagine the night that mouse had😆


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄽🄴🅂🄲🄾
      If you already know everything,
          you can't learn anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Trichocereus Growers Unite! [Re: morningWood] * 5
    #29627075 -

Some pics of a few things I’ve been digging recently currently in the process of building an 8 x 20 greenhouse that I’m stoked on!



--------------------
Because everything has its origin
And I come going from place to place from the origin...





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1242 | 1243 | 1244 | 1245 | 1246 | 1247 | 1248 | 1249 | 1250 | 1251 | 1252 | 1253 | 1254 | 1255 | 1256 | 1257 | 1258 | 1259 | 1260 | 1261 | 1262 |

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Lophophora Growers Unite!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 928 929 )
ferrel_human 963,242 18,577 09/28/26 01:50 PM
by morningWood
* Cannabis Growers Unite!...The Official Cannabis Growers Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 1565 1566 )
openmind 553,328 31,303 10/02/26 06:29 PM
by mushboy
* Grafting hops to cannabis... anyone tried?? RJLR 10,559 15 02/21/05 09:25 PM
by obaku
* Just got new Mimosa Hostilis plant today. Any growers have advice for beginning seedling? sturmer88 6,361 11 05/22/08 02:53 PM
by sturmer88
* Estimation of mescaline on house and grafted plants! (Scientific paper) ytse 2,621 11 07/15/05 09:31 AM
by ytse
* Areole Grafting ytse 7,020 10 10/26/05 09:37 AM
by ToolTroll
* crassula ovata grafting c8xmvhch 2,689 2 04/14/08 12:47 PM
by kadakuda
* Suggestion for Southwestern USA Peyote Growers mycophyle 3,872 15 05/03/14 11:55 PM
by VivaLaMushie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,178,558 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.046 seconds spending 0.023 seconds on 16 queries.